Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

August 2022 Surgery...Anyone else out there?!

Options
124»

Comments

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    edited September 2022
    Options

Just checking in and updating. I hope you all are doing well and for those of you who had surgery I hope you are healing well and feeling decent.

It's been a rough week, but not due to pain The antibiotic I'm taking and the heparin injections make me very nauseous, even with food. I take them until Thursday, my two week mark. I'm also very uncomfortable. I can't sit for very long so I end up back in bed, but I get up and walk around often. My bed reclines top/bottom so I'm not really laying down all the time. I'll have my last three drains removed tomorrow and I'm praying that will help a bit.

Thanks for all being on this ride ride with me. <3

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited September 2022
    Options

serendipity hope you feel better soon, I absolutely hate being nauseous.

• serendipity09
    edited September 2022
    Options

Thanks Meow!

• emmaleah
    emmaleah Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2022
    Options

Serendipity, so sorry to hear how uncomfortable and nauseous you've been. Hope you are now free of all drains, and hope that being done with the antibiotic helps make things better as much as possible.

All the best of continued healing to all of us August surger-ees. How is everyone faring with regard to waiting on results from pathology? That is a notoriously hard part, and affects so much. I'm still awaiting my Oncotype DX score, in any day now.

• serendipity09
    edited September 2022
    Options

Emmaleah - thank you. The last of the drains were removed on Wednesday and it's a huge difference. I finished the antibiotics yesterday and so nor more nauseousness so far today. Now it's just matter of healing. I want to begin walking upright. I catch myself straitening out every once in a while and am trying to train myself to just stay slightly bent. Once I'm given the ok to do so, things will be a little easier. Walking bent over is really putting a strain on my lower back, nothing terrible, but not very comfortable either.

I hope you get your Oncotype soon, it's a long time to have to wait after the biopsy, I think.

• emmaleah
    emmaleah Member Posts: 17
    edited October 2022
    Options

Happy fall, August surgery group! I hope everyone's healing is proceeding apace. I've started radiation this week, and my sentinel lymph node biopsy site is acting up a little, after it had been healing along well in the past 8 weeks. Not too bad, just feels like a small step backwards. Wishing all of you a healthy and invigorating pumpkin spice season!

• serendipity09
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi Emmaleah! Happy Fall! I'm so happy you are doing well!

I hope rads goes quickly for you. The radiation really aggravated my underarm where the lymph nodes were removed. I did PT after I finished and when cleared by my RO and it helped. You might want to consider it. The stretching and massaging really helped.

I hope everything goes good for you!! <3