Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

PASH

lieb36stieg83
lieb36stieg83 Member Posts: 1
edited September 7 in Benign Breast Conditions

Hi

Just wondering if there is anyone that is dealing with PASH and would love to discuss whom they are seeing and what direction their surgeon is taking. If you know of other websites or physicians that deal with PASH in the Chicago or the NorthShore area would like if you could provide that info.

Found lump two years ago, no one did anything other than a genetic test. Changed medical facilities, and a year later the mass increased in size. Finally mammo, came back abnormal, Feb,2024 and early part of March they scheduled a MRI w/wo contrast. Had a double biopsy on the left breast mid March and positive for PASH, total length is greater than 7 cm. Radiologist scheduled me with a surgeon as well as repeat MRI w/wo contrast. I also have very dense breast “C”. My last MRI, mid August, reading of MRI took longer than 7 days and with request from surgeon as well as phone call from me results finally where released. Comments from radiologist that whatever showed up last time no longer exists. I went from Rad 4 to Rad 2. No one will accept the fact that maybe it was misread plus everyone sees and feels the large mass that keeps growing as well as pain.

Very limited information available, but seeing my GP to discuss what has transpired with the latest MRI as well as the surgeon and radiologists comments. Not certain if she’ll be able to help me.

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• maggiehopley
    maggiehopley Member Posts: 134

After my MRI for two cancerous tumors in my left breast, I was told I also had a suspicious area in my right breast that needed to be biopsied. This was ultimately determined to be PASH. My surgeon told me that PASH is benign and wouldn't cause any problems, but I had already decided to have BMX at that point. I'm glad it's gone, benign or not.

• emmay92
    emmay92 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 16

I also have had PASH come back on my pathology. My understanding is that it is rare, but benign. My surgeon made no particular mention of it, with the main concern being radial scars. It is hard when you cannot seem to find much information on some of these conditions yet we just want to know the how and why behind these conditions.

All the best for your health and recovery

• lucyboop
    lucyboop Member Posts: 1

My disabled daughter has PASH. She had spent a week at a Camp for people with disabilities and a few months later when she was coming out of the shower, I noticed a rash on her breasts. I put some cream I had on it and felt a golf ball size lump! I was like "does this hurt?" No, she said. I immediately got in touch with her doctor, went in and she ordered a mammogram. Radiologist said it was suspicious and wanted to do a biopsy. Came back as a hamartoma with PASH and was told to monitor it. Well that was Feb 2023. She has had another mammogram and an ABUS and now 2 months ago she had her annual mammogram and the PASH has grown to over 3 inches, the size of an orange!! It measures 8cm x 7cm. I'm beyond pissed that her doc didn't refer her last year. Anyway, we bypassed her and went straight to my surgeon who did my DMX in July of this year. She is scheduled for a lumpectomy in less than 3 weeks. Surgeon was livid she wasn't referred when it was originally found. I told him that she's never had a patient with a hamartoma with PASH and he said, "you know what I do when I don't know about something?" I ASK. He said if it was any larger she would lose her breast! If yours is over 7cm you should definitely consider having it removed.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,549

Thank you so much for sharing all that @lucyboop. We're so sorry that your daughter is going through this, and that the radiologist didn't refer you last year ☹️ So glad she's in good care now though!
    Keep us posted.