Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265
  • wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

I think the ‘childless cat ladies’ really stood in for ‘pussies’. Part of his macho image. I think Vance is detestable

• illinoislady

TRUE.

• illinoislady

Only felons with fractured ears need to keep the money.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited July 24

How long before Trump calls Kamala a nasty woman.

• illinoislady

Prove that pay-back statement.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574
    edited July 24

trish, haha! It cracks me up you googled if Vance wore eyeliner! Did Trump think he was going to win over the young voter or women when he tapped JDV for VP? Yes, Jackie, Vance’s potential sizzle seems to have “fizzled”. I like that this was a mis-step for Trump. I hope the two men do not get along.

President Biden’s stepping down has really yanked the Republicans’ chain, and I like that. The disgusting Mike Johnson is a pos trying to throw anything at Harris to try and make it stick.

I can really see Mark Kelly bringing in the votes if he is the VP pick. How could Trump verbally attack him and not look bad. Kelly is the true meaning of what an American patriot should be.

I would love to have seen and heard how some of the Republicans reacted upon hearing Biden’s news. What was the look on Trump’s face? Or Mitch McConnell? What did they say? Who did they call? And how long did Biden know he was going to play his cards this way? It was very strategic, waiting till after the RNC, and he had to have informed his cabinet and been making plans to announce for awhile. Yet he was still professing to stay in. I think he was behind the scenes lining all the ducks up in a row. He played it like a game of poker.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited July 24
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

And sharp as all get out.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

OMG.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited July 24

Translation for non-Spanish speaking — dumbass

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,171

¡ Perfecto, y es la verdad! En el Bronx, hablamos español 😊. (Perfect, and the truth. In the Bronx we speak Spanish.)

Wow! Loving all of these memes and the recent turn of events has buoyed my heart. If anyone is curious about the nice Jewish girl from the Bronx speaking Spanish ( having been raised in a Yiddish speaking household), think Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic.

It’s interesting to hear some people say they feel sorry for Biden or think that he suddenly arrived at the decision to withdraw. IMO, after the debate, the wheels were in motion. Most importantly, I think there was likely a huge amount of private polling, research , and anything else that could have been done to see whether changing candidates, and which candidate, was best or keep Biden. He didn’t just wake up last Sunday morning and decide to withdraw. It was all well calculated.

As for Vance, though I will always value the book, his true character is appalling. It is amusing to see the scrambling for a different approach as Vance is no longer Harris’ opponent as I think going against Harris figured into the selection of Vance. It’s also almost amusing to see the blatant hypocrisy. Vance’s wife, a Yale educated attorney, just quit her prestigious job. So, she’s a highly educated professional woman of color who has magically morphed into a Republican housewife in the image of Project 2025 🤦🏻‍♀️.

As for the formidable Ms. Harris, I watched her rise through California politics and voted for her whenever she ran!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574

Omg, Jackie! More fabulous memes! Mika with the cat cracks me up!

I agree that Biden’s timing was perfect. Haha. Totally love it. And while we don’t know who the VP pick is, I do hope its Kelly or Shapiro who will wipe the floor with Vance. Joe Manchin would never, ever be in the running. What a traitor to the Democratic party!

Love the pearls and sneakers. Let’s break that glass ceiling!
    Kama-Kama-Kamala! Karma!

And the best meme, “Past, Present and Future” with Obama, Biden and Harris,! Oh, I so hope we can celebrate that truth!

• illinoislady
    edited July 24

Former President Donald Trump's change in tone came as the political ground has shifted beneath him in a matter of days.© Evan Vucci/AP

So much for the new Donald Trump.

The former president is back, after a brief pause, to the insults and personal attacks that characterized his last two presidential campaigns — less than two weeks after the attempted assassination that allies and aides insisted had left him a changed man.

Facing a new top-of-the-ticket opponent in Vice President Kamala Harris, Trump returned this week to the rhetoric for which he’s known.

He called Harris “dumb as a Rock,” “crazy,” “nuts” and “Laughing Kamala,” in reference to the jovial memes of the vice president that have dominated social media in recent days. He even repurposed an old insult of President Joe Biden, labeling his new opponent “Lyin’ Kamala.”

It’s the latest example of what’s become a familiar cycle for Trump that has played out on a metronomic loop throughout his time on the national stage. Some thought the presidency would change him (it didn’t) or that he would evolve after Jan. 6 (he didn’t).

Through it all, his pugnaciousness has persisted — something that spokesperson Steven Cheung shrugged off in a statement.

“President Trump is a truth-teller, and there is nothing more unifying than telling the truth about a weak, failed, incompetent, and dangerously liberal Kamala Harris and her destructive policies,” Cheung said in response to questions about his latest attacks on the campaign trail.

Still, it’s striking since it wasn’t long ago that his allies were saying that he really had changed. After the July 13 shooting, which killed a man attending the rally, wounded two others and left the former president with a bandaged ear, GOP allies in roughly a dozen interviews with POLITICO used words like “emotional” and “serene” — even “spiritual” — to describe Trump in the days since the attempt on his life.

There were early indications that he may not have been so changed after all. His speech at the Republican National Convention started with a call for unity, but then veered into the kind of bitter, meandering soliloquy that is a staple of his rallies.

This week brought a reversion to the mean — and the mean, with not just the ad hominem attacks on Harris but on Biden as well.

“Does Lyin’ Kamala Harris think Joe Biden is fit to run the U.S.A. for the next six months? She must answer the question,” he said in a social media post. “Now it appears Joe is delegating his Presidential Authority to unelected Washington Bureaucrats! He doesn’t even trust his Vice President. WHO IS RUNNING THE COUNTR

His new, new tone came as the political ground has shifted beneath him in a matter of days. Harris raised $100 million in 24 hours — the largest such haul of any candidate in history — from donors seemingly energized over Biden’s decision to drop out of the race.

His own campaign acknowledged a “Harris Honeymoon” in a memo from the campaign’s chief pollster Tony Fabrizio.

“Given what has happened over the past couple of days and her impending VP choice, there is no question that Harris will get her bump earlier than the Democrat’s Convention,” Fabrizio wrote. “And that bump is likely to start showing itself over the next few days and will last a while until the race settles back down.”

There is also the matter of his new running mate, JD Vance. The Ohio senator went through his own transformation from a vocal critic — he once compared Trump to Hitler — to a MAGA attack dog. But the rollout has been less than stellar, with some initial polling calling him the “least liked VP nominee (non-incumbent) since 198

Harris, unlike Biden, has in the early hours of her campaign waged a steady and disciplined case against Trump that he has not seen this year: She has positioned herself as a prosecutor, noting he is a “convicted felon.”

What seemed to bother Trump the most, though, was that Biden, by stepping down from the campaign and elevating Harris, had wrested away from him a most-prized moniker, a title that he had never quite been able to achieve before: hero.

“I can’t believe it!,” he posted to Truth Social. “They’re turning Crooked Joe Biden, the Worst President in the History of the United States, into a “Hero” - He was pushed out of power like a dog, and look what the Radical Left is able to do. MAGA2024!”