Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Scared and Worried

Options

I have just been diagnosed with an Invasive Ductal Carcinoma which resulted in also being a Triple Negative Breast Cancer.
I will be seeing my oncologist for the first time on Monday.
Not sure what to expect, the information out there seems to be a little scary.
Any thoughts with the same problem as me.
Thanks.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,319
    edited May 2023
    Options

puppyjack We're all here for you! There are a lot of really effective treatments available for triple negative breast cancer. Try not to get lost in what you read. Here is our section on triple negative, that may be helpful: https://www.breastcancer.org/types/triple-negative

It's one step at a time, and things will hopefully feel more manageable after you meet with your oncologist and you get a treatment plan in place.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 762
    Options

Hi @puppyjack Sorry that you were made a part of the TNBC club but glad you found this site. There is a ton of useful information here and so many supportive people. here is the link to the TNBC forum pages https://community.breastcancer.org/en/categories/triple-negative-breast-cancer

TNBC has come a very long way over the years . There are many more drugs to combat this disease. Yes you will read it can be aggressive and more rare but it is also known to respond well to chemo. Sounds like you are just beginning and you will feel better once you have your plan in place. Try to take it one day and one step at a time. It's a good idea to start a binder to keep all your questions and notes organized. We are always just a click away here but check out the TNBC forum for endless info.

Sending positive vibes your way. Hugs.

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    Options

Hi puppyjack ! I'm sorry you've found yourself here. My experience was that the first week after being diagnosed was filled willed appointments and very hectic. Cookie54 is right, once you have met with your MO and have a treatment plan in place you will feel better.

I hope your appointment goes well. Feel free to reach out. ~Hugs

• moderators
    Options

@puppyjack Just thinking of you — how are you doing? Please come back and let us know how we can support you.

—The Mods

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 773
    Options

Hi, Puppyjack,

Nobody wants to join our Triple Negative club, but there are many who will be rooting for you. Of course it's scary, but I wanted to let you know that tomorrow marks 7 years since my diagnosis and I just had another clear mammogram despite my tumor bring the most aggressive grade possible (9 out of 9 on what's known as the Nottingham scale).

If you feel comfortable sharing, let us know what the doctor said. There's tons of information available on this site to help you feel more confident tackling your treatment plan.

Lyn

• magnoliagirl
    magnoliagirl Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Puppyjack,

I was also just diagnosed in early May with IDC triple negative Stage 1b/grade 3/ 8 out of 9 aggression on the Nottingham Scale. I will begin Chemotherapy and Keytruda soon for 5 months and then surgery. We are still waiting on the genetics testing to see if it is inherited to be able to make the decision of lumpectomy or mastectomy.

How are you doing? Everything is like a whirlwind it seems along with taking off of work, appointments, and insurance.

I'm here if you need to talk.

Magnoliagirl

• madchooklady
    madchooklady Member Posts: 2
    Options

Another newbie to the triple negative group :( I've started chemo, on third round of the red devil and keytruda.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 762
    Options

@madchooklady Sorry your in the group nobody signed up for but was pulled into. I hope you are faring ok the red devil I know it can be rough. I always say I love Keytruda compared to the other crap I've had over the years. Always here for ya, good vibes and best wishes.

• fakeleg
    fakeleg Member Posts: 1
    Options

This is a scary time and I feel for you. I was diagnosed the beginning of June and started chemo the end of June. It wasn't as bad of a reaction as I thought. I did get allergic to the carboplatin so can't use that anymore. I have the last treatment this week and then it goes on to Adriamycin, cytoxan and more pumbrolizumab. The Dr. said this chemo will make me sicker so I am scared again. I hate it when the world and my home doesn't feel safe. I am trying to learn how to maneuver on this site. This is the first time I have been on here. Thinking of you all! Hang in there!

• moderators
    Options

@fakeleg - Again, welcome to Breastcancer.org. We're glad you decided to join this group, but sorry you had to!

We are wishing you good luck with the new treatment. We know chemotherapy can be tough, but it's a step toward healing. Hope the side effects aren't too severe.

We wanted to mention, in case you didn't know already, that we hold free weekly virtual meet-ups with other BCO members in a place where you can ask and share questions live. We invite you to register to join us:

If there's anything specific you're worried about or have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We're all here to help!

Best wishes,

From the Mods