Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage 4 with bone mets to mandible & T4 spine

Options
jdh4
jdh4 Member Posts: 1

Hello, I was diagnosed in December 2022 with what they thought was stage 2. After Pet scan it’s now stage 4. Mets to T4 spine and mandible. I’ve had one round of TCHP chemo and feeling pretty good. My oncologist hasn’t said what his plan for the bone Mets are other than adding Zometa. I’m wondering if the chemo will help the bone involvement or not? I’d love to hear from anyone who is in this situation. Thank you & Go Bkess!

Tagged:

Comments

• stina
    stina Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hello,

I am 8 years post treatment for breast cancer with lymph node involvement. I was just diagnosed with bony lesion in my mandible and have eval with oral surgeon next week and my oncologist is scheduling an MRI.

jdh4 - please keep me updated on your treatment/prognosis and how you are feeling.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,940
    Options

Hi @stina,

We're so sorry to hear of your progression. But we're glad you've come back here for support — we're all here for you!

@jdh4's post here was made quite a bit ago (January 2023), and she hasn't been back to update us, so we're not sure she'll see your post. But we've tagged her here in the hopes she can come back and let us know how she's doing.

In the meantime, we'd invite you to introduce yourself and share your story on the Bone Mets thread, where others can weigh in with their experiences. You're sure to be welcomed with open arms.

In addition, we invite you to join one of our weekly Zoom Virtual Meetups for MBC to get and give support — you're sure to find a wealth of knowledge and support there as well.

We hope this is helpful to you. Please let us know how else we can support you.

—The Mods