Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Newly Diagnosed Triple Negative

Options
hammy1313
hammy1313 Member Posts: 2

Wow the last month has been a whirlwind. Dx on 12/19 with TN Stage I with no lymph node involvement. Mastectomy with reconstruction is scheduled for 2/27 and discussions of post op chemo have started… I feel so overwhelmed with the unknown.

please share any tips, insight or wisdom!

Comments

• needs.a.nap
    needs.a.nap Member Posts: 188
    Options

Hello @hammy1313. I’m sorry. We all understand the whirlwind, and having the great unknown in front of you. I’m glad you found this forum. I would read here almost every night from my diagnosis on and it answered so many of my random questions! It helped me gain strength and determination. “You’ve got this” everyone says … but hearing it said here is much more believable!

There is also an amazing weekly support group where you can ask questions of others going through breast cancer and hear their stories. That gave me courage and a lot of practical advice before my mastectomy. If you can join, I highly recommend that.

Ask anything you want here and everyone is great and so supportive! The doctors explain things one way but it’s so helpful to hear things from actual breast cancer patients.

I wish you all the best with your upcoming surgery and reconstruction and treatments!!!

• hammy1313
    hammy1313 Member Posts: 2
    Options

@needs.a.nap Thank you so much! Which group is it? I’d love to join. You are so right the doctors explain it one way but you have so much coming at you and so many decisions to make that you get lost in the information!

• needs.a.nap
    needs.a.nap Member Posts: 188
    Options

@hammy1313 I hope this link works. Although it’s called “In Treatment” I found it so helpful before my surgery to attend. I didn’t even realize how much I needed the support until I attended my first one! It truly is an overwhelming time in the beginning and it was really hard to process it all. If only we could be assigned a “mentor” to help us along from the start, to guide us through all the decisions.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,989
    Options

@hammy1313 - That's fantastic to hear your interest in the Zoom meet-up! This virtual group is a great opportunity for more in-depth discussions and real-time support. Please join us if you're free! It would be great to have you there as well. Please reach out if you have questions.

@needs.a.nap, thank you so much for the link and support! 💖

With warm regards,

The Mods