Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Breast biopsy on friday

4kids4dogs
4kids4dogs Member Posts: 22
edited August 2021 in Waiting for Test Results

Hi. Just joined this community.

Had mammograms and ultrasound and was rated: BiRads 4B

Having ultrasound guided core biopsy on friday.

hypoechoic irregular asymmetry mass w/small amount of microcalcifications along border.

possible vascular invasion.

Can anyone comment on that? I'm bracing myself.

Comments

• JoieDeVivre73
    JoieDeVivre73 Member Posts: 7

Hey there - 4 kids and 4 dogs? You are a saint :) (3 kids, 1 dog, 1 cat here...you've got me beat!)

I unfortunately don't have any advice, but I wanted to say you're not alone. I have an ultrasound-guided vacuum-assisted core biopsy tomorrow afternoon. I had a lesion detected on MRI w/wo contrast July 22, then ultrasound confirmed an irregular, oval, hypoechoic mass, with internal vascularity, .6x.7x.5 cm, BI-RADS-4. I am trying not to worry, but man, it's really hard, as I'm sure you know. My heart goes out to you - I hope we both get good news.

Do you mind my asking if you have had a biopsy before? I had a stereotactic core biopsy 4 years ago (benign calcifications). It was terrifying waiting on the results, especially since it was months after my mom was diagnosed with BC, had a double mastectomy and was going through chemo (she's fine now thankfully). It's a rollercoaster ride of emotions every 6 months after a mammo or MRI.

#fuckcancer (are we allowed to swear here? I feel we should be)

• 4kids4dogs

hi joie....

I had a biopsy on my other breast about 8 yrs ago. That was thankfully benign. Never had one on this breast. They found this mass with a mammogram. I'll be praying for good results for you tomorrow. Would u post tomorrow and let me know how it went??

The measurements of mine is 1.5 x .8 x .5 cm.

Good luck!!!!!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,815

Hi to both of you, and 4kids4dogs, welcome to our community. Please keep us posted! And yes, such hashtags are acceptable Winking

• JoieDeVivre73

Will do! I have to admit I feel like a baby...worried about the pain during the biopsy. My last one was incredibly painful (I think from the numbing needles vs. the actual biopsy, if memory serves). I also hated being on my stomach in a very awkward position with my boob being compressed, then raised 5 feet off the ground like I was a Chevy truck in a garage. Apparently, an ultrasound-guided biopsy is not as bad? I guess we'll see. I have started taking one Valium before my breast MRIs...just makes it easier to avoid freaking out that I'm breathing/moving too much. I plan to take one tomorrow before the biopsy. Hopefully, that'll help.

4kids4dogs - was your last biopsy the same type as this one? Was it painful?

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 259

@Joie - my first biopsy was a stereotactic biopsy while laying on my stomach. Second biopsy was an US guided biopsy while laying my back. Third biopsy was stereotactic biopsy while seated in a chair. While I hope to never have another biopsy, I found the US guided biopsy the 'easiest' of the three. I did chuckle at your analogy of a Chevy truck in the garage.

Best wishes to both of youfor a good outcome.

• JoieDeVivre73

Ugh, Harley07, you've been through the ringer. Were all 3 biopsies for the same issue? Or was it the 3rd "thing" that turned out to be positive? I'm already feeling like a pin cushion and I know I've had it relatively easy thus far (but I'm only 47). I can see why prophylactic mastectomies have become more popular. My dh and I are already talking about it...regardless of the results this time.

I hope you're doing well after your surgery and treatment!

• 4kids4dogs

my first one I laid on my stomach with my boob hanging down through a hole and they numbed it and then put a big needle in the side of the boob for the biopsy. That hurt!! And it was embarrassing with your boob hanging down. Lol

They said the one I'm having Friday I just lay on my back with my arm behind my head just like I did when I had sonogram.

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 259

My first biopsy was in 1999 (41 yo) and was stereotactic on the left and was benign. 2nd biopsy in September 2020 was US guided on the right and was benign, but OOPS we didn't take enough tissue to make a diagnosis and pathology was discordant with imaging. So, 3rd biopsy was in October 2020 (63yo) stereotactic on the right but OOPS we suctioned out the marker from the previous biopsy (my understanding is this is very unusual) and then biopsied an area 2cm away from the spiculated mass identified on the mammogram. ADH was found which led to an excision biopsy in November 2020 which identified IDC but the margins were not clear. So that led to a re-excision lumpectomy later in November. Such fun

• 4kids4dogs

thanks for sharing your story!!! Are u considered in remission????

• JoieDeVivre73

Holy hell, Harley07, it's awful what they put you through!

I had my US guided biopsy today. I didn't feel any of the numbing needles except one which really wasn't that bad. Didn't feel the biopsy of course. This one was 10000% less painful than the stereotactic one, thankfully. I took a Valium ahead of time but it really wasn't needed. I wish I had something stronger than Tylenol and Advil 9 hours later...it's pretty sore and I'm worried about sleep. Oh well, from memory it'll be much better tomorrow when I can take off the binding. So glad that's over. Now the wait...hoping for results before the weekend.

4Dogs4Kids I hope yours goes well on Friday!

• 4kids4dogs

Joie,

I'm glad the biopsy is over for you! i will pray for clear results for you!!!!! hope you

feel better today! i'm sure it'll be sore. i'll be glad to get my over with tomorrow!!!

did the radiologist talk to you about it, or give you any info?

please post when you hear the results.

• barbojoy
    barbojoy Member Posts: 47

Best of luck on your biopsy and hopeful for good results.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,815

4dogs4kids, just checking in to see how today went. Please keep us posted -- we're thinking of you!

--The Mods

• Ilikedogs
    Ilikedogs Member Posts: 19

I have been checking your posts too to see if you are doing ok. Xoxo

• lupie246
    lupie246 Member Posts: 1

Checking to see how you're doing. Thinking of you. Gentle (((hugs)))

• 4kids4dogs

hi all!!!!

Had my biopsy today. They took 5 samples. Didn't have much pain at all. I asked the radiologist like 3 different times and in different ways if she could tell me anything. She said she can't tell me anything because pathology has to look at it first. I asked her if she could give me a % of what chance that I have cancer. She didn't want to say, but she finally said probably between 10 and 70%. I will find out for sure by next Tuesday or Wed. I actually feel a lot bettrt that the biopsy is over with!!

Thank you ladies for thinking of me!!!!

Hugs!!!

• JoieDeVivre73

Well, I'm playing the lottery tonight. My results are benign. I'm absolutely [pleasantly] shocked, as all the documentation seemed to point to a positive result. I haven't seen the documentation yet, but the nurse said it was benign and mentioned fibroadenoma. I'm feeling even more blessed as research shows these are common in women 15-35 years of age. Heck, I'm almost 48! Does this mean that my boobs are aging well? LOL I have been told I need a repeat MRI in 6 months - I'm waiting to see the documentation to see why. Maybe that's normal protocol?

Thanks for all the well wishes!

ilikedogs and 4dogs4kids - I'm sending you all my most positive energy and juju! I hope this news gives you some hope. Even when the documentation is scary, it doesn't necessarily mean a positive. Very much hoping you'll have good news to celebrate soon!

• 4kids4dogs

joie,

So happy for you!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! So glad you posted your wonderful news!!!!

• AMG2
    AMG2 Member Posts: 90

Joie I can't tell you how happy your news makes me! That has to be such a relief, yay!

4dogs, I want the same for you now!

• 4kids4dogs

thanks AMG2!

I'll post as soon as I hear anything!

😍

• Ilikedogs

This made me so happy! Congrats JoieDeVivre! What a relief!

4kids - good luck on your results too!

I am going tomorrow 😩😩😩. So scared of it.

• 4kids4dogs

i like dogs, did you have your biopsy yet??? How'd it go??? Thinking about you!!!!!

I should get my results hopefully Tuesday.

• Ilikedogs

Hi! Thank you! Mine is tomorrow. I almost totally freaked out ans cancelled it last night on my chart. But I didn’t. I will go tomorrow.

Good luck on Tuesday and please let us know!

• thefinks2002
    thefinks2002 Member Posts: 8

I want to know if anyone have had 4C suspicions (moderate suspicion)

I have pleomorphic micro calcifications in left breast and 1 in the right. The radiologist was vague when I asked him why he put 4C. I'm just looking if someone had this similar bi raids, pleomorphic microcalcification and after biopsy had goid results

• 4kids4dogs

I like dogs,

hang in there !! Yoare not alone.

I actually feel better and less stressed since I had my biopsy yesterday. I hope u feel the same. I don't know if you are a believer in Jesus, but I am. I know that God is in control and the Bible says do not be anxious about anything, but give it to the Lord and he will carry our burdens. I believe that and am trying to let God handle this.

Let me know how your biopsy goes tomorrow. I'll say a special prayer for you! Hugs!

• 4kids4dogs

hi thefinks,

I have micro calcifications, but not sure about pleomorphic. Have u had a biopsy yet?? I'm waiting for my results. By biRads is 4B.

Best of luck to you!!

• AMG2
    AMG2 Member Posts: 90

ilikedogs, hang in there! I'm glad you did not cancel. We will be here for you, no matter the outcome. It is better to know, and then act accordingly than to not know. (also, ilikedogs, too, and happen to also have 4 of them).

• Ilikedogs

Thank you so much. Getting ready this morning.

I am so nervous about core biopsy. I read horrible stories on line about side effects at and pain persisting for months afterwards.

Anyone had it and can share?

• 4kids4dogs

i had core biopsy. no problems. no pain at all during, she numbed me up very good. only a wee bit sore in the area if i bump it or touch it afterwards.

you'll do fine!

Let us know how you did. Good luck!!

• Ilikedogs

You guys, I am here and they made my husband leave so he could t even stay in the waiting room due to COVId.

This is so depressing. I am such a mess.