Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,211
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

• illinoislady

Repeat, repeat, repeat and pretty soon no one even thinks to check on REALITY. They just believe that orange pile of dog manure.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

More of their insanity.

• illinoislady
    edited June 8

Hey Repugs — your guy really is the loser.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Absolutely.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609

Poem brought tears to my eyes so I loved it. Sometimes we need to take inventory to see what we have done rather than what we face. We will never be free of adversity but we can overcome its effects by finding the positive, even if not evident, and moving forward. I choose hope even if it means dealing with episodic despair.

Remember the odds our soldiers had during WWII and how they fought so hard to preserve our way of life, freedom, liberty and justice for all, as the democratic way. I can't let their ideals down.

• illinoislady

Caring passionately about something isn't against nature, and it isn't against human nature. It's what we're here to do.      -Annie Dillard

• illinoislady

Trying not to watch too much news. Five months out here and the focus is going to be whatever seems to build up the Loon and the Reps. and whatever makes us on our side sound like Reps, when we are not. Sometimes, even knowing the other side is so diabolical and not to be REALLY believed I still have to sit back and take a few breaths (time-outs) while it feels like too much so I can dig in my heels again.

I think the Reps. are almost self-defeating, but that is only if our side puts in all the work we can. The more that side tries to take away, the harder we have to go at taking it BACK and Beyond.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

I am glad this thread showed up publically. I had lost it and couldn’t remember the name. Now I’ve bookmarked it

• illinoislady

Good for you Wren. Glad to hear you won't lose it now.

• illinoislady

I spent most of today ignoring the news again. I watched in the morning a bit, but I had some extra chores this early morning and by the time I had time to take a bit of a nap, anything new had long before come on. I leave the tv on the news but don't listen more than generally hearing voices as I don't pay attention — then when I sit down I find another channel. We have HULU and Netflix for our kids so I have no problem finding something I can enjoy. Usually some kind of HGTV show — they have tons. I'm going to fall asleep anyway so I look for something I won't mind missing although I do enjoy a lot of their style of shows.

Woke up in time to do a couple of small things and our friend Dave (Electrician) came over to look at the non-working outlet behind my office chair. Wi-fi blood pressure and sending unit is there as well — which is why I needed power. Well, he said he thought it was under the house and he is far too big a guy to get into out unusually minimal crawl space but he was able to install another outlet on the same way and drill a hole in the wall so he could tap into another line in the screen room and get power back for this area. We had a heavy duty extension and power strip and its not good for people our age. Also hard to sweep as someone had to hold up the big cord all the time. Won't be watching news tomorrow but hope to be back on schedule with memes and other things. See you all then.

• illinoislady

The powerful potential behind change lies in the possibility that each
    new beginning will bring us greater joy and freedom than we have ever
    known.  Whether or not that actually happens--whether or not we
    continue to grow through the cycles of our lives--is largely up to us.
    We play a part in what happens by choosing how we see our changes,
    our beginnings, our endings.  We can see each ending as a tragedy and
    lament and resist it, or we can see each ending as a new beginning and
    a new birth into greater opportunities.  What the caterpillar sees as the
    tragedy of death, the butterfly sees as the miracle of birth.

John Marks Templeton
    Worldwide Laws of Life

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275
    edited June 9

OMG I tuned into News Max a few mins ago because they are supposed to be holding a Trump rally and I thought, "OK, lets see what one of these events is like." First of all, it is HOT wherever it is being held and my feeling is he won't even show up. They said it was a large crowd but honestly, it was SMALL! I have seen much bigger crowds at my sons T-ball games! That is not hyperbole!

I listened to News Max telling everyone they are going public and will be on the NY stock exchange by Jan 2025 and people can sign up, even my credit card, to buy shares. I assume they will do well until they open on the exchange and crash. I couldn't listen even 10 minutes because of the lies they were spewing! Complete stupidity!

I really hope Trump has a stroke from the heat! He is a man who IMO should have been castrated for raping women (my feeling for all convicted rapists) and he is a CONVICTED FELON!!!! Who are those people?????

Then I switched to a Fox News channel, not on purpose, new remote and it doesn't work the same as the old one. What were they talking about? The social medial post supposedly from the cousin of one of the the jurors in the Trump trial saying "my cousin told me he will be convicted!" They went on with more ridiculous talk, knowing that it is being investigated and was from a troll! Likely came from MAGA! Idiots! They will do anything to get a mistrial. Not so fast Fox! I am praying for jail time, especially due to Trumps uncontrollable mouthing off, and total lack of remorse. I don't think he knows what remorse is!

• illinoislady

MM, that (a nice heat stroke) is one of the best reasons for Trump to keep doing his idiot rallies. The other is that he is senile and no longer makes much sense. In fact, he is likely making more great ads (Lincoln Project type) for our side than we will know what to do with.

As far as Newsmax, Breitbart, and other far right broadcasting outlets, I think those people believe just about every conspiracy theory ever dreamed up. Sadly, these people aren't so far gone as to need locked up or separated much from society, but they are asinine and dangerous all the same. Not that I don't wholly believe they are a problem, and to some degree always will be but I also believe they don't get very far a lot of time because brought out totally in the light of day and pushed up next to real science and COLD hard facts what they spew falls completely apart. So, I don't think they ever quite get a huge foothold. Just enough to make us miserable and having to correct all the time and spend a lot of time on their nuttiness.

I read somewhere (and if this rally is Newsmax type audience) that it is rough letting Trump out now and there is some care about where — mainly because Trump can't hold it together. So that type of audience would be less critical for Trump — but there are always people who are and so Trump will not gain much. He will continue to thrill those who are going to vote for him no matter what, but Trump will continue to turn off any voter who has a brain.

• illinoislady

Just as a further note and some of you may have read it as well was an article about the Trump years. How he was so stupid and such horror happened with him and on such a consistent and regular basis that the human brain had trouble trying to comprehend and take it all in. From having people in on what should have been a secret meeting (better held in a war room) but was held on the patio of Trump's MaraLago club when he and Shinzo Abe were eating dinner, to our injecting bleach for Covid treatments.

At what point do you just almost shut down trying to process daily doses of that kind of insanity — and yet we came through it. No wonder though the majority of us couldn't wait to get rid of Trump and just as an aside "no wonder we sooo needed a place like BC. Org" and we are so lucky Trump and his crew did NOT manage to stay on. Some of that insanity is what has Trump in the mess he is in now with a sentencing hearing coming up and even more trials.

MM, I'm with you but at the same time I also wish the wheels of justice could move just a bit faster. As is, while I'm not sure a lot of the Reps. who are presently touting lots of how great Trump is noise really believe that in the least, the slow play of indictments, and trials and most still to come have allowed those who want power and control to have lots of reason to feel a possibility of getting it. I think the desire to go forward to be a lot more difficult and un-certain had Trump had to face his fate quicker. Had his mistakes (and many are huge) been highlighted sooner and dealt with quicker those who need to see REALITY work w/o undue time and almost no flinching could have likely been kept in place much better.

It is the kind of world we live in and the American way is one that is supposed to be fairest of them all and to a degree there is truth to that in that we do have a democracy, but as will always be — it needs some work. We really need to find a way to hold those who do wrong (especially high up in our government as well) held accountable much quicker. Nothing could dissuade someone faster than seeing things adjudicated timely and with finality. Why in the world after this many years have we not figured that one out??????

• illinoislady

So ridiculous its totally true.

• mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,916

Still waiting for some proof that the election was stolen…

• illinoislady

He's such a good Republican he will likely vote for him anyway. Partly because he's missing a couple of things.

• illinoislady

Come by it honest.

• illinoislady

Too bad Alex — your price for getting to play. You definitely made the wrong move.

• illinoislady

True for me.