Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

But he chooses the best people.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Not downsizing for content.

Sure makes me wish Vance was in front to me right now so I could tell the four-yr. wonder what I think of people who dis a Command Sgt. Major.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Call to Activism:

I am so glad to see how things are developing. It’s like America is finally waking up and choosing to no longer suffer in an abusive relationship.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Disgusting and terribly creepy. Really..

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
    edited August 8

Random thoughts:

I swear FG is terribly disappointed that Harris didn’t tap Shapiro for VP. FG seemed like he was just waiting to pounce on that choice as if he had a game plan ready to wreak havoc and cause more division over it. He is addicted to creating chaos, thrives on it, it’s his crack. With Walz as the VP pick, he’s not sure what plan of attack to use.

I’m happy to hear many teachers are donating to Harris, and I’m hoping the two teachers unions publicly endorse her. I hope many more unions do, too.

I’m getting a big kick out of the meme of Walz St, Kamala wearing a “happy days are here again” button and Trump holding an “anything help$” sign. Yes, let’s get rid of the “D”pression!!

I saw a camo ball cap online today that said “Make America Normal Again” and I am all for it!!!

• divinemrsm
    edited August 8

Trishyla, your post about both your daughters is very moving. I’m heartened by your older daughter’s comment about Walz. Your younger daughter was very perceptive as a teenager to pick up on the political vibes of her grandfather. What a sad situation, and tragic that her grandfather was so brainwashed he chose his offensive political views over his own grandchildren. How does that make America great again? It’s as if some latent worm laid in the brains of all these Magas for decades and then something caused the dormancy to awaken and the worm began eating the critical thinking portion of their brains.

It sounds like you have some thoughtful and insightful conversations with your girls. They are lucky to have you as a mom!

• trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 92

Thanks, Camille. Besides the two daughters, both teachers, I also have a son, who owns his own company. I am very proud of them. Not necessarily for what they've accomplished, but for who they are. As we say in our family, not a clinker in the bunch. I'm really lucky to have such great kids (and grandkid - kinda dig him, too).

I haven't talked to my son, but both daughters are enthusiastic about Harris and really like her choice of Walz. I think between that, and the Dobbs decision, this election won't be close at all. I'm pretty confident of a Blue Wave, or even a Blue Tsunami, come November. Roe, Roe, Roe our votes.

• illinoislady
    edited August 9

Oh finally. You said it Trishyla. I have been thinking for a bit now that we could end up in a real wipe-out and that is definitely what I hope for. For one thing I too am nervous about all the dirty tricks and underhanded cheats from the other side. I do fear that greatly. At the same time that is one reason my hopes were that we REALLY win big.

I do think Pres. Biden and the team he chose (including VP Harris) are likely and have for some time put many things in place behind the scenes and it may not be as treacherous as the other side likes to make it sound — oh they do thrive on raising your fear level as high as possible but I really hesitated to say much so I wouldn't be a jinx.

Given to understand the orange one, you know FG had a Press Conference tonight at Mara Lago. Sounds like he is all but wetting himself watching the enthusiasm, money, campaign help and wondering why VP. Harris is going so good. I think Camille was right — nothing that has happened of late was really expected or at least expected when it actually happened. I know it was thought Pres. Biden would 'give up' at the convention where everything would end up in total disarray and chaos — ah, well no. Then as Camille said REALLY, VP. Harris was to pick Shapiro for FG so he could get things stirred up with the Jewish people. What's a guy to do when all this goes wrong, and he is beside himself — well he has a press conference. He thinks he can fix everything twice as well as anyone else.

I will have to find it somewhere (what he talked about) but I'm given to understand that he was fact-checked almost immediately after the conference by our side and that is out already. It was felt with what little I read that if anything he just did more FAVORS for VP. Harris. That is likely. He has done this may times and it never makes things better for him, but you know when you're the greatest and have more people at your rallies than what showed up for MLK and his " I Have A Dream" speech — then YOU have to go out there and tell them whose boss. I wish I could have listened first hand. I'd probably still be saying OMG.

How anyone listens one minute to this loon is beyond my limited capacity for sure.

ETA: I think there was 250,000 at the MLK speech by the way.

What a brag. I'm sure FG has no idea how many people were at that speech.

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm

I liked this meme as well as some of the comments about it.

• divinemrsm

Touché!