Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Zoom Meet-up for Those With MBC: Place to keep chatting

Options

Comments

• Rosebessie
    Rosebessie Member Posts: 61
    edited March 22
    Options

@flowergirl55, Dear Teresa, I'm really sorry to hear that bad news because its not what we'd all have wanted for you. My heart goes out to you and I pray for another alternative for you. So sorry your travel plans are now in jeopardy. I'm sending love, hugs and praying for you 💕🙏❤

• Rosebessie
    Options

Dear Fay, so sorry about yesterday. I got carried away and took up your space while you were giving your update (😖). I thought about it and felt guilty.

Have a lovely week. Sending you love and best wishes ❤

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

Here are a few pictures of our new mountaintop retreat, but these don’t do it justice. We see many mountains from the property because we are on the top. They have snow on them in the winter and, of course, will look like Fruit Loops in the fall. I’ll take more pictures after my husband does his magic and everything is lush and green again. I just looked at elevation. Where I live now is 99 ft. Above sea level. The property we bought is 1609 feet above. Now I know why my ears were popping. Lol.

Illimae, your picture was beautiful.

• mojos
    mojos Member Posts: 30
    Options

Kris,

Congrats on buying the new property! I'm sure it will give you years of pleasure!

MJ

• kbl
    Options

@mojo Thank you, Mary Jane.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

Kris, it sounds great! I'm sure all the seasons will be beautiful. You are also only about 2 hours from Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, which could be a nice day trip (go off-peak). Some friends of ours got married in Robbinsville, NC, so we spent a little time in the area. Really beautiful.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    edited April 2
    Options

As promised, a beautiful lake sunset from last week. You can tell how low our lake is ; we really need some rain. 🌧🌧🌧

• flowergirl55
    flowergirl55 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Such beautiful scenery Kris and Catherine! Much better than my current view of snow falling!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

@kbl, That looks so relaxing. I'm sure the air must be nice there.

Also beautiful sunset picture, @seeq! 🙂

• kbl
    Options

Thank you, everyone. I’ll certainly get to see how the air is way up there. Lol.

@flowergirl55 Inhope you have beautiful weather when you go to Asheville.

@seeq I love your sunset. I got to see lots of those at my old house, but sometimes where I live now, although I don’t get to see the sun go down into the water, there are some beautiful colors. I will get to see the sunrise come up over the mountain. The couple signed the contract, so we are a go. We are supposed to get quite the storms tomorrow with wind gusts up to 50. What the heck? It’s not even hurricane season yet. Ugh.

• Rosebessie
    Options

Beautiful sceneries @seeq and @kbl

And congrats on the signed contract @kbl. I guess its all systems go, now. Wonderful!!

• kbl
    Options

@Rosebessie Thank you so much, Rose. We are very excited.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,577
    Options

Looks like a great place to relax KBL. And you too Seeq.

• kbl
    Options

@illimae I’m looking forward to it, although I live in the country and relax every day in my she shed. Lol. Sorry I missed you today. I only got to stay on for a half hour. We had a partial eclipse here. I hope you got to see a full eclipse.

• illimae
    Options

KBL, the eclipse was very disappointing here, I was outside for the peak and didn’t even see it. We had some clouds that reflected the light, so it never got darker. DH and I sat outside for almost 2 hours before realizing it had been over for some time. I was bitter about it all afternoon, lol

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 120
    Options

@illimae - sorry, that really sucks! 😬 Bet you wish it had been a day you needed to go to Houston. 🤣

Guess we'll all have yo wait for the next total one visible in North America on Aug. 23, 2044 or travel to another part of the world if we want to experience one sooner!!

• kbl
    Options

@illimae That sucks. I’m sorry. I was more excited because I had actually gotten glasses for my grandson, and they really worked. He did so well with them and got to see the partial eclipse. I don’t think I had ever seen one that I remembered. The picture of the partial eclipse is actually one my daughter took from Georgia. I couldn’t figure out how to take it with my camera, but her phone has a better camera.

• temerarious
    temerarious Member Posts: 19
    Options

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check-in because I won't be able to attend the Monday meeting this week (4/15) or next week (4/22) due to work conflicts that I can't change. As I mentioned last week, I start radiation today for the two new bone mets that were found during my last PET scan. I wanted to make sure to let you know that everything is OK, and I'll check-in here again next week so I don't just drop off the radar. I expect to be able to join the call again on Monday, 4/29.

Cheryl

• going2beatthis
    Options

Good luck, Cheryl. Keeping you in my 🙏🙏.

• mojos
    mojos Member Posts: 30
    Options

Cheryl,

I am in awe of your ability to keep on working….and taking lovely vacations. See you later this month.

MJ

• kbl
    Options

Thank you, Cheryl, for the update. I missed you and Fay yesterday.

Kris

• going2beatthis
    Options

Thanks Kris. I missed everyone too. Had a covid19 booster shot and was too tired to stay awake. Hope to be able to attend tomorrow's Zoom. Probably won't on next Monday either due to the holiday. Hope everyone is doing okay. See you soon!

• Rosebessie
    Options

Hi Cheryl, all the best for the radiation therapy. Blessed week ahead 👍🤗

• kbl
    Options

I’ve been so fortunate to meet another phenomenal woman and friend. Catherine @seeq and I met for lunch today. It’s never enough time when you click with someone. I was fortunate she was up in my neck of the woods. Thank you, Catherine.

• going2beatthis
    Options

Very cool! You both look great.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited April 23
    Options

We love this @kbl and @seeq! The beautiful bonds our group has made are unbreakable. Thanks for sharing!!

—Your Mods

• kbl
    Options

@going2beatthis and @moderators Thank you.

• illimae
    Options

Yay, I love this.

• kbl
    Options

@illimae Thank you. 💕

• Rosebessie
    Options

Aaaaawwww ❤ @kbl and @seeq .....you both look great. I love the camaraderie of this group. Enjoy 💕🤗!!