Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

I’m going to take a few minutes to read the Vance forward to “Dawns Early Light” but am already cringing at what I’ll read.

And even tho the book’s been delayed till after the election, advanced copies were sent out, and one website “Media Matters” has posted some excerpts. Here’s the link. It’s chilling to read.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

I just hope FG stays in the race because he’ll be easier to defeat

• divinemrsm

wren, I agree!

• illinoislady

I did a quick read of the forward but will go back. It was a bit horrid but then I had steeled myself for it, but it is late, and I know I need to do a refresh when I'm fresher in the morning.

VP. Harris's rally was dynamite tonight in Az. I was busy in the kitchen but many times I heard loud and long cheering and clapping. The energy coming from the tv seemed electric. I'm told there were 15,000 people there. We are not alone. There are so MANY people hungry for someone (and I so appreciate Pres. Biden) for some of the slightly younger and slightly more energetic people who will be able to exhibit seeable and feelable control. Pres. Biden was a true wonder for us, but I do feel we are better with people who look younger, walk younger, talk younger and have enough ambition for three people because they so want to make lives REALLY better.

I haven't heard anything about FG's remarks in Montana. There was a You Tube of his remarks but when I started listening some opening lady was making remarks and she was lying her head loose and in disgust I turned it off. Had I make it till he came on I likely would have heard many of the same lies from him and I would have turned him off too.

The morals of the spokespeople (truly not really a surprise) ss every bit as bad as the person they are speaking for. I presume for what they listen to, they get the 'doctored' version only, but if they ever really decide to 'discover' facts, are they in for rude awakenings.

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm

Yesterday, violent rioter David Dempsey was given the longest sentence so far in the Jan 6th attack on the Capitol: 20 years in prison. He has a history of violence and went to DC prepared to battle wearing a bullet-proof tactical vest, black helmet and gaiter to obscure most of his face. Among his many heinous crimes that day, he repeatedly and violently attacked police officers.

I was glad to read the following words about the Judge who was appointed by Reagan. It tells me at least some Republicans in power are still sane:

“The sentence was imposed by Senior U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth, a Ronald Reagan appointee who has spoken out about the “preposterous” rhetoric some Republicans have used as they attempt to “rewrite history” about the Jan. 6 attack. Lamberth has warned that “such meritless justifications of criminal activity” from politicians “could presage further danger to our country.”

Lamberth called Dempsey’s behavior “exceptionally egregious” and said Dempsey was “dressed for battle” when he joined the mob trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power after President Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory.

“You failed, fortunately, for our country,” Lamberth said.

He added that Jan. 6 could have been even worse — “a bloodbath” — had rioters succeeded in their goal of getting to members of Congress who were certifying the presidential election results.”

• illinoislady

When I was a girl, my temper often got out of bounds.  But one day when I became angry at a friend over some trivial matter, my mother said to me, "Elizabeth, anyone who angers you conquers you."       -Sister Elizabeth Kenny

• illinoislady

That was chilling to read Divine, but like you I am always happy to hear Reps. who are a lot saner than the ones who are still having to kiss up to FG. It is in fact, such a bone-chilling idea that so many seem happy with embracing the idea of total violence to solve issues. It is not something I thought much about until FG was un-leashed. You know, in some ways it seems to me he was able to stay somewhat under the radar until he actually got into office.

I would imagine that the only ones who were perhaps highly aware of his more 'vicious' tendencies were some of the businesspeople around him at the time he was still considered a real estate mogul of a sort. That said, in hindsight it sounds like he was almost a total disaster at everything he did, but the fact that he 'stole' family inheritance and then 'mortgaged' to the hilt as well as suing everyone in sight gave him a strange 'air' of authority that people didn't really know what to do with. And so here we are.

Sad that he was just who people like Putin and the many of the Reps. were looking for even though it does seem now that it will turn out to have possibly been one of the worst choices they ever made. I do worry how to put that awful genie back in the bottle. At least in the sense of the fact that any innocence we may have had has been utterly destroyed. I'm not sure I'll feel much confidence the rest of my life. Still, I do know that things can be and will be soooo much better, cleaner, upfront and repaired if we take this election over the top. Too soon to say just yet, but I have to say so far all signs are boding for a pretty decent outcome.

• illinoislady

What planet is she from because I disagree, strongly. Also, you need to take your tattoo money and invest in a good professional for yourself if you know what I mean.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Of course, you're not weird. Who'd say such a thing ?

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited August 10

'The Wizard of Oz looked frightening and powerful until Dorothy’s little dog, Toto, pulled back a curtain to reveal the silly old con man who was engineering the sham. It could be that the same thing is finally happening to the Wizard of Mar-a-Lago. ...

Former President Donald Trump has always been a charlatan, but he was wily enough to transform himself into the avatar for millions of disgruntled Americans who projected their anger, fears and resentments onto him. He has kept the illusion going for a remarkably long time, given that his clownish nature was always pretty obvious to those who did not fall for his act.'

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

That debate in Sept. is really going to be good.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

From CADOF:

How does a 78-year-old man grow a new ear but the same man at 22 could not heal Bone Spurs

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

I bet someone's friend ketchup so desperately needed, is near at hand.

• illinoislady