Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Delaying Xeloda

Options

Happy new year to everyone.

Ufortunately I didn't celebrate yesterday evening as my husband and kid were sick. I'm ok but I still have alittle vold. So the oncologist gibe me antibiotics and want to delay Xeloda for 10 days!

I don't feel that bad enough to take antibiotics and delay capecitabina...

I'm so afraid of skipping 10 days, plus I read antibiotics and breast cancer donget along.

Did anybody on Xeloda had to skip it for so long?

I don't feel like to go against my oncologist will, but at the same time I think she is overeacting...but she is the expert, not me...

What do you think?

Thanks you in advance and best wishes for the new year!

Comments

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 682
    Options

@amel_83 Happy new year to you also, I hope your antibiotics helped and you are feeling better. I had to take a break for 6 weeks from Xeloda to have radiation. I understand how scary and stressful it is when I was off Xeloda I was concerned also. However remember your body is in a more fragile state than you were before chemo. Even though you don't feel that bad your body is working overtime to rid you of your illness.

I sometimes picture my cancer going wild when a wrench is thrown in my plan but I remind myself things in the cancer world typically don't happen that quickly. There was no change on my last CT when I had to take a break from Xeloda. Although we all know "my cancer is not your cancer" but I thought maybe that would help ease your mind.

Sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way.

• amel_83
    amel_83 Member Posts: 132
    Options

@cookie54

Thank you very much for answering, and reassuring me eith your story. You are right, in two weeks probably nothing is goin to change, and I needed to recover!

I'm now much better and ready to start back on xeloda in few days! Some days of pause actually did me good.

Best wishes, and tanks again!

• cookie54
    Options

Glad to hear,you're very welcome!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,033
    Options

amel, I’m glad you’re doing better. It’s interesting to hear that you were told to stop Xeloda ten days in order to take antibiotics.
    Cookie, I was also surprised to read you were off of Xeloda six weeks while you had radiation.

Amel, what kind of schedule are you on for Xeloda? I take it twice a day for seven days, then off for seven days. So a ten day stoppage does not sound worrisome to me.
    Cookie, I hadn’t heard of Xeloda restrictions while having radiation. I had five rounds of radiarion to my thigh and was never told to stop the Xeloda. Were you given any reasoning behind taking a six week break?

• cookie54
    Options

diversmom Yes my MO said it could enhance the SE being it was SBRT ,higher doses at shorter intervals. Being I still do suffer from SE from Xeloda some days better than others.

Hi to all Xeloda ladies, hope X is treating you well!

• amel_83
    amel_83 Member Posts: 132
    Options

@divinemrsm

Thank you for answering, i'm on 14 day on and 7 off. Unfortunately here 7 day on and 7 day off is not been approved yet, all though I read everywere that it is way better and suggested all over USA...

Now i'm back on xeloda and off antibiotics, no more cold or flue. And yes ten days is not that much, but I was freeking out! (I mean 17 days of pause in all, 7 off plus 10 delay).

Hopefully nothing changed...

How you find your 7 on and 7 off cycle? Is it easier? Is just as effective as the 14 on and 7 on for you?

I have several SE like HFS and diarrhea, so the oncologist want to lower my dose, but keep me on 14/7...

Thank you