Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Also afraid that Harris/Walz will shows him up on crowd size.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Seems to have a slight orange hue.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,921
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

For the cat people, of which I am one.

• divinemrsm

I don’t think enough peiple realize this.

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
    edited August 14

Dh and I watched the Paris Olympics coverage every night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The dedication to athleticism is something that I’m greatly impressed with. It thrills me to watch the best of the best compete on a world stage. Incredible. It always reminds me of the famous line by ABC Wide World of Sports host, Jim McKay: “The thrill of victory; the agony of defeat!” My dad was a dysfunctional parent and could be aloof, but one of my better memories of him was how he always watched the Olympics on TV like he was in the stands cheering the athletes on; very excited and animated. My appreciation of the Olympics comes from his example.

from various news sources:

This year's Olympic Games were a tour de force for American women, bringing home 26 gold medals and racking up 17 more medals than the men.

When Paris last hosted the games in 1924 just over 4 percent of the 3,000 total competitors were women. A century later, the International Olympic Committee dubbed the 2024 games the gender equal Olympics, saying they'd have a 50-50, allocation of male and female athletes competing.

»» As the biggest team at the Paris Olympics, the United States had the most competitors in women’s events with 338, or 53% of its 638-strong delegation, according to the IOC’s games database this week.

Gender equality was evident from the onset of the Paris Olympics, with 96% of the National Olympic Committee delegations selecting 2 athletes – one male and one female – to carry their respective countries’ flag during the Opening Ceremony on the River Seine. This initiative was first introduced at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 to ensure that women athletes get an equal share of the spotlight during the opening ceremony in front of a global audience.

Media coverage: The Olympic Games are one of the most powerful platforms for empowering women, and significant efforts were made around the scheduling of the sports events during the Games to ensure that women’s and men’s sports events were distributed fairly over the 16 days. In addition, the order of events for many of the combat and strength sports is now based on weight category, allowing the men’s and women’s events to alternate. Previously, the women’s competitions would be scheduled in the morning and the men’s in the evening, when there are typically more viewers.

In Paris, for the first time since its inclusion on the Olympic program in 1984, the women's marathon took place a day after the men's event and concluded the athletics program, showcasing the performances of women athletes ahead of the Closing Ceremony.

• illinoislady

Nature hasn’t blended your mind so completely with your body, as to deny you the power of limiting yourself and bringing under control everything that you are. Always bear that in mind and, with it, remember how little is needed to live a happy life. Just because you’ve given up on becoming a great logician or a student of physics, don’t despair of being free, modest, unselfish, and obedient to the will of God. It’s quite possible to become a great sage and yet never be recognized.    -Marcus Aurelius

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505

One of my favorite quotes just popped up on Facebook.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170

divine,

I love that Lincoln Project video!

• divinemrsm

Caryn, I totally love it, too!