Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Diagnosed today w/ Invasive ductal carcinoma, grade 1.

Options
13»

Comments

• cangold
    cangold Member Posts: 35
    Options

update. GM, I'm in my second week of radiation and am feeling no side effects. I feel I need to get involved with a support group in my area, as I 'll be checking out local groups today.Just a precaution for a better mind and body.

• cangold
    Options

Hi, Well this part of my journey is over, 5 weeks of radiation and boy the 5th week it all hit me. I have a huge beet red square on my chest and under my airpit. I've been using creams since day one, several different kinds and I prefer Radiation Relief Cream whereas it's hydrating & my skin is still soft. It'll take at least a month before the reddish fades. I'll start taking my Arimidex this evening to deplete aprox. 70% of the estrogen in my body. Here we go hopefully no side effects. I'm really grateful for all of my medical team I have, and family ,friends and of course the website. Thank you so much.

• barbojoy
    barbojoy Member Posts: 47
    Options

thanks for posting in this forum @Cangold. I was diagnosed 6/15 and have meeting tomorrow AM to talk treatment with oncologist and surgeon. Nervous. But the posts from recently diagnosed help as much as the posts of long term survivors. I hope your radiation pains are short lived & good luck with the start of hormone therapy. I’ll be keeping up with the forum and truly wish you well

• cangold
    Options

Thanks @ barbojoy for replying to my post. I'm no expert, just my experience feel free and ask me questions you may have. You can also pm me.

• cangold
    Options

Hi vioolssa, My treatment is somewhat almost over, will be on the pill at least 5 yrs and it's at grade 2. I was grateful I found it early w/ a mammogram.