Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,257
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

What makes you a leader of the Repuslican party.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Bravo.

• illinoislady

Excuse me.

• illinoislady

The real S. Bronx almost all white bussed in rally.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Sigh — just waiting like everyone else. I made an exception today to turn the afternoon t.v. onto to MSNBC. Mainly it seems to happen that the important milestones I've missed are because I've grown so tired of non-top news.

If no verdict comes today, I'll be having it on tomorrow as well. I do feel there is every reason to believe he will be found not only guilty, but guilty on all counts. I tend to feel that the jurors are being really careful due to the fact that the Loon was president (if you could have ever called it that) for 4 yrs. It is hard to conceive that it could be otherwise. We will see. I have learned that you should never say never, and I have tried to leave myself just enough room to handle that — but I really can't see it this time. That is what the prosecutions witnesses were really for as well as paper evidence. So, I am waiting.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170

Judge Merchan has announced that the jury has reached a verdict! Waiting for that announcement…

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,502

I am extremely nervous!

• exbrnxgrl

Moi aussi!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

Oh.My.God. Just saw this. Turning on the tv now. Surprised the verdict was reached so soon.

• exbrnxgrl

My dear friend, former prosecutor in Bronx County and former NY State assistant attorney general, predicted that there would be a quick verdict, certainly before the weekend. She praised the prosecutors but in the end, the jury holds decision making power.

Just saw one guilty count! Stay tuned…

• divinemrsm
    edited May 30

GUILTY!!

ALL 34 COUNTS!

THE CROWD OUTSIDE ERUPTS IN CHEERS!!!

• exbrnxgrl

GUILTY ON ALL 34 CHARGES. YES, I’M SHOUTING!!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,502

Holy Cow! I am shaking!!

• mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,920

Yes! Time for Fox News to start spinning like a top!

• divinemrsm

My tv

• exbrnxgrl

Sentencing date was just announced, July 11th.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

WOOHOO! JUSTICE IS NOT DEAD! I AM DOING THE HAPPY DANCE! Honestly did not think they would come to a verdict today, was watching MSNBC when they announced that a verdict was reached and they wanted thirty extra minutes.

MY HOPE LEVEL HAS JUST GONE UP 100%😁😃 THANK YOU JURORS!❤️

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609

Congratulation to the prosecutors, and the jury for using the law and applying it to all persons equally. This should really push his crazy buttons and he will be spinning like a top from here on out.

Of course, he will appeal but what lawyer in his right mind will want to represent him? He's broke, can't pay his legal bills without grifting donations from his base and I think his rich friends will start to disappear. Justice is served.

• divinemrsm

And where was Melania?

• illinoislady

Just wow. I don't know if I should be happy, and don't get me wrong I am, but a part of me in sad too. That we as Americans had to suffer this indignity. The world saw it, but what a shame for a great nation like ours to have to try a former (ahem) president.

I am Betrayal as pleased as you that our system held strong. Trump was judged by his peers no matter how he still tries to shift blame to Pres. Biden and Democrats.

I watched Todd Blanche with his scowl and pinched lips looking to be tightly pressed and wondered what He REALLY thought. I hope it was that you should head for the hills as fast as you can. Your paycheck likely just dissolved, and it remains to be seen who will want to hire you after this. Let alone likely losing just as badly as you did today on any appeals. If you are smart, you'll walk away and not look back ever. You did your best but as stated before, Alvin Bragg and New York had one big thing on their side — TRUTH. Your side actually had nothing. You also had a person giving you directions as a total narcissist who also habitually lies every time he opens his mouth.

The jurors were wonderful, but I will admit a little part of me did in fact feel a bit of doubt and plenty of nervous. For some reason, I actually did think they would get it wrapped up today. Not because there weren't some difficulties, but because there was no real defense that happened. When you are faced with so much truth, a sleeping defendant and one who hasn't the courage to get on the stand (but obviously with what we all know) and parrots over and over that he hired a liar who the jury shouldn't believe — then why should it take over-much time. Frankly, I was a bit surprised that it took till now — but I admit — to me Trump has been guilty of just about anything and everything most of his life and with what I felt I knew, I never really ever doubted his guilt ever.

Hope we can now move on and I'm also hoping as stated before that people will have second thoughts about helping Trump in any way. You will have to be a real nut case to cause trouble at this point.