Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Breast biopsy on friday

Options
13»

Comments

• thefinks2002
    thefinks2002 Member Posts: 8
    Options

@likedogs-

So pathology for (DCIS) in my left breast. It was at the 1:00 area. My concern if it’s in the lymph nodes. I need chemotherapy. I am really just hoping after my mastectomy ultimately radiation.

• LivinLife
    LivinLife Member Posts: 301
    Options

thefinks.... likedogs is correct - no chemo with solely DCIS. I was unable to have radiation due to other health issues so that left me with mastectomy, esp. given I'm postmenopausal. The BMX was another decision-making process......

• LivinLife
    Options

4kids4dogs - Wondering how you're doing and if you've heard about results yet? Been thinking and wondering about you.... Hoping you're all right....

• Ilikedogs
    Ilikedogs Member Posts: 19
    Options

Same here - 4kids4dogs, I hope you are well. Have been thinking about you.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

The need for chemo is driven by several factors, including size, hormone status, your age, invasiveness, any positive nodes, Oncotype score after surgery, and probably other things I don't know about because I'm one who did not need chemo. In a lot of instances, it could do more harm than good if your particular cancer isn't determined to need it.

• thefinks2002
    thefinks2002 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Thank you for your fed back.

I have my first surgeon consultation tomorrow. I only have to go off is in left breast 1in DISC then I have an additional 1 area of pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia (PASH) . Also another pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia in the right breast.

I’m hoping for a positive treatment. None that went to the nodes. Any help on questions to ask?

• 4kids4dogs
    4kids4dogs Member Posts: 22
    Options

Living life and I like dogs,

Hi. I WAS diagnosed with IDC. Stage 1A. I have a ton of tests coming up and have already seen chemo Dr and breast surgeon. After my diagnosis I needed to stay off this for awhile due to my anxiety and nerves. I'm sorry I didn't post right away!! I am estrogen, progesteron, and her2 positive. So I'll need chemo first, then surgery, then radiation.

How are u guys???????

P.s. thank you both for asking about me!!

• LivinLife
    Options

Wow 4kids4dogs! That's a lot to deal with.... Understandable you needed and wanted to stay off the site to get your bearings. I appreciate your willingness to update though do what you need to do to take care of you. You have a busy now and busy time ahead as you said. Hopefully you're meeting with onc in the near future too. Best with chemo - I'm sure you know there are forums/threads for IDC and chemo, etc...... Take care of you the best you can as you're moving through treatments.....