Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

New Findings

Options
2»

Comments

• dani_p
    dani_p Member Posts: 36
    Options

So sorry to hear this.

You'll be getting more information after the pathologist signs off; for example, what grade the tumor is (different from stage), and ER/PR/HER2 status. These results will help the surgeon/oncologist determine where to start as far as treatment/surgery goes. Your breast surgeon may want more imaging - my surgeon had me do a breast MRI to make sure she knew everything that was going on. For me, the results of the MRI (and further biopsies) ruled out lumpectomy as an option.

Until I had my surgery, I felt like everything was "hurry up and wait...." Once I saw the breast surgeon, I had to wait for the approval for the MRI, and then the biopsies. Then I needed a referral to a plastic surgeon. It will seem like this takes forever. In reality, it was about 6 weeks between my diagnosis and bilateral mastectomy surgery. And now, it's been 6 months since my diagnosis, and I can't believe everything that has happened in that time!

This site is a great resource and helped me tremendously in the early stages of my diagnosis. I hope you get more answers soon. When you think of a question to ask, write it down. And if your husband can go with you to your appointments, that is also a big help. I would forget things to ask, and then after the office visit I would forget things we discussed! it helped having a second pair of ears.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

So sorry you have to join us. I had cancer in my family too. I was DX in 2011 and my sister in 2012. We didn’t have the genetic testing. Probably should have. I think I would call and schedule that testing.

Lung nodules are very common. I had X-rays done five years ago because I wasn’t sure if I had the flu or pneumonia. Anyway I had a lot of lung nodules but the radiologist said it was scar tissue from radiation. Just saying don’t stress about a nodule.

I’m sure you have heard and now realize waiting is brutal. We can all attest to that. We can promise you that once you know whatever the process moves quickly.

Keep the faith and keep us posted.

Diane

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 754
    Options

So sorry to hear your results. Hang in there!

• concernedaboutresults
    Options

Thanks for all of the information to level set what to expect. Emotionally, my feelings are all over the place. Sometimes I feel fearful and anxious with body responses of a huge pit in the center of my stomach and like I might throw up at any moment. Then other times I'm sort of hopefully optimistic that everything will work out. To me that is a wide range of emotional responding and everything in between. I guess I will have to move off this forum "Not Diagnosed But Worried" because I am now diagnosed. But I don't want to lose you all because the information and support has been super helpful.

• tntnsd
    tntnsd Member Posts: 124
    Options

I am so sorry to hear your biopsy came back like that, especially this time of the year.
    However, like many here mentioned, thewaiting right before and after diagnosed for many of us are the worst part of this. There will be lots of appointments and knowledge leaning for next couple weeks. Please take care of your mental health, knowing that whatever it is, you will deal with it one step at a time; and breast cancer treatments have come a long way. Any question, or need some sharing experience, input , come here to ask. This site helped me and others a lot, I hope it will keep you sane too.

Big hugs.

• kotchaj
    kotchaj Member Posts: 210
    Options

Concernedaboutresults,

Oh, you don't get rid of us that easy, lol. We are all on here some where or another. There are some monthly groups that are on here for radiation, chemotherapy, surgery. I joined all of those and they were wonderful to have the support of others going through the same things as you. And to have others, as you've had here, that have gone before you to chime in and help you through.

If you don't see a topic, you can make one!

• concernedaboutresults
    Options

Thanks everyone. I was wondering where to go next. I think I will look for something about surgery as I have an appointment with a breast surgeon on Monday and have only a vague ideas of what the drivers are for surgical decisions.

• won
    won Member Posts: 2
    Options

So sorry to hear your results

• won
    won Member Posts: 2
    Options

So sorry to hear your results