Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505

Love the Lincoln Project video, which should be run over and over again.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
  • illinoislady
    edited August 14

Usually does.

• illinoislady

Ah !!! A two for one. What a fantastic reason to vote in immense numbers.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Someone took up way too much oxygen.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Awesome.

• illinoislady

New York, New York.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Silly, but fun anyway.

• illinoislady

Not going to let that happen.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Another oops for your side.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited August 15

Not exactly the way I might have said it, but I understand perfectly. Using your inability to have children as some sort of fault is beyond the pale. What an excuse to take something away from you — as though this lady hadn't enough taken away from her.

Even though I do not believe in any way it actually happens, but it makes me want to use one of "Maude's" phrases. God will "getcha" for that.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
    edited August 14

I’m just blown away by all the amazing points these memes make in so many different ways! I especially love “Yes We Kam”, a throwback to Obama’s campaign. (Happy times!) And if I’m being honest, I go by Cam on social media (never in real life), so that’s another reason I like the meme, I remember when I heard the name, Kamala, for the first time. I thought it had a similarity to mine and immediately loved it and I remember mentioning it to my sister.

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
    edited August 14

While “weird” doesn’t resonate with me (tho I have no problem with it), I can totally get behind “creepy”.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,164
  • divinemrsm
    edited August 15

miriandra, oh I was wondering when we were gonna hear from Sean OBrien after the RNC. Imo, I believe when he spoke there, he thought TFG had the election all sewn up. I think OBrien was jockeying for a position on TFG’s administration and he was there to prove his loyalty to the cult. Now he eating crow and his credibility is tanked.

The VP of the Teamsters Union, John Palmer, is fed up with OBrien and plans to challenge him in the 2026 election for union president. From The Hill:

Palmer laid out several reasons why O’Brien has shown he is not fit for his leadership position, including fear of retaliation among members and failing to support members in contracts.

“This has all culminated in his presence at the anti-union, anti-worker Republican national convention, kissing the ring of a man that scabbed a picket line, failing to pay workers, discriminating against people of color as a landlord, falsely accusing five black men in New York of murder, orchestrating an insurrection against the United States, dodging the draft, and appointing Union busters from the Jones Day law firm to create the most anti-union Labor Board in history,” Palmer wrote.

Palmer argued that its “naïve to believe” that people who attended the RNC will support unions in “any way, shape, form, or manner.”

• divinemrsm
    edited August 15

A couple more things. I read an article in The Hill that said, “The Teamsters told The Hill that it has traditionally endorsed a candidate after both conventions.

So we’ll see what unfolds after the DNC.

However, the Teamsters National Black Caucus endorsed Harris yesterday. TNBC Chair James Curbeam said in a statement that TFG’s “record against Black people, women and workers is indefensible.”

I’ve been keeping a list of all unions endorsing Harris. I plan to write a letter to the editor of the local paper listing them. Our area was built on the backs of union steel workers, at one time 15,000 of them. I will mention that and say even tho steel is no longer being produced here, I still pledge my support for union workers. What a shame Ohio and WV are so friggin red.

In my letter, I’m not going to mention TFG or Republicans at all.

• trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 92

Regarding Tim Walz calling Trump and Vance weird, I spoke to a friend from Minnesota tonight. He told me that, for Minnesotans, calling someone weird is the ultimate put down. It's not your everyday insult. It's reserved for the rudest, vilest, batcrap-craziest people. The ones you want to avoid at all costs. Describes Trump and Vance to a T.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170

Wow! I don’t know anyone from Minnesota, but that is definitely an interesting take on the word weird! I have always called myself weird (on the spectrum), but it was generally taken to mean strange, unusual, or different. Rude, vile, etc? Ah, well, I’ll avoid the descriptor if I’m ever in Minnesota as I am not those things (but still weird!).