Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

31 year old male. Biopsy on right breast Suggested

Options
2»

Comments

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,616
    Options

Hellothere, my "bad" results always came back quickly, the longest wait being 2 days. So I'm hoping that your longer wait means good news. It's possible that since they didn't see anything bad, they forgot about letting you know. I hope that's all it is. Let us know.

Carol

• LivinLife
    LivinLife Member Posts: 301
    Options

Consider calling the office of whichever doc ordered the test. I think I waited longer than usual b/c my OBGYN was on vacation? Then he called me from home on his cell phone b/c it was not good news. It is possible that your doc is out of the office and it is good news so you haven't heard yet or something reasonable like that. If you choose to call I would do it today or first thing tomorrow morning - otherwise things can slip through the cracks over the weekend and then they're swamped Monday's...

• Hellothere901
    Hellothere901 Member Posts: 16
    Options

I called earlier and they said I had no results in yet, maybe because of the current state of the world, things are just slower? I’m still going off the fact that he said that everything “looked good” and not to worry. But I won’t know til I know

• buttonsmachine
    buttonsmachine Member Posts: 339
    Options

Hang in there - I really hope you get good results. Please keep us posted!

• Hellothere901
    Options

Just got off the phone with my doctor, results came back benign. Ended up being some fatty tissue and was said to have no malignancy at all.

It’s been a stressful few weeks but I really wanna thank you all from the bottom of my heart for giving me your input, info and support. I still wanna be on here and check around on everyone still.

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

Well, congratulations, that’s such good news. Time for a celebration.

• sunshine99
    Options

Hellothere, I'm SOOO happy for you and your results. Sorry you had to wait so long to hear.

Cheers,

Carol

• LivinLife
    Options

Soooo glad you received good news!!!! It's a lot to go through to get to that point though certainly the news you want for sure.... Enjoy your weekend!!!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,592
    Options

Yay! Congrats on benign. Life tends to feel a bit different after a scare like that but you made it. And happy birthday 🎉

• blmike
    blmike Member Posts: 195
    Options

WooHoo! Having gone through it myself, I know how stressful the waiting can be. Congratulations and thanks for letting us know.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

So happy for you! Now get out there and have a crazy fun weekend.

• sunshine99
    Options

But wear a mask while you're out having fun! Happy

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,101
    Options

B-9 HOORAY. Fantastic news. Please do celebrate this weekend - at a distance & with a mask.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

Cartwheels in the yard would be safe. 🤸😁😷🤪🤸

• buttonsmachine
    buttonsmachine Member Posts: 339
    Options

Yay!!! I am super happy for you! Now all you need to do is go and live the best life you can!Heart

• mikamika
    mikamika Member Posts: 242
    Options

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the great news!

• Hellothere901
    Options

I’m back, it’s been months after but now I’m having this weird dull pain it feels behind my right breast area, can’t pinpoint if it’s in my back, or breast at times. It can come in waves for a few times every hour to a few hours. I still have this sensation where my nipple is tender almost like a hair bump is on it or something but it’s not. Now the worry has started all over again even after b9 result

• traveltext
    Options

Welcome back. Not sure this is breast cancer, but you could go for a biopsy if your doctor thinks it’s worth checking out.

• LivinLife
    Options

Sorry you're still having these struggles Hellothere! I agree with traveltext on checking in with your doc.... Please let us know when you have an update, ok?

• Hellothere901
    Options

I also have another question, does the lump generally get smaller after the biopsy? My results were benign but when I first got it done it felt as if it had gotten smaller, now, almost 6 months later it feels about the size it was before or even just a little bigger. I had the option to remove it but didn’t since it showed no malignancy. It’s just always a cycle of worry

• traveltext
    Options

Well, I would celebrate the fact that the lump is benign. I’d suggest the lump could well be inflamed after the biopsy and hence it could feel larger. See how it goes over the coming week.

• jack520
    jack520 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Good luck!

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,263
    Options

I'm with traveltext, it may be irritated or inflamed from the biopsy. 6 months is a bit long, but our bodies do what they want.

You are the best judge of how you feel and when things are right or not right. You could schedule another appointment and have the mass removed (you mentioned that was on offer) and maybe that will ease your concerns. Not knowing is always scary and if there is a way to mitigate that, then take it. You're young and this is not how you want to spend your glory years!