Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,211
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Some reality is hard to deny.

• illinoislady

This would be a great Lincoln billboard picture.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Why I detest Osteen and others like him and wish the most negative karmas possible.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,498
  • ruthbru
  • ruthbru
  • illinoislady

Ruth, all fantastic.

I am so on the first one. I wasn't there and can't say and frankly it could be the most wonderful excuse ever but Hunter maintained I believe that when he applied for his gun permit and the gun he was in treatment for his addiction and so wasn't at the time an active drug user — which is the only way I know how to put it. So he answered the question no.

I've never applied for a gun permit and even though my Dh did — I'm the type that I don't want to hear about a gun, I don't want to see it and I want to forget that any even exist in this house. But, if Hunter's jury had all the correct I'm on board just fine with things. I do hope he does not have to do jail time, as while he was wrong for what he did, it was said that most people do NOT do jail time and I do think he seems to have been properly re-habbed and a credit to society.

As noted, I think this was a tit-for tat prosecution pretty much and done as much because the Reps. try as they might, just couldn't find anything to hang on Pres. Biden.

There are no words for the Loon style of Word Salad. He seems to indicate he rather be electrocuted — oh don't you know I'd love it if you got your wish.

The third is just a great testimony to being real. I really like it.

• illinoislady

After what he and his family have endured — I'm sure it will be the last thing on his mind.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited June 11

Well, they can't boycott — where would they shop. Chick-Fil-A doesn't carry dept store items.

• illinoislady
    edited June 11

You do this most when your middle name is stupid hypocrite.

• illinoislady
    edited June 11

Republicans should have to read this every day .

• illinoislady

Never heard that he was going to be there, but this also inspires me to love San Francisco as well.

• illinoislady

I never got such a kick out of tapioca in my life.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,169

Love the Alcatraz prison transport! Of course Alcatraz ceased to be a prison long ago, it is now a major SF tourist destination, but I’d have no objections about reopening it for a certain someone 😉. BTW, if you ever visit SF, it is a very worthwhile tour. Prisons are not at the top of my list when it comes to sightseeing, but it is fascinating and the ferry ride over provides you with some stunning cityscapes.

• illinoislady

and the only decent people on the court are women excluding Barrett.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

And he only did it to prove he could torture women and mock them. And she had every right to be indignant having to share space with such an orange abomination who had no real desire to be president anyway. He a waste of oxygen, always was and always will be.

If you don't zip it, I'll soon be thinking that of you too Miz. Conway.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Heard and seen so much I don't even have to pause.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

I'm crying tears as big as cow pies and horse doo doo for them. Pay up gentlemen like the rest of us do.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

I totally love the Alcatraz prison transport, too!!!!

Also the Kellyanne Conway meme! LOL

And: chicken vs. broken glass shit platter??!!! Seriously, folks!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
    edited June 12

Re: the song “Imagine” which many people today still attribute to just John Lennon. It was the best-selling single of his solo career. Among the song’s accolades, Imagine:

was named one of the 100 most performed songs of the 20th century
    ranked number 30 on the RIAA’s list of the 365 "Songs of the Century"
    earned a Grammy Hall of Fame Award
    was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's "500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll"
    Guinness World Records British Hit Singles Book named it the second-best single of all time
    Rolling Stone ranked it number three in the 2004 list of "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time”
    Since 2005, event organizers have played the song just before the New Year's Times Square Ball drops in New York City. 

But, here’s the point I want to make: before his death, John Lennon said that much of the song's lyrics and content came from his wife, Yoko Ono, and, in 2017 Yoko received cowriting credit.

Lennon said the composition "should be credited as a Lennon/Ono song. A lot of it—the lyric and the concept—came from Yoko, but in those days I was a bit more selfish, a bit more macho, and I sort of omitted her contribution.”

Yep! John Lennon did what SO many men do, he took full credit for something that a woman, his wife, helped him with. This is yet another a case where the woman’s contributions were made invisible. It’s a beautiful song and deserving of all its praise and recognition, (I even learned to play it on the harmonica!) and Yoko deserves co-writing recognition for it.