Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Couldn't agree more and he should have been "judged" long before he got this far but for the spineless Reps.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

And the cult leader speaks.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited July 25

We still see them saying the lies are true. But repeating them endlessly will never make them true - ever. Consuming a constant diet of lies on your 'news' channels won't make them true either - never. So you're just willfully ignorant.

The majority never ever wanted Donald and we definitely don't now. Stop pushing your BS on America.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Ouch Charlie Kirk. Looks like you got your business handed right back to you.

• illinoislady

Wow !! What an Un fabulous fake.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,171
    edited July 25

Not defending Vance, but defending the truth. Vance’s grandparents, who essentially raised him, were from Appalachia though he was raised in Middletown. He spent a lot of time visiting family who still lived there. He never claimed to have grown up in Appalachia. He attended college with aid from a Marine Corps program and had a scholarship to law school. No, he is not poor now nor did he grow up in poverty but he did have a lot of family challenges and he does have a first hand understanding of the culture he describes. I abhor his current political leanings but let’s not change the past to suit the current situation. Let’s not become like the Reps.

From Snopes:

What's True

Vance did not grow up in Appalachia, but in suburban Ohio, in a house in a neighborhood considered "middle class" at the time he was growing up. He took golf lessons and also went to Yale for law school.

What's False

His father left when he was still a toddler, his mother struggled with substance abuse and he was raised by his grandparents. And while he grew up in Middletown, Ohio, his grandparents had moved there from Appalachia, like many other families in Middletown, and he spent summers in Jackson, Kentucky, located in the Appalachian Mountains. He attended Ohio State University on the U.S. Marine Corps tuition assistance program, and then Yale's law school on a near-full scholarship.

• illinoislady

Not wishing to find fault or complain, but I don't rely totally on Snopes anymore as they know so soon about questions that are not resolved. That said, I think they do really well. After all we have gone through, I likely don't totally trust much of anyone who hasn't BEEN there from the beginning.

As well, Vance seems to have learned a good great deal from his summers. Do we know how many that was. I'm glad that he did well and even glad that was a Marine and was able to use that for a good education and that was fine enough to enable him to write a book.

Not sure who is changing the past. In that sense as well I don't think Snopes is the final arbiter. Much of the past is how you see it. I know so many who had rugged pasts. So rugged they never reached the spot where they could write a book, become famous and then go on to tie themselves to a political figure. Yet most of those I know, including myself are living if not a wonderful, exciting life, a satisfying one that fulfills them because it is all a choice.

Again, I am not trying to find fault or complain, only offering an opinion and wondering what entry I've missed. I feel like I have missed something.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574
    edited July 25

My iPad is giving me some error code when I try to access the forum threads. I'm using my laptop now. Hope the iPad thing self corrects; if not I'll ask tech support for help.

Biden gave a wonderful, well worded speech. My hope is that Kamala is elected President and Biden is lauded throughout history as a hero to democracy. Wasn't that mentioned here? That Joe Biden is a hero, a word never used to describe Trump. I am still basking in the unexpected turn of events. All the hysteria over Trump being shot is getting hardly any air time. I'm actually enjoying how that worked out. Haha. I have Lady Gaga's song "Poker Face" running through my head. That's what Biden had. A poker face. Prior to his announcement on X, he wasn't giving up the goods. Any Dem politician who was in the know had a poker face, too. Brilliant. I also found it interesting that Biden used X to make his annoucement rather than go live on TV. I think X was the way to do it, then follow up with the speech he gave yesterday.

It continues to boggle the mind that Magas cannot see how Trump is about Trump. I like the meme that says we are voting for Harris because she believes women should have as many rights as men. And rights for all.

The meme about if you're a man and don't vote for Trump you're not a man continues with the toxic male narrative. These men want to rule and have power. It's quite bizarre.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

He did take a big demotion, and I hope he keeps it as near the next three months as it is today.

• illinoislady