Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265

Busy posting and didn't catch all your good memes Divine. Fantastic. I might add that I've heard it said there is huge excitement building for the Democratic convention. Part of that is who will show up. It is said we need not have to expect those of the Kid Rock/Hulk Hogan ilk. Well, I for one am quite excited. I likely won't actually (just how things work around here) watch a lot of it, but I will deeply enjoy the recaps and feel a sense of pride and satisfaction.

This too I think is one of the reasons we will honeymoon a bit more than is expected. We are to a degree re-visiting 2008 with some enormous differences — like Roe v Wade for openers along with IVF and the RT trying to sell 2025. I think we are on a roll here and we may just keep rolling.

• illinoislady

Didn't resize for easier reading, but I usually like to keep to smaller when possible.

• illinoislady
    edited July 26

He is coming to my state unfortunately to fleece the simpletons out of their money.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Stark differences that never ERASE.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited July 26

We're going to see a lot of misdirection over the next several months. Don't take your eyes off of Project 2025

You know Trump (deeply involved) keeps trying to disavow it, and Reps seem to hope the media won't say too much. So stay on it.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574
    edited July 26

mavericksmom, I wanted to wish you speedy recovery from the testing on your head. I’m not sure exactly what that’s about, but can understand how you’re left feeling exhausted. I find most medical appts, even the simple ones, seem to take something out of me for the rest of the day.

I’m so proud of you for voting for Obama! I, too, was a registered Republican at the time and voted for him in the general election. I really didn’t have much grasp on politics back then. I voted for the person, not the party, with the limited knowledge I had. I switched to Democrat when Hillary was in the primaries and I wanted to vote for her. It’s great, too, that your Republican husband and bil see the threat of Trump and will vote blue!

IllinoisLady, I am hopeful we keep momentum for the next 100 days. I love your comments that “Pres. Biden is such an astute judge of politics and political moves after all his experience through the years.” This is what continues to make me smile. Your meme says it all: Trump sacrificed American lives after losing reelection. Biden sacrificed his reelection to save American lives.”

• divinemrsm

On the topic of childless cat ladies: one of my sisters, I’ll call her “R”, is married, has no kids (no cats, either) and she and her spouse are staunch Republicans. R will probably never reveal to me what she thinks of Vance making the claim that childless people have no stake in America’s future. R and her husband have worked for FEMA since right after 9/11. They’ve worked all the biggest disasters and more in the U.S., helping in the way that FEMA does. Even tho I disagree with their politics, their actions show me how much they do care about our country, at least on some levels. I do not know how Vance’s words will land with people like R. But why, if you were in R’s position, would you vote for him after knowing what he said?

• divinemrsm
    edited July 26
  • divinemrsm
  • illinoislady

All good but that last meme. Really so true that Loon isn't prepared. He has always said and done anything if he perceives that its what he needs at the moment, whether false or in any way valid. I just read a piece about timing, and I really think this is what will play out. The gist of what I read was this:

VP Harris might have won had she been the one rather than Hillary in 2016, but she would have struggled just as much if not more than Hillary. Whether she would have had a James Comey time who knows, but if she did manage to make it she likely would have limped through fairly battered.

At this point in time with only 100 days in front of her she will keep hopefully so much momentum (it sure looks plentiful right now) that it will be hard to have the time others had with Hillary to get a foothold in trying to beat her down and create the dissention and dislike. So not having Kamala come in too soon has more positives than negatives and to boot she is just the right age. Old enough to tout experience but young enough to have lots of ambitious vitality to use in office.

The other side will try, but I think the intense energy and high level of enthusiasm on our side, plus getting the younger vote nailed down will continue to carry us past the doddering old con who has a cut on his ear. In fact, we may go past so fast we don't even see him.

• illinoislady

This is one of those times when I really do think with my utmost and total sincerity — oh my god, how bad it must suck to be Trump right now.

• illinoislady
    edited July 26

Arrogance Or Fear: Trump Appears To Tell People Not To Vote In Fox News Call-In Because He Doesn’t “Need The Votes”

Is that so?

by Andrea Thompson41 mins ago41 mins ago

We’re really not sure if this is arrogance, desperation, deep-seated fear, or a heady combination of all of the above — but Donald J. Trump now appears to be “instructing” his supporters not to even worry about voting for him, because he doesn’t “need” the votes, he already has “so many votes.”

For the record, no one has voted yet, election day is still 103 days away. But I digress…

The bizarre proclamation came during Trump’s recent call-in interview on the Fox & Friends show.

Trump began to talk about how they have “lawyers at every poll booth” before he appeared to switch his train of thought gears and began to rant, “In fact, my instruction — we don’t need the votes. I have so many votes,” appearing to actually tell people that he’s doing sooo well, they need not even bother with voting for him at all.

As he attempted to back up his own ridiculous claims, he began to brag over the phone, “I’m in Florida now and I drove to another location yesterday, and every house has a Trump/Vance sign on it. Every single house. There’s not a house that we passed that doesn’t. We are… We have the votes.”

The Trump tirade was so bizarre that even some of the Fox hosts began to shift around and offer up anxious giggles in response. But nevertheless, Donald kept going.

“Everybody, everybody has — It’s amazing, the spirit. And I’ll say this. We had two elections, the first election we did great, the second election we did much better than the first election. But this election has more spirit than I’ve ever seen ever before. And that’s because they’ve seen how bad these people are at government. They’re destroying our country.”

At this point, the Fox hosts begin to try to cut the ex-president off as he still continues to rant and rave over him until  one of the hosts eventually remarks about going “90 seconds over.”

You can watch the bizarre clip here:

I could not get the clip link to go in, but none-the-less, I put this here. I've heard a number of times how rattled Trump is and this would make me feel what I've heard and read is pretty valid. In fact, when I glanced at the headline on this, I thought it was from sometime earlier and not right now.

For me, that last paragraph sort of spelled it out. It felt like to me that Trump took the "spirit and enthusiasm" we are seeing with VP Harris and appropriated it for himself. That is what Trump knows best. He takes what doesn't belong to him and uses it and if somewhere along the way like Mike Lindell, or Rudy Guiliani if he can't use it he looks the other way as he latches onto to something that is more pliable.

Well since I do think it sucks so badly to be Trump right now, I'm not much surprised by the bravado of saying that he doesn't need people's votes. He seems to have conveniently forgotten he only had one actual election and that one was done by massive cheating and lying and kissing up royally to Putin. The second election was definitely not better unless you opine that he lost way better. He must be terrified. This was his get out of jail and he even got the SC to give their stamp of approval. Must be spending a lot of that campaign money on extra Depends. Ah yes, it likely does suck big time to be Donald Trump right now.

• illinoislady

Wasn't a total loss, some lawyers got some money.

• illinoislady

Okay. go for it then.

• illinoislady

I think this too was timed well. Let the momentum really start to un-wind and just a little bit of suspense.

• illinoislady

Very true but looks who is talking.

• illinoislady

Democrats hard at work — on the border. Oh what we could have done there too if the Reps had actually cared.

• illinoislady

One tries to buy votes with YOUR money, and one works for them the old-fashioned fine way, campaigning honestly.

• divinemrsm
  • illinoislady
    edited July 26

Nothing says terrified faster.

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm