Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

fatigue on ovarian suppression and AI?

Options

It's been a long time since I've posted here. I was so scared when I was initially diagnosed but have gotten through a lot - surgery, chemo, and several years of endocrine therapy - no small feat! I'm finding endocrine therapy mostly quite tolerable but have pretty consistent fatigue. Does anyone else experience this on Zoladex and Letrozole? I find it particularly hard juggling work and kids. Anything that helped much?

Comments

• orangeflower
    orangeflower Member Posts: 95
    Options

I had debilitating fatigue on ovarian suppression plus aromatase inhibitor. Same thing on tamoxifen. I even started falling behind at work. I'd go to the supermarket and was so fatigued I couldn't finish my shopping and had to go home. Unfortunately, I was one of those people who couldn't tolerate endocrine therapy and quit after a year of great difficulty. I hope you find something that works for you.

• keepingcalm
    keepingcalm Member Posts: 79
    Options

@orangeflower Thank you so much for responding. Like so much of this, it makes me feel a little better to know I'm not the only one! I'm sorry you experienced the same. Looks as if we were diagnosed around the same time. Are you feeling better off of endocrine therapy?

• orangeflower
    orangeflower Member Posts: 95
    Options

Hi keeping calm. Yes, I feel better off of it. I had/have severe IBS, and for me the endocrine therapy and stress of my breast cancer experience worsened it a lot, according to the doctor. It took a long time after getting off endocrine therapy for my IBS to get better. I still feel that it was worth trying, though, and a disappointed that I had to stop.

I hope you feel better!