Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505

Yes, 'weird' is definitely an insult in the upper-Midwest. Also, if someone says they are 'fine' or something is 'fine', they probably aren't.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

This is my neighbor to a T.

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
    edited August 15
  • divinemrsm
    edited August 15

Yes, the word “weird” in my neck of the woods is not quite as derogatory as it apparently is elsewhere, but I have no problem with it! I tend to use weird in a detached way to describe someone who I think is odd but mostly harmless. The word “creepy” is more my hard core go-to because I really feel it when I think someone fits the bill. As in, that person creeps me out. When I was a young woman, I would have that feeling about certain people when no one else around me did. Like my sister’s live in boyfriend. Something about him felt off to me but the rest of the family tried to make me think I was the one with the problem. Turns out he was a p.o.s. and quite creepy. More and more over the years I’ve learned to trust my intuition and find it serves me well.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258

I truly believe we can either see the connections, celebrate them, and express gratitude for our blessings, or we can see life as a string of coincidences that have no meaning or connection. As for me, I’m going to believe in miracles, celebrate life, rejoice in the views of eternity and hope my choices will create a positive ripple effect in the lives of others. This is my choice.

Mike Ericksen

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170

Weird is actually worn proudly by many in my area! There was a popular bumper sticker/slogan that said, Keep Santa Cruz weird (Santa Cruz is a popular beach town). Weird means strange, different, or unique. Of course those differences can be good or bad or just unbelievably strange! Language is endlessly fascinating as vile and mean would never connote weird in Northern CA.

• illinoislady

Loved all those memes. As to weird, it seems to me (don't think it's a figment) that weird was used a long time ago here but wasn't really a word that you'd say caught on. I think people just say 'nuts'. If I remember I'll ask Carole (she posted here at one time) as she goes to MN every summer to get away from the heat and humidity where she lives.

As to O'Brien, I think it serves him right to feel great pressure now for his early verbal BLUNDER. Jumped on the bus a little quickly and comeuppance is in order. Many in the Reps. party have done it but now finding little to be said and far from the hoped glory that seemed as though it was coming. I do understand that many feel there was little choice (there's always a choice in my book) as they needed voters. I still feel it must be so difficult to be a Reps. right now. I will be anxiously awaiting more endorsements as well. The tide seems so right for Democrats and all because we had a wonderful, sturdy thoughtful, caring individual as our President who is the most gracious person I know. Giving up the highest office we have for the sole good of us all. That is magnificience.

• illinoislady

As we gain a few points in Florida.

• illinoislady

Interestingly enough, our Walmart store started out only having one register open for those who did not wish to use self- check-out and now we often have at least four. I will hold off for as long as possible. I don't get paid for checking-out myself — only did it once, when it first was available, and some lady just literally grabbed me over to 'teach' me how to use self-check. Hated it then, not interested since and I'm waiting for the day I see five registers open.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Orange wouldn't know reality if he lived right in the middle of it would he???

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Oh so full of hope I am.

• illinoislady

Oh, so full of hope I am.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Really Bobert, Really.

• illinoislady

Really Bobert, Really.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

I went past this once and wasn't going to put it in, but you know — this does make it so real. What FG. Vance and the Reps. are all willing to do to women. Curse them all.

• illinoislady