Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Zoom Meet-Up Bonded by Breast Cancer: Place to Keep Chatting

Options
13»

Comments

• katg
    katg Member Posts: 206
    Options

Oh my. I forget to log in here!!! Catherine, thank you for commenting. Also, for joining in now that the meetings are every week.

I hope you had a good time with the family over the Holidays! I went to visit my sister in western NY. We visited our uncle in New Jersey. Our dads remaining sibling

• katg
    katg Member Posts: 206
    Options

I do not know why my other post did not post, buy i do wish more would log in. Seeing family is tough. I heard you say you may play the cancer card at work and I get it. Sisters. My one with cancer believes she is going to be asked to take Lynparza. She may say no. She looks for why not. Two related people she knows that she said have the SAME cancer in the breast. Really? One had the treatments and the other did not. Both have lived the same length.
    She would rather take no drugs. Suzanne summers got 25 extra years!!My sister is going to eat right. i believe if we look for the right answer we will find the one we want. She has an oncologist at City of Hope like me. Hers she said does not tell her anything. He says they are doing this treatment because it is what they do? My sister did not get the genetic test. If she eats right. I just know the genetic test did not exist a few decades ago.

Catherine, as to the gene pool. I did go into the national registry I believe. They may have a few matches. If my blood numbers are steady, I may be safe for a while. I would hope my numbers get better.

Just for today, I am glad to have hair long enough to put in curlers!!!!

• kathrynw1thasea
    kathrynw1thasea Member Posts: 89
    Options

Lone, it’s the right place! You found us. Hope the move to Denmark goes smoothly for your son.

Catherine

• kathrynw1thasea
    kathrynw1thasea Member Posts: 89
    Options

Hi Y’all!

I’m so glad to have reduced my stress level by getting myself off the project with the jerk! I will be spending Saturday with the Sit and Sew group at my favorite quilt store. I have not gone since October and I’m looking forward to getting back to the things that make me happy. I’m even getting off one of my blood pressure pills as the result of my PCP visit today. What a change it is making for me.

I also went back to wrapping my lymphedema hand and arm with gauze and bandages instead of the compression glove that makes it too hard to type. It’s so much more flexible. It looks like you have a very weird injury and people look at you funny but the swelling and pain are more successfully controlled.

I’m getting better at chair yoga. Tonight my meditation is listening to the purring cat on Calm and petting Liten while she snuggles on my side. Ahhhh…cats!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and see you Monday!