Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Running with tissue expanders

Lostchick
Lostchick Member Posts: 4
edited April 2022 in Working on Your Fitness

hello! I had bmx with tissue expanders placed on 5/12. At my last visit with ps he gave me the ok to start running in 2 weeks!! :) My question is about support. My tissue expanders feel huge! and bounce when I walk. I can't imagine running with them but really want to get back out there. I'm hoping things will feel a bit more settled in 2 weeks and this won't be an issue. I wear a light sports. I have tried to wear tighter sports bras (I have a whole drawer of them that don't fit anymore. Ugh) but that really hurts. If anyone else has been through this or something similar I'd love to hear your remedy. Thanks

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,044
    edited June 2020

You're only one month post exchange. Wow. Every doc is different, but I'd make sure to wear those really tight, confining bras for now.

• DDMD76
    DDMD76 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022

Hi Lostchick-

I was so happy to read your post because I am having the same concerns! I currently have my tissue expanders in (im 8 weeks post bilateral mastectomy).PS gave me the ok to run and play tennis but I’ve been struggling to find a proper sports bra for my tissue expanders. Light bras make them move and I’m afraid the skin will stretch out! High impact bras feel too tight. I’m wondering if you or anyone has some advice on this.
    Can anyone recommend a good sports bra for running with tissue expanders and also for running with breast implants?

Thanks!!