Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Vaginal Atrophy solution that is working for me!

Comments

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698

I've had good results using pure hyaluronic acid. Not one of the cremes or lotions. Just pure hyaluronic acid in water. It's completely natural and has no side effects. It really helps with the dryness. The one I use is from Watt's Beauty. I got it on Amazon for under ten dollars.

• jinx27
    jinx27 Member Posts: 119

Soo happy to see this thread is still breathing Hug

• I was thrilled to see you posted this topic - thank you! I'm about to start a whole bunch of sex-dampening, vaginal unfriendly hormonal treatments following my BC recurrence surgery next week and I'm dreading the potential side effects; I suspect I'm peri menopausal right now at 47years old as there's a few initial symptoms I've been experiencing which I suspect will be exacerbated by my treatment. So, I've ordered a vaginal dryness relief product https://hellobonafide.com/products/revaree from bonafide to see how this works out. Completely hormone free which appeals obviously. I have no idea how well it works but I thought I'd add it to the conversation for anyone who may have feedback on it already or for those looking for something else :)

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,656

Please come back and post how it works for you. I did a vaginal insert, but it had different ingredients. I got a bladder infection soon after and have been afraid to try anything else.

• Secondtimeround
    Secondtimeround Member Posts: 2

Hi KBL, so far it's absolutely great but I appreciate it early days. I've been inserting a pessary every 3 days and have noticed a vast difference - I hadn't realized just how uncomfortable I had got until I started using the bonafide inserts and I'm very excited to continue with them especially seeing as tamoxifen looms large on my horizon. I think they have some offers on if you order one month supply - and because it's non-hormonal it might be worth a try. Either way, I really hope you find something that suits you and brings relief.

• kbl

Thank you, Secondtimearound. I appreciate you keeping me updated.

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051

I've been having vaginitis issues since I stopped estrace when I was diagnosed. My GYN recently prescribed clobesterol .05% ointment, to be used twice daily for two weeks, then three times per week. Just getting started with treatment. My symptoms have improved, but are a bit bothersome. Has anyone used clobesterol

• kksmom3
    kksmom3 Member Posts: 101

My PCP prescribed me Clobetasol cream, same thing you have. It is the only thing that has helped. It is $$ but the first tube I got in April is still a quarter full and I use a pea sized amount. I got it under control, then it flared up again. I guess I need to keep up with the Clobetasol cream better, but it concerns me to use it this long. I hate the discomfort though, so I'm willing to keep using it.

• cardplayer

I’ve had some burning painwith it, so I’m going to cut back to once a day for a while, before I go to 3xs per week.

• kksmom3
    kksmom3 Member Posts: 101

Everything that is OTC has burned me. I tried to keep up with it by using just coconut oil, but it came back with a vengeance. I still hurt mildly all the time, but not stabbing and burning like I was. I just don't know if it's safe to be on this cream very single day! I have a dr appointment a month from now. so I'll ask then.

• cardplayer

I’ve started to have burning issues with clobesterol. I have a call into my GYN to see what else would help. I’ve been looking at some of the products suggested from others, but want to discuss with doctor before ordering/ trying something new.

• jinx27

So happy folks are keeping this thread alive and writing down their experiences here Hug Thank you!

I have gotten so busy that I have forgotten my vaginal dryness routine. I still have the NeuEve vaginal balm and suppositories. I have been experiencing vaginal dryness ever since I got my monthly Lupron injection. I will insert a suppository (every 5 days) tonight and then use the balm to moisture myself after I bathe.

• Piscean
    Piscean Member Posts: 11

Jinx27, thank you so much for this thread. I've recently begun experiencing the effects of vaginal atrophy and the Neu Eve looks like an amazing product! I've been using Vitamin E soft gels emptied into my vagina but I'm definitely going to try the Neu Eve.

• marie914
    marie914 Member Posts: 152

I have dryness after menopause and I was dreading intercourse because of pain. Then I started taking hormones which helped but then I got breast cancer ER+ :( My breast surgeon said to try coconut oil and it helped a lot. Never had pain during intercourse since. I put it on every day after my shower. It is relatively cheap. I am worried when I start femara next month that the dryness or atrophy might reoccur so I will keep this in mind. Thank you for posting!

• jinx27

Happy New Year Heart

@Piscean let me know if you have any questions, Im still using the products. I have heard that coconut oil works well too @marie914, your dryness may increase a bit with the Femara , if the coconut oil doesnt suffice you can always try a suppository.

• findingoptimism
    findingoptimism Member Posts: 31

Bsed on the recommendations in this thread, I have started Neu Eve. Game changer! I noticed in their materials they talked about “stepping back” to lesser formulas and lower frequency. Does anyone have a maintenance plan that they can recommend?

• jinx27

@FindingOptimism so happy to hear its working for you. I tried scaling back when my dryness and atrophy improved but they seem to creep back up after my monthly Lupron injection. So I started back up with the suppository every 4-5 days. Along with using the vaginal balm daily for my vulva.

On the side of the box there is a routine checkbox with seven days on it, this is a way for you to keep track of when you use it.When I used it for the first time, 3 months was perfect for me but then my Lupron dosage changed to monthly due to a shortage (COVID 19).

As for lesser formulas, I read on the site that the formula Im taking shouldn't change, I believe its the Silk formula. I did send an email asking about how long should one initially use the product, she stated that three consistent months of using the suppository should really be enough, however some patients may need to use it longer depending on the severity of the atrophy. Since most of us are on our hormonal therapy for an extended period of time you should use as needed.

Also ladies, insert the suppository when lying on your back flat with a pillow below your lower back to elevate your pelvic. This ensures the suppository is inserted all of the way and lowers the risk of the product leaking out. I had the most success inserting the suppository when it was very solid. I placed it in the fridge for storage.

So I would say start with 3 months then see from there how you feel! There is a 3 month subscription option.

I just refilled and here is the message form the website about frequency and other supplements;

IMPORTANT:
    Please take sea buckthorn oil (omega-7), vitamin D, vitamin K2 (100 µg/day), calcium (1 g), and omega-3 supplements (either fish oil or flaxseed oil) daily to help NeuEve work better.

NeuEve will work right way if you have just begun to feel vaginal dryness. If you have experienced dryness for more than a year, atrophy has occurred. NeuEve can reverse it, but it may take 1-4 months before recovering from painful intercourse. Before full recovery, if you feel not enough lubrication with NeuEve alone, you can use a regular lubricant during intercourse to ease the dryness, like women who use night cream for wrinkles may also use day cream.

If you are a loving husband or boyfriend, you need to know NeuEve works slowly. Please be patient. Please urinate after intimacy to prevent UTI. After using NeuEve for a while, you will feel like a young woman.

To prevent honeymoon bladder (UTI), we recommend you take daily d-mannose supplements.

Sea buckthorn oil has Omega-7, which is an essential fatty-acid that is a key building block of skin, hair and nails. The human body is incapable of making Omega-7, therefore it must be supplemented by diet.

• Eigna
    Eigna Member Posts: 256

Hello ,

Im joining this discussion just to say that I’m having UTI symptoms...🙄. I did a urine test and culture last Tue and waiting for results today. I finished my treatments end of April and started Tamoxifen in May 2020. This is 3rd time I’m having UTI symptoms since May so I’m worried will I always be like this ? It’s so uncomfortable 😣.

• kbl

Eigna, I do not want to get personal, but I wanted to let you know I'm very prone to bladder infections. I always get them after sex with my husband. What works for me is right before, I take one 50 mg nitrofurantonin (?spelling). It has worked for me for a really long time. I also take Florajen now, a good probiotic. I know within 24 hours after having sex if I will be getting one. I just wanted to let you know to watch for those signs. I haven’t had one in a very long time. Last one was when I didn’t take the pill before.

• Eigna

Thanks KBL for your reply. Doctor just called and I do not have a UTI! So now it might be a yeast infection!I need to see my gyno but good luck finding her during Covid times!

• kbl

Eigna, another thing for me. I went on vacation and used wipes because I was camping. I came back and started to itch. Thought it was a yeast infection. Started using the vaginal medication. It got worse. Found out I was having a reaction to the wipes. I ended up in the emergency room. It was not a yeast infection.

They have a medication, diflucan, for yeast infections. If I had to do it over, I would use that one-day pill rather than the suppositories. I probably wouldn’t have ended up in the emergency room.

• cardplayer

Hi Eigna - I had lots of urinary symptoms - frequency and burning, especially at night. I was checked for UTI several times and didn't have one. My GYN said that vaginitis symptoms can make you feel like you have a UTI. I didn't have a yeast infection. I've been using a vaginal moisturizer (Luvena) and Colbetsol to help alleviate symptoms. I drink lots of water, eat yogurt every day and take probiotics. Sometimes I'm uncomfortable; but it's much better. Sitz bath (just warm water)and a peri bottle help. I post menopausal and was on estrace prior to my BC diagnosis.

• kbl

Oh, how I miss Estrace. That stuff was a miracle in a tube.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 955

Eigna, I frequently feel like I'm in the very early stages of cooking up a UTI, and most of the time, I'm not. I have urine dip sticks at home and check, and I've had it confirmed with a normal urinalysis and culture. I've been taking letrozole now for almost 9 years. Wringing out every micron of estrogen from my body has taken its toll on my urogenital system--I get frequent UTIs after intense bike rides, and the vaginal dryness and irritation can make things FEEL like a UTI even when it's not.

My gyno recommended Revaree suppositories so I'll give them a try. It's a little maddening that they cost $31 dollars a month but we'll see if they make a difference.

My gyno offered a prescription for vaginal estrogen, stating there was no clinical evidence it increased breast cancer recurrence. No thanks. I was on HRT patches for almost 2 years and I'm convinced they lead to my cancer diagnosis, which was almost 100% ER+. SB

• Eigna

Im still wondering if Im missing out anything. I don’t have itching symptoms. It’s white - grey urine , foul smell and pain when I urinate.

• lohogan
    lohogan Member Posts: 5

I have been using coconut oil down below for years to help with sex but in the past few months if I put coconut oil on my vulva and what not, it burns so bad!! I put it on last night just to confirm there is still a problem as I am going to the gyno this week and now sitting here, it still burns from putting it on last night and then trying to wipe off immediately. Still burns. UGH. Will try something these recommended routines and talk to my doc about it. Have not really explored the world of atrophy as coconut oil seemed to do the job. My primary care tried to do an exam and could not get the speculum in because of how bad I hurt and the apparent sensitivity, even the swab she used for culture purposes was super painful and she could not get all the way in. I was sore for days after just trying to put a speculum in. No uti, no infections. Hoping for some guidance from the gyno but for the time being, so appreciative for Breastcancer.org!

Leslie

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 955

My friend had vulvodynia, whose symptoms sound a bit like what you're describing.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/178...:~:text=Vulvodynia%20is%20chronic%20pain%20in,infection%20or%20a%20skin%20disorder.

It was very painful, but with her physician's help, it eventually resolved.

• cardplayer

Lohogan - my GYN suggested A&D ointment for itching / discomfort in my vulva area. Is a bit messy but seems to work for me.

• cardplayer

Eigna - have you seen your GYN or PCP

• Eigna

No - will try to get an appointment on Monday.