Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574

Exbrnxgrl, I looked back to find this comment I made on the thread July 19: “Bring your positivity if you want! Bring your gloom and doom if you want! This thread moves pretty quickly. We have a ways to go before election day and anything can happen (italics added). Let’s see what we can do with all of it.” Two days before Biden’s announcement! And here we are! I feel happy that your heart has been buoyed! Mine, too, and no doubt all Democrats!

I agree, Biden’s decision was made after a great deal of behind the scenes calculating. I was thinking he might withdraw and worried it might be too late. Remember when Bernie Sanders waited till the last minute to concede to Hillary at the DNC? Many of his followers were crushed and I think it cost votes. I was thinking, “What is it with these white guys clinging to power?” But now I see that Biden had a game plan in the works. He just put on his poker face. Haha! Go Joe!

I’ve been following politics closely since only around 2012. Biden’s presidency is when I’ve really come to see how the many cabinet members work to arrive at what’s best for our country, and how the party works as a whole. Most of the elected Dems in D.C. experienced Jan 6. They know what’s at stake. I’m so impressed how they’ve gone about rallying for our nation’s future.

Btw, I cannot remember how I ever found this thread. But it’s been a lifeline!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265

Exbrnxgrl, not surprised about your Spanish knowledge. I hate to admit I lived in California for 25 years, and still need help ALL the time with Spanish. I believe you hit the nail on the head where Pres. Biden is concerned. I think the lesson for some would be don't mess with someone who has spent the major part of his existence in politics. I'm amazed that it was so easy to take advantage of them in a perfectly above-board way. Then again, Kool-Aid does do strange things to a person's mentality. I do think Republicans had some at one time. There are a few that still do but most of the time they have to remain quiet and in the background.

I'm glad that our President knew what to do and when to do it. I do believe it has had a most outstanding result and while there are a couple who like to think this is a temporary 'honeymoon' period for VP Harris as she transitions, I have some doubts. about that. There are those who are nowhere near ready to give her much credit, but people on our side (and oh those irate women who are so disgustingly tired and fed up with Reps. and Trump) will be in full force keeping the sins on the right front and center adding more fuel all the time till the election. I think the right (insisting on having to have Trump at any cost) will find that wanting votes bad enough to keep that albatross around their necks was the biggest mistake they ever made.

I do expect polls to settle down some, but not to giving Trump a lead unless they do their little trick of finding an outlier poll. I think we are going to be just fine.

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm

Btw, Caryn, your news that Vance’s wife just quit her prestigious job gives me Stepford Wives chills. It’s creepy! I mean, Jill Biden kept her day job even as she became First Lady!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,171
    edited July 25

It’s beyond hypocritical and a little bizarre. Usha’s mother is a molecular biologist and a provost at UC San Diego 🤦🏻‍♀️. What on earth are these people thinking???

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505
    edited July 25

If any of you are interested in getting a Kamala tee shirt, the daughter of a friend makes the ones in the link below. If you use the code CLARK20, you would get 20% off.

https://unbreakabelle.etsy.com/listing/1766287175

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,171
    edited July 25

Usha Vance also clerked for John Roberts.

• illinoislady

A very beautiful, moving speech and I'm still just a sm. bit teary eyed. Although I have great confidence in VP Harris, I will miss Pres. Biden. He has given of himself for so long and I have been so 'safe' and 'secure' and I will miss the homey touches he gave the WH and his malarkeys' too.

• illinoislady

I am totally loving the Lt. Gov Duncan's meme. Thanks Divine.

• dogmomrunner
    dogmomrunner Member Posts: 501

I love this! I think I will make it into my FB profile pic.

• divinemrsm
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

We have so confused the norms of success in this society that we no longer know failure when we see it. People who could have earned more money had they chosen to spend more time at the office and less time with the family; people who could have been more socially prominent had they just been willing to forego old friends from old neighborhoods; people who could have lived in more sophisticated cities had they been willing to give up fishing and walking in the woods: these people we consider some kind of social failures. But maybe what they really succeeded at becoming was real people, instead of hollow copies of advertising models for Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

JoanChittister Seeing with Our Souls

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Sur won't happen.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

"Remember when he was trying to deal with COVID he said inject a little bleach in your vein. He missed. It all went to his hair."

• illinoislady

Records are forever.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

So blessed to have had you, and so proud of you. Love you Joe.

• illinoislady

Wonderful First Lady. I think she would have rathered Pres. Joe not run, the first time or this time. Knowing the aging that takes place with the huge responsibility of the highest office, but with love and pride and intelligence she took her place with him in full support. Twice blessed we were.

• illinoislady

Loser full of it.

• illinoislady

All this from the shambles Trump left from his four years — and all of this in less than four. Pretty clear who was in it for himself and who was in it for our country.

• illinoislady

Trump should be eating his heart out to hear words like this, but the fact is he doesn't really have one for the things that truly matter.

• illinoislady