Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265

And one of the first things I thought was don't let the door hit your damaged ear on the way out.

• illinoislady

That's interesting. Told Dh last night to turn off MSNBC — that Trump's speech was boring and a lot of other reasons that didn't even have anything much to do with the speech.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Well, she's not going to say a word. Her old man she thinks is going somewhere special and she wants to go with him. So she's letting her husband talk all the trash he wants.

• illinoislady
    edited July 19

Karin Moore-NaloryThis constant lying is not aimed at making the people believe a lie, but at ensuring that no one believes anything anymore.A people that can no longer distinguish between truth and lies cannot distinguish between right and wrong. And such a people, deprived of the power to think and judge, is, without knowing and willing it, completely subjected to the rule of lies.With such a people, you can do whatever you want.”—Hannah Arendt, German historian and philosopher (1906–1975)

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

They are doing the right thing — now if some of the people who call themselves Democrats will follow suit.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited July 19

DJT kisses a uniform of the firefighter who lost their life to 'honor him' but didn't call the family for days and is selling $300 sneakers to exploit the tragedy. His name was Corey Comperatore. He was a human. He was a husband. He was a father. But here, in his memory, he becomes nothing more than a flimsy prop in DJT's deranged reality show, a cheap Halloween costume with a making an appearance following Hulk friggin' Hogan. And to think Corey will no longer spend time with his family because he loved this violent sociopath and what he represents, it's honestly one of the most revolting spectacles we've ever witnessed at a convention.

• illinoislady
    edited July 19
  • mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

My apologies to all here. Betrayal complained about me on another site she knows I comment on asking others what to do about someone like me. I don't know why people take issues on one forum and then drag them into another forum, other than they don't feel they got enough support on the forum where the assumed offense happened.

As I explained, I wasn't talking about her when I used the word Pollyanna. In my community, people often use it to mean always feeling positive and happy and never looking at the other side of the coin.

I will not read anything posted by her again so there will be no doubt that anything I say moving forward has anything to do with her! If I see a meme posted by her, I won't look at it. She can do the same with me and what I post. Wow, I feel like I am back in elementary school.

I apologize to all on this forum for having to witness this. I hope the rest of you were not offended by anything I said!

• illinoislady

I accept your apology and I am not offended.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574
    edited July 19

I’m not getting involved with other members who have a disagreement, that is between them. I think a member can block seeing another member’s posts, so that might be one solution. Another route is to take any such matter to the Mods. Over the years, I’ve sought their help for a few situations that upset me and when I did, they were very diplomatic and offered great insight.

I don’t want to be rude in any way. The thread is about liberal views and the current main focus is on the upcoming election. I don’t think any liberal minded member has been asked to leave. No one here has that power anyway. Take a break from the thread if you (meaning any member) need to. I think we all understand how that’s sometimes necessary. Bring your positivity if you want! Bring your gloom and doom if you want! This thread moves pretty quickly. We have a ways to go before election day and anything can happen. Let’s see what we can do with all of it.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,171

“ Bring your positivity if you want! Bring your gloom and doom if you want! ” - divine

Thank you! This whole election cycle continues to be very emotional. All emotions are welcome.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,273

I agree - with devine & exbrn - Bring it on. My only problem is I didn't log on for 8 hours and there are SEVENTY-SEVEN posts.

I feel both emotions depending on the day. But while I do hope, I am scared.

Want to hear the cop out from my ex-DH? He is 82 so "he won't be here" - and we have no grandchildren, so…. Yup - cop out but he'll still vote & vote blue.

Thank you EVERYONE here for sharing their thoughts & feelings. It's all worth pondering. And thanks to Jackie for the lion's share of the memes. I don't watch TV at all - EVER - so I'm not bombarded by the news. I do see news on line, which I can choose to click on or not. I do read a daily paper & lot so periodicals so again, I can sift & choose & close paper.

• mavericksmom

Thanks for the suggestions divine! If anyone knows how to block someone’s posts PM me. It’s worth it to keep the peace. I will ask the mods about it!🤗

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574
    edited July 20

Apparently blocking is now called “Ignore” and I think this is how to do it. Click on the member’s name/avatar you wish to ignore. It will open that person’s “overview”. On the right side of that page, there’s an oval with a silhouette of a person’s head (I marked it with a yellow arrow). Click on that oval.

When you click the oval, a box with the word “Ignore” will pop up. Click on that box:

Then you will see the following box and question pop up. Click “ok” for a member you want to ignore. This process is reversible in case you want to see their posts again.

And let me just say that there’s a reason why this option is available. Sometimes a member is better off ignoring another. No judgement, it happens to many of us at one time or another.

• mavericksmom

Thank you divinemrsm! The mods actually gave me that information when they responded to my message. Not being tech savvy, I would never have known about that feature had it not been for you mentioning it. Problem solved!

Moving on, news this morning showed a map of all the states where women's health is at greater risk thanks to the GOP and SCOTUS. Truly sad and scary should the GOP win in the fall. I really hope the turn out to vote this fall is huge on Democratic side. No doubt it will be months to get a final answer of who won as I am sure the GOP will try to overturn the election again if Democrats win. On the flip side, I will not trust a GOP win without having some investigation of the ballot count.