Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Architectural Distortion

Options
jjjry
jjjry Member Posts: 5
edited June 2023 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hello Group.

I am so worried and would ask for some advice and support.

I have constant call backs on my mammograms and I am fearing that the ongoing callbacks are ominous.

Several years ago on my left breast I had a surgical biopsy, it was calicification. Then four years ago I had a needle biopsy on my right breast, benign cyst. Then two years ago an additional contrast mammogram for asymmetric focal on my left breast they decided it was nothing.

I went for my annual 3D mammogram this year and I got a call back again on my left breast for architectural distortion. I have to wait several weeks for the contrast mammogram and ultrasound.

I am so alarmed. I think I keep getting calls back because my breasts are changing and I feel this is the time I will be diagnosed.

The report says architectural distortion on one view CC. I do have very dense breasts.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 881
    Options

@jjjry , I'm sorry that you have had to put up with the stress of multiple callbacks and biopsies. The wait for follow up procedures is hard. As your experience shows often the problematic area is benign. Architectural distortion is something that should be investigated but is often caused by something that is not serious. While all the worry makes you anxious the additional tests have been a reassurance that all is well.

Try to keep busy so as not to dwell on the upcoming procedure. By doing any additional testing recommended after mammograms you are ruling out potential problems. If any abnormality is ever found it can be treated in its early stage. Let us know the results of your upcoming imaging. I hope they are good!

• jjjry
    jjjry Member Posts: 5
    Options

Thank you so much for your reply.