Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265

The more authentic you become, the more genuine in your expression, particularly regarding personal experiences and even self-doubts, the more people can relate to your expression and the safer it makes them feel to express themselves.  That expression in turn feeds back on the other person's spirit, and genuine creative empathy takes place, producing new insights and learnings.      -Stephen Covey

• illinoislady
    edited July 20

Glad you got help for your issue MM. I'm so non-tech savvy I'd still be trying to figure out what is likely easier than falling down these days.

On another note — thank the Lord that RNC convention is now over. Of course, it did me good to keep reading that they were bombing on viewership. Also read on the way here that many people did not actually care much for the Trump speech at the end. Didn't start till 10:30 p.m. and droned on and on for an hour and a half. Pres. Biden said " and Trump said - inconclusion, and then just kept right on going". Lastly, he couldn't do it. It was supposed to be a speech where prior grievances etc. didn't come up. He couldn't help but go into some ad-libs because he apparently just thinks people have to stay incensed over his own gripes. So, I am breathing a big sigh of relief.

Our convention comes next and no matter what it is the important point is IT WILL BE SANE. We won't have a senile, droning speech that puts us all to sleep and has our own people complaining about how bad it was. We won't have a Matt Gaetz and Kevin McCarthy going at each other - again. We won't have a vacant-eyed soul selling Vance spewing lies while kissing up to those he now needs to.

Ours will have sanity and reason. The proof will be in the pudding as is said. If more people tune in to see our convention, we will know. I also read this should bring an ending (oh how I hope and pray) to all the hoopla over Pres. Biden bowing out. Sadly the rt. wing media seems to have done quite a job on some of our Democrats. I know there were always some, but I also read where many the media have claimed are asking Pres. Biden to drop out ACTUALLY aren't. So my grains of salt are building up and more than ever I am counting on and hoping our convention starts making up some of the ground we SEEMED to have lost, but maybe didn't so much.

In addition to everything else that needs doing, I am thinking we really do need to turn the media flow to a trickle. Till they want to dial way far back on the ratings lies and fear mongering they promote. It is not just Trump and his ilk trying to make life miserable for us, but the money mad media — who don't seem to extrapolate the shape they would be in if indeed the rt. were to actually get what they want. Still, I'm feeling a bit of extra excitement that we get a chance now to once again do some canceling of the insanity on the right.

ETA: Good memes. I'll be back with some later.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505
  • mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275
    edited July 20

Love the meme, Ruthbru! I totally agree with you that young women need to turn out to vote in mass or their rights will continue to be taken away. I heard Hadley, who is now also in commercials shown in PA, speak and what she went through was horrific. Knowing there are thousands of "Hadleys" out there, many who live in red states where they can't even be offered the health care they need, is heartbreaking!

• illinoislady

Hysterical meme. I love it.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,164

The pads over the ears make me think that this is just another way that the Reps are letting themselves be tea-bagged.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,164

Some may say that comparing Drumph to Hitler is implying that he should be shot. But Ann Coulter, a rabid Republican right-wing pundit, was out and out saying that that Trump should die back in February.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ann-coulter-best-thing-trump-172944605.html

• Ann Coulter didn’t mince her words when asked what former president Donald Trump could do to “help us take America back.” “Maybe he could die?” she wrote on X.

• illinoislady

Miriandra but it was a tossup between the agree I pushed, insightful and like. We don't have a "love" button or I definitely would have likely used it.

Despite so much bravado, and hail fellow and all of that, I really have thought Trump really does have people who have gone fairly negative on him. The negative things if they come appear it seems once or twice and then fade into the woodwork. If we were treated to the negative a bit more we could have been a bit more up-beat around here. There are people like Chaney and Kinzinger, but we have known and heard from them for a long time. It is the ones who we don't hear from much — maybe something like I'm a Reps. all my life but I can't vote for Trump THIS time.

So, that has kept some of my hope afloat, if dulled now and then from some event.

• illinoislady

I have found this most amazing in a really disgusting way. Makes me wonder what the hell gives with these people who think this is a GREAT expression. And being even worse coming from the world's biggest narcissist.

• illinoislady

Just a note here from that last meme. I have been pondering the fact that we still seem (unless something just came out) not to have any information on the Trump medical crisis from his shooting, glass cuts, or whatever it was that happened.

So I decided the Dr.'s didn't release anything because someone somewhere will tell on them no matter what fancy words they use to describe having Trump show up to have some blood washed off his ear and sweaty face. I'm thinking there is actually nothing to release. The stupid bandage is for show and has fake and ridiculous as the wearer of it.

• illinoislady

Their real pick when he is not trying to impress with special shoes and orange make-up. He is just an old fairly homely fat guy who is senile.

• illinoislady

Evidence of who had the brains in these relationships. Way to go gals.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Did not re-size to make the words easier to see and read.

• illinoislady

Guess sometimes when your old, fat, senile and a con, you have to take what shows up as a friend. Birds of a feather.

• illinoislady

Wow, I didn't know this.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Put it in before, it is a very good re-run.

• illinoislady

Besides your best friend Hannibal wants you to.