Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
    edited May 31

Jackie, I didn’t see his press conference but not surprised it was fiasco. And he is a coward for not taking the stand. That’s maybe one thing right his lawyers did was make sure he didn’t testify on his own behalf.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609

The Loon declined to testify so why is he saying her wasn't permitted to testify? I wish he had because then the real truth would have been apparent. Love the Statue of Liberty meme.

I would love for him to be imprisoned in Trump Tower for 4 years and having to wear an ankle bracelet with restricted hours. That would be just punishment for me. I am sure the other tenants would abandon the building in a hurry. Do you think the kids could run Mar-a-Lago to his satisfaction? Correct me if I am in error, didn't his Dad have Alzheimer's?

• mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,920
  • illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,257

Betrayal, yes Trump's dad did have Alzheimer's. That makes me way less surprised that he is going the same way. It's not a given I know, but it does seem to turn up in family trees. I don't recollect the whole story but or even much of it, but something to the effect that due to the father's downfall from the disease Trump was able to manipulate Fred Trump and get the family fortune all turned over to himself, and that has a lot to do with Mary Trump's ire and upset with Trump.

She has done well enough for herself, but she feels her dad (Trump's brother) died young and basically destitute due to the things Donald Trump did which had a great effect on the brother who was a couple (few) years older than Donald. I think it probably had a lot to do with why Mary chose the psychiatric profession.

I think it might be possible for Trump to undergo some house arrest with ankle bracelet. A rather constant reminder that would be. I really can't see sending him to Rikers at his age and with his disabilities. Even though you can't make anyone happy, I would not want it said that things that didn't have to be done were. Home confinement would be adequate for me. Anything that was a constant reminder that he wasn't free to come and go like everyone else. He has spent his life trying to set himself apart and if he was under house arrest he would be set apart.

Well, time will tell, but I do know Trump is not doing himself one favor at all by his constant mouthing off about judges, Biden, Bragg and Democrats. He can now be judged by others (thinking those who will sentence you here) for everything he does and says and it does not matter if it relates directly to his felonies as such. He is not to my knowledge under any gag order now, but if he were as smart as he claims he would zip it immediately if not sooner. His demeanor (so very un-repentant) and inability to stop yapping innocence with no proof while calling names and assigning blame for trying to ruin his non-campaign by a shame trial only gives fuel to those now in charge of your consequences for what you have done. This is something you likely can never un-do — but you can make it worse than it needs to be.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

I too loved the Statue of Liberty meme and the Snoopy meme!

I agree with illinois, I don't care if Trump isn't put in jail. I think he will have heavy fines, but he could get jail time if he keeps mouthing off and violates the gag order! It would actually be good for Trump to sit in jail for a day or two! No cell phone, hard bed! Unlike illinois, I am not as compassionate towards him. I will NEVER forgive him for the things he said about John McCain and the torture he endured, or the way he mocked military men and women who were either captured by the enemy or wounded in a war.

Real justice would be Trump having a stroke, leaving him with slurred speech but with enough awareness to know what is happening to him, yet unable to care for his own basic needs.

• illinoislady

I'm not really going to forgive Trump for any of his life and especially so when he and Putin stole our WH. But then, he is in my thoughts not as capable of REAL appreciation for having to Pay up for things — not like the rest of us. I also think the very seemingly rapid dementia is making that worse. So he will never get the real brunt of being held accountable like say Michael Cohen or others. That said, he certainly wouldn't be happy in any way, but just that his narcissistic world has always been far different than ours. So that is why I certainly want highly feelable things and for him to know that he does not have the freedom of movement and I'm sure will indeed have other restrictions as well. Like not voting, not having a passport, not being able to have a firearm etc. He won't be off the hook.

Cohen was able in fact with Covid going through the prisons sent home for home confinement and anytime he needed or wanted to leave his house he had to get special dispensation for it. So Trump would have to stay in New York who does NOT love him in any way and he could not come and go and would even have to clear going to a golf course if that is something he might want.

Anyone doing what he did should have the harshest sentence possible, but my sensation (held for a long time now ) and I said it here many times — that I hated that Trump was losing more mental faculties and would not be able to fully appreciate the severity of being locked up. It pains me that we all have waited so long, but this is what I honestly believe. We never were like him, thank God, but it does make him incapable of having honest full blown reactions — he is not mentally balanced enough to really get it.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

I wrote to my House Rep. and told him I was disgusted with the GOP, especially Jim Jordan who now is going after Alvin Briggs and Matthew Colangelo! Spoiled brats Marco Rubio and JD Vance signed a letter stating they will not work with Democrats in the Senate! WOW, talk about immature and Unamerican attitudes! It is okay with me, let the grown-ups in the Senate and HR take control and run this country the way a Democracy was meant to be run, or we can just take it over and be a better country for it! *Big mistake MAGA made, thinking only GOP have guns! They don't get it that Democrats prefer to fight battles with words not guns, but if push comes to shove, Democrats will fight and it won't be the one they imagine!

• illinoislady

The big challenge is to become all that you have the possibility of becoming.  You cannot believe what it does to the human spirit to maximize your human potential and stretch yourself to the limit.      -Jim Rohn

• illinoislady

MM, I am totally with you on Jordan and others. There were ten of the 'Reps. creeps' and they know or certainly they should, that they cannot have influence or interfere in a completely lawful indictment, trial, and conviction. They just want to influence if they can tearing up the rule of law which will always be against those who would use un-lawful means to get their way.

I am deeply concerned about it because everything Trump and the Reps. do is meant to erode to the point of getting away with their avarices and stealing/wresting control from well-meaning Democrats. The Supreme Court is helping them mightily. I still have hopes that we can get in another Trump trial which I think is needed although it will continue to help Trump play the martyr. Seems like while he hates 'looking' like a loser which he is, he also is able to (unlike others) use it. Fact is — he uses the Reps. as much as they are using him and not one of them cares at this point. Our job I guess is to make them care, and to do that we have to keep proving them wrong and hopefully continually unable to make a real dent in our rule of law.

We need to get behind Pres. Biden no matter what. I do hope those who are big on complaining about him will get it together in time because we can fix anything if we are united.

• illinoislady

If you didn't know it before…….

• illinoislady

I'm still wondering how Blanche and the other lawyers on this are feeling about it. They can't ALL be as deeply into Trump as Blanche seems to be. Even then, with Blanche, he knows the law and had to know going along with what Trump wanted to 'hear' was not likely to help win his case at all. This whole group of lawyers were about as inept as they could be.

I think interesting to see where they end up with appeals and what comes next on the usual plate of how these things play out. Maybe Trump will keep them on — they apparently did everything he wanted done and so they may fare better than I think.

• illinoislady
    edited June 1

All jokes aside – Let’s take a moment to show District Attorney Alvin Bragg the respect, recognition, and appreciation that he deserves. What he did here was no easy feat, but Alvin Bragg did not back down and he will now go down in history as the first person in United States history to prosecute and convict a former president and prove to the world that NO ONE is above the law!

So well done — thank you very much.

• illinoislady

I hope he gets what he has been asking for most of his miserable, ugly life on July 11, 2024

• illinoislady
    edited June 1

Under things that need changing asap.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

This is what the Loon and his people and the Reps. are up against which is exactly why we can expect people like Gym Jordan to behave abominably.

• illinoislady

Diaper genie and picture of Hillary, such nice touches. Really New York — you don't have to you know. Just give him a rat for his cell so he can be in good company.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

That's just a fact.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Hmm, understatement of the millieum.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited June 1

Whinnying all the way.

• illinoislady
    edited June 1

Better late than never.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

As the famous line in a movie once said: " Cry all you want, you'll pee less".

• illinoislady

Oh yes, indeedy.