Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263

So offensive I have no words.

• illinoislady
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505
  • ruthbru
  • ruthbru
  • ruthbru
  • illinoislady

Great memes I love all of them.

• ruthbru
  • illinoislady

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year’s course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word “happiness” would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.     -Carl Gustav Jung

• illinoislady

Great memes and all the more so since Trump did the major screw-up with the black journalists. I just read that (sure sounds about right to me) that in part, Trump by behaving so erratically was likely trying to re-capture attention and focus on himself.

At this time Kamala Harris is getting major amts. of attention and if not her, them J.D. Vance is pulling it in. Trump is on the outside looking in and feeling left behind and a bit ignored. That is near death to a narcissist. So he found a way to GET the attention back. Massive fail.

It is obvious (not that there won't be something at some point) that the Reps. and Trump have not found anything as yet to cause any dulling of excitement for Kamala. In fact, seems to be they are inadvertently adding fuel in their attempts to stop her momentum. It is hard for me to conceive that any really rational person would go to a meeting of black journalists and say the wholly un-presidential things that Trump spewed forth. Just remarkable to be so needy you would do such a thing — and all the while Pres. Biden and VP Harris are (behind the scenes) working so hard to do what Trump could not and bring some of our detainees/prisoners' home where they belong.

How sad it must be to be Trump and or Reps. at this time. I do feel in fact for those Reps. who are indeed denouncing Trump. Like Cheney and Kinzinger, they believe in democracy and country before Trump and due to that will vote for a Democrat rather than allow a Wanna-Be dictator to get their vote. Hats off to them.

The coming week and weeks should be hopefully as full of momentum as the last week and a half has been. I would presume that there will be little but name-calling and weirdness for the other side. Despite what they say — none of them were ready for Pres. Biden being EXTREMELY astute and patriotic and handing the baton over to VP Harris and all done so smoothly. We are on the way to a brand-new day, and so hopefully a woman president.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574
    edited August 2

I am worrying about Kamala’s choice for VP, hoping that she makes the right choice and it doesn’t derail the momentum she’s building. I know many will vote for her regardless of her selection, but I don’t want to just squeak by in the election. I want it to be hands down, without a doubt Harris is who the voters elect.

I must admit, tho, I don’t feel sorry for a single Republican, lol.

The release of hostages is wonderful news, and I’m sure you read HCR’s newsletter detailing how all the puzzle pieces finally came together, and that is was President Biden who orchestrated it from the very beginning of his administration. I have a big f.u. to direct to the media who only want to report on splashy, malicious, divisive news, mostly from comments spewing out of Loon’s mouth. I loved all of Biden’s remarks about how it is working with U.S. allies that make the difference. Not that the effing media is paying any attention, altho I guess the Wall Street Journal apparently had an in depth front page article on it today.

• ruthbru

Pete Buttigieg was just on The View. What a smart, articulate man!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574
    edited August 2

Ruth, dh is really tuned into this election like never before. I think one reason is because he’s retired and has more time to spend on it. (He’s also always disliked Trump from clear back to The Art of the Deal days.) Dh only recently started paying attention to Pete Buttigieg, and now that he’s seeing him on different news channels, he says the same thing, how smart he is and what good, well thought-out answers he gives in interviews.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal