Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,528
    Options

But he spends lots of time trying to make himself a victim, so you'll give him the free passes he continues to seek at every turn at his birthright.

• illinoislady
    Options

I'd be embarrassed, Thelma.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

BOOM: REPUBLICAN Congressman Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE) defies his party and TORCHES Trump for his willful possession of classified documents. "As a retired brigadier general who worked with classified materials my entire career, I am shocked at the alleged callousness of how these documents were handled," Bacon said in a statement. "They should not have been stored at his home and should have been completely handed over when the government requested."We need MORE Republicans who are willing to call Trump out on his CRIMES. More than 300 classified documents were recovered from Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort last year, but the charges center on 31 of the documents.Trump will appear at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida on Tuesday, June 13, and faces between five and ten years in prison. Anyone else think it’s important for prominent Republicans to speak out?

• illinoislady
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,065
    Options

The idea that some people think resorting to violence over Trump’s indictments is sickening. It befuddles the mind how many people are willing to throw their lives away for such a vile man who proves over and over what a piece of shit he is. Many who stormed the Capitol thought Trump would somehow save their asses which he never did and some of them are rotting in prison.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,195
    Options

Sadly they probably rue their decisions/actions but some of them would still vote for that piece of shit again and that is what is truly sad. Not a value lesson. Why did his assistant agree to lie to him? He had been a respected military person who somehow or other got involved with kowtowing to this false god I will never be able to understand. He most likely will go to prison and his boss will not blink an eye nor care. Sad.

• divinemrsm
    Options

HOW can ANYONE look at ALL those boxes of CLASSIFIED documents and feel that our country would be SAFE with that asshole and traitor in the White House again? It’s beyond unconscionable that so many Republicans in the House and Senate are so power thirsty they care not about the United States. WTF.

• illinoislady
    Options

I think these people who cling to Trump have lost their own sense of themselves. I don't know what they think they are going to get from the relationship with him. He has a certain transparency about many of the things he does. He will so easily go after you in vengeance for any perception of dis-loyalty. The only things of any value from Trump have been to his higher up people in the form of schools being paid for and apts. rented etc. The hoi-poloi are not getting anything and won't.

It is my sense that he looks down on those people and isn't bothered at all by the fact he uses them for votes and money. In any other way they don't much exist for him. In any case soulless people for some reason can almost I think act as a magnet for others. They are nearly guileless in that the conscience is missing and because it is, it becomes a confusing thing to see and encounter them. I think there is something that draws people in when this takes place. Almost spell-like.

I've met these people a couple times in my life and it was difficult to take them totally serious. They didn't seem as dangerous as I later saw them be to others and they were consummate users. I had something of a chaotic feeling when around them. They easily draw others in.

We need Trump gone out of all our lives as soon as possible. He is way worse obviously that the couple of people I knew.

• illinoislady
    Options

Divine, as to all those boxes — isn't it a bit upsetting to see the copy machine sitting right next to them in that one room. I was dumbstruck at what that might/could mean.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,071
    Options

It fits their cosmology, though. They've been told again and again that when bad things happen to good people, it's "all part of God's plan". If their version of God is a callous and arbitrary deity who demands people suffer for some long game that his victims cannot possibly understand, why would they expect better from their political leader?

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    Options

Just saw Mary Trump on MSMBC- they asked her why he kept the documents and she said everything in her family is transactional and about money- they lose interest if no money is to be had- scariest reason of all for him to keep the documents.

• divinemrsm
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yes, the implications are horrifying.

This is definitely the Trumps.

I read one of Heather Cox Richardson’s latest posts and she said many of the Trump Republican rivals who are running for President are only coming to his defense now so as not to alienate his followers. His rivals want Trump to go down and have his followers flock in their direction. It makes total sense. Very fucked up.

Btw, HCR has a new book coming out sometime this year. Forget what it’s called, when I find the article again I’ll post more about it.

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

Trump call for civil war?

• cardplayer
    Options
  • spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    Options

if anyone remembers Zills Not For Me, she lived in Paris Kentucky. She would be horrified.

• cardplayer
    Options
  • betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,195
    Options

Don't know or remember Zills but that flyer is horrific. Cannot understand how anyone could hate so much about people, life, and do it in God's name. Glad I do not live there. However, think they are the poster people for being cowards. Anyone who has to hide behind anything that obscures their features is a coward in my book. Makes me feel ill for anyone who lives there.

• illinoislady
    Options

Betrayal, I don't know or didn't Zills either, but like you and others here, I'm not sure (since it hasn't ever felt close) what someone could tell me about the cowards who in God's name seem to go so long and hard against the message of love and brotherhood from God. How they make it right may never be explainable to me. I remain surprised at their numbers and it bothers me that so many seem so easy to brainwash. Even severa in my family who I know are/were such britght intelligent people. That was in fact though years ago before Fox News got them infected and to date they have not recovered.

I do have some hope that the further indictments and trials that will come up for the Loon/Trump will help to wean many of the more reasonable from feeling the need to hold up for him or need his voters. While I remain dismayed about many people, I haven't lost hope that the light can keep getting under all the dark the media loves to use right now to sell themselves. How long can they love a loser and keep making excuses for him. Maybe in this and another or two of the coming trials he will become the loser for them too and then we can finally banish the dung forever.

• illinoislady
    Options

If it isn't two-way Hosea.

• illinoislady
    Options

What a mess, and he's now been arrested more than he's been elected as of today. Almost think hell is too nice for this one.

• illinoislady
    Options

Talk about a REAL truth.

• illinoislady
    Options

Yes.

• illinoislady
    Options

This would not at all surprise me. After the pictures in the indictment and conversations about moving boxes all over and the taking of some of the items to Bedminster — there could be records of parts of them God only knows where. Not sure it is now even possible to actually retieve everything the Loon stole.

• divinemrsm
    edited June 2023
    Options

Spookie, I remember Zills Not For Me (and miss her). Did not know she was from Paris, Kentucky and like you said, she would be horrified. Why isn’t everyone?

Jackie, your memes are giving me a good laugh!

Plus your comment: Trump’s now been arrested more than he's been elected as of today!

Each

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,026
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

That's right, Ruth. The Loon gave a reason for having the boxes tonight during his fund raiser at Bedminster. He said that all sorts of HIS things were in those boxes, and he simply didn't have time to ferret everything out.

If you believe that you are agonizingly stupid or you are working overtime to be stupid about it. Says nothing about leaving boxes all around in strange places and leaving the "papers" you were not to have freely available to any Tom, Dick, or Harry who chose to help themselves.

I hope someone tells him — even Cannon can't buy that one.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options