We are 217,836 members in 81 forums discussing 154,335 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 06:29PM

Northstar wrote:

I am an "older" woman with breast cancer (I was diagnosed at 65 and am now 66).  I notice that most of the posts seem to be from people younger than I am (often by quite a bit...).   I'd love to "talk" with others my age, exchange info about their diagnoses, effects on their lives, etc.   I see that there is a forum for young women.

Someone suggested that maybe it's that older people aren't so computer-savvy or aren't used to being in online discussion groups.   However, for those who are, it would be great. 

DX 8/15/08, ILC, 5.1 cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype DX 11.

Page 1090 of 1,133 (33,990 results)

Posts 32671 - 32700 (33,990 total)

Jul 25, 2018 11:57PM MinusTwo wrote:

Wren - holding you & your DH in my thought tomorrow.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jul 26, 2018 12:09AM SoCalLisa wrote:

me too Wren...holding your hand tonight and tomorrow..Hugs

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Jul 26, 2018 10:23AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give.
So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will
spread sunshine in a sometimes-dreary world.

Lawrence G. Lovasik

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 26, 2018 10:24AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Hope, well wishes, positive vibes and whatever else it takes to have a highly successful outcome on your Dh's pacemaker surgery Wren -- and for you too.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 27, 2018 03:45AM ChiSandy wrote:

Wren, good vibes, a mi sheberach prayer, and in your pocket for DH's successful pacer implant!

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 27, 2018 09:59AM IllinoisLady wrote:

When we seek to discover the best in others,
we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.
- William Arthur Ward

Jul 27, 2018 10:09AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Rained late yesterday. Not before a huge piece from the top of one of our trees came down and did a massive bump to our power line. Didn't cause the line to fall, thank goodness, since it stretches over a very large and full ravine, but only bounce two lines together causing a fuse ( the Ameren power man said ) to trip. So, he went somewhere up the road and restored power to all those who are on the same line as us. Gratified that it was an easy fix, and that we, nor none of our neighbors had to be too long without power.

Should be reasonable temp. wise for the next few days. More showers could be possible, but they don't do past any real prediction, just possibility. My little sitting ( cats ) job will be done on Monday. I also look forward to the finish so that I can re-start my routine around home. This sitting hasn't been actually disruptive but have been helping a friend get to appts. Her ride ( my BIL ) had to make an emergency trip to California so extras tossed in to keep things lively and interesting.

I hope ( thinking of you and hubby, Wren ) all are going to have a really nice day and nice weather too. Our rain wasn't much yesterday so I might find myself doing a little watering in the next day or two -- but we made a very pleasant start. Sure love the after rain smells.

Jul 27, 2018 03:57PM carolehalston wrote:

Wren, I hope your husband's health is greatly improved by the pacemaker. And also that the house painting came out to your liking.

My travel from New Orleans to St. Louis and then on to Minneapolis went well on Wednesday. I came home to cool weather. Even the Twin Cities were in the high 60's yesterday for their high. The past two nights, dh and I have needed our blanket in addition to the comforter.

Today is lovely. Low 70's and sunny and not a lot of wind. Yesterday was cool and windy, pretty much an indoors day.

This morning (late morning) we went to the gym and to breakfast afterwards. DH has a muscle injury that prevented us from playing couples golf. A bit of a disappointment for me since I haven't played in weeks.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 28, 2018 10:05AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Not until the creation and maintenance of decent conditions of life for all people are recognized and accepted as a common obligation of all of us. . . shall we be able to speak of humankind as civilized.

Albert Einstein

Jul 29, 2018 10:01AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Patience is never wasted; patience is a
process through which a soul passes and
becomes precious. Souls who have risen
above the world's limitations and sorrows,
the world's falseness and deception, they are
the souls who have passed through patience.

Hazrat Inayat Khan

Jul 29, 2018 10:12AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Good morning on this cloudy Sunday. Its okay as I think it will definitely rain a bit later. It will stay a lot cooler ( about 76 degrees ) and I'm just hoping that the humidity doesn't rear up. So, windows open for now. No wind so the rain will come straight down. Working on my last couple of days of caring for the kitties. The lady went to Alaska. She, I think, would have preferred to stay home since her oldest cat got a gum infection. So far, I've kept him eating, but not enough really. I'll be glad when the lady gets back because it will be better for all. May even help the cat get interested in doing better if possible.

So onward here. Guess what -- other than humidity backing off and the temps. going down I'm already ( in a way ) dreading Fall. I've accomplished a lot of things ( especially in our yard ) and they seem to be doing fine but I love the summer greens and to see the trees with all their clothes on. Even a freshly mowed lawn makes me feel good. So -- today I will enjoy -=- even if it rains -- all the greens that are every where right now. Will likely let the kitties stay out on the screened in porch where I'm going for a good amt. of time. Had to make them go in early yesterday as I had promised a friend to go out for lunch ( Chinese ) and to the store.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Jul 29, 2018 03:00PM ChiSandy wrote:

Another beautiful sunny and mild day today. Dealing with my oral situation as best I can--rinsing with saltwater, dilute peroxide, Listerine Sensitivity as instructed. My dental appt. tomorrow is 9:40 am--no way am I driving or taking the CTA. Bob can drop me off...but at 9, before the office opens; do I really want to kill time at the cafe downstairs (especially after carefully cleaning my mouth)? Guess it'll be Uber time again. Hoping it's something the dentist can quickly drain & suture, with good painkillers and a root canal & crown (had plenty of those before--as long as it keeps the tooth in place...).

Bob took pity on me last night and brought home some mango sorbet. Unfortunately, it was from that batch of Talenti that was too-tightly sealed; it took lots of brute force (trying not to torque my L arm)--including hot water, pounding with a meat bat, wrenching with a jar opener. What got it open was, after doing all of the above, wrapping it in a tea towel, anchoring it between my upper arm & armpit, and twisting hard with my R hand. (Beats what that poor old grandpa in last year's video had to do...involving a vise and reciprocating saw...).

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 29, 2018 04:16PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Ah, glad you didn't have to go too far to get your ice cream Sandy. Hope you get that tooth fixed quickly and get aggravations scaled way back.

Jul 30, 2018 09:55AM IllinoisLady wrote:

If you want to build a ship don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

Jul 30, 2018 10:06AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Started raining last night. Right as Dh was getting home from work. He is off today but has a PT appt. He likes the Dr. so that is really good. He has a habit of sloughing off a bit when it is just the PT therapists that work with him. This Dr. is in charge of the department and is very good friends with the Dr. I've worked for now for several yrs. I think maybe Dh will be more inclined to pay attention so that he gets the most from working with Dr. S that is possible.

So, it will rain some more today but I'm not sure when. It is my last day of going to the next town over to do the cats there. As usual, I will and will not miss going. I'm anxious to get my personal routine back -- but I will definitely miss the interaction with the kits. They are all gold/orange in color -- one old, and one mid-age and one slightly younger than that. They all become enjoyable to me and something I look forward to. I do think for the older ones sake though, it will be nice when their mistress is back. Cats can be quite adaptable to their 'situations' but they are creatures of habit and I know they too will be happy to go back into their long-time ( before I showed up ) daily routines.

It will stay cool ( cloudy mainly ) as long as we have rain likely and will get to keep the coolness ( maybe some slight humidity ) for most of this week. I'm glad we were able to escape watering which I was starting to have to think about doing.

Thinking about you and Dh, Wren.

Jul 30, 2018 10:27AM carolehalston wrote:

Taking care of someone else's animals can cause some anxiety, I expect. People get so attached to pets. One year dh was feeding the neighbor's animals, which included chickens and a hawk got one of the chickens. DH felt bad about it.

We spent Saturday and Sunday at Detroit Lakes, a nice town about an hour's drive from our campground. We set up a booth at a huge flea market and offered dh's turned bowls for sale. I also put out some of my placemats and crocheted and knitted dish cloths. We made expenses and a little more but were disappointed with the sales. Once again, we didn't really "fit" into a flea market. I'll have to do some research on arts and crafts shows for next summer.

We're glad we gave the DL flea market a try. Now we know not to go back. People are mainly looking for old stuff at a flea market. One person's throwaway is another person's find. One item we saw upscale young women carrying was old windows, apparently to use in a crafts project.

I've been lazy this morning but will change and go to the gym. I need activity after so much sitting this weekend. My WW meeting is this afternoon at 5:30 in Bemidji. A 45 min. drive. Afterwards we'll treat ourselves to pizza.

Happy Monday.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 30, 2018 01:45PM ChiSandy wrote:

DDS says it's an abscess deep in the root of my front upper incisor--was able to drain a little of the palate sore. He thinks the root might have a cavity or more likely a surface irregularity that trapped plaque the floss couldn't reach. The root isn't fractured (if it were, I'd be seeing stars and swearing a blue streak), nor is the tooth; and per X-rays, there is no decay in the visible part of the tooth. So I see the periodontist on Wed.--hoping he can fill the cavity or smooth the root to save the tooth and avoid an extraction (which would trigger ONJ). At least it's not oral cancer. Meanwhile, keep on doing what I've been doing: 1000mg. Tylenol + 800mg. ibuprofen every 6 hrs., warm salt water rinses several times a day, Sensodyne toothpaste & Listerine Sensitive rinse 2X day; with the addition of clindamycin and Peridex rinse after breakfast & at bedtime.

Jul 30, 2018 09:04PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Well Sandy, it sounds like you have a full time job to take care of just one tooth. I would have to write down every step and check the notes often or I'm not sure I'd keep up. Glad it isn't so serious though and that getting repairs will do the trick.

Carole, flea markets here are something for everyone -- old, new, hand-made etc. I'm usually on a budget but like to 'look' at everything. Have gone to the Balloon Fest every yr. here normally ( missed last yr. ) and usually buy a piece of pottery. My cabinet is full though so not sure I'll keep doing it. I'm into small Pyrex and other types that hold maybe a little more than one serving, or maybe two. We just don't eat like we use to, so smaller has become better for me. I have more of a collection of that type then I really need, but I always look because some are so nice and in such good shape.

Jul 30, 2018 10:00PM ChiSandy wrote:

Actually, it *could* be serious if the periodontist can't save the root and a root canal by an endodontist wouldn't save the tooth. I have till Sept. to decide whether to stop taking Prolia (or any bone strengthening meds) in the event I need an extraction and fixed partial denture. But if the adjacent teeth are also compromised I will probably need full dentures--implants are contradicted for anyone at risk for ONJ.

Jul 31, 2018 12:07AM Wren44 wrote:

Bummer, Sandy. Hope they can get this fixed up and you can keep your own teeth.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Jul 31, 2018 10:05AM carolehalston wrote:

Sandy, I also hope you can keep your teeth. I have never wanted dentures and have invested quite a bit of $$$$ in keeping mine.

Today is my women's golf day. It has been a while since I played golf, so I'm looking forward to getting out on the golf course. Guess I'd better get moving.

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday.

Jul 31, 2018 06:07PM IllinoisLady wrote:

A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical illusion of our consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and foundation for inner security.

Albert Einstein

Jul 31, 2018 06:24PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Here late today. Been a long day but that is okay. I of course, didn't have to do the kitties today. I did have a nice conversation with the lady they live with because I wanted to make sure she was home. Otherwise I would need to go and take care of them. Then I went ( after doing all of mine ) to feed the feral cats. Their is one kitten only. I'm glad it has survived and I stop up above from where I feed the feral adults. I discovered the kitten had a perfect hiding place and I live the food close to where that is.

Then on to town to take a friend out to lunch and grocery shopping. Then back home to tidy up very quick and our electrician friend came over to put up 3 lights we had. They are LED ( bright and long lasting ) which has been in boxes here for several weeks. Dh ( he is actually quite good at electrical work ) just wasn't getting to it. So, we paid him to put them up. Now to get my bedroom ceiling done. There are a couple of other things but I hope Dh will get to them since I'm getting his list a little shorter -- even if I have to pay to get it done and over with. Dave was here about an hour and part of the time we chatted a variety of things -- so it went quickly and efficiently and I know that while he could have done it --- Dh would have struggled a lot. Now he can enjoy really seeing.

The old lights were fluorescent bulbs with a long white plastic cover that curved over the base holding the light tubes. Those plastic covers were always full of dead bugs which are attracted easily where we live as there are few lights out here when it is dark. So, many of them came to my kitchen. Tiresome to look up and see "bodies". The new lights have covers with no openings. I could have just bought LED tubes -- but I really wanted rid of the bodies. Plus the light covers could be awkward to get on -- if you didn't center them just right.

Jul 31, 2018 09:35PM Puffin2014 wrote:

I have an infection in the ear with the tube. The drainage covered my whole pillow. The PA irrigated and suctioned my ear and started me on antibiotic ear drops for the last week, and I went back today. Pain and drainage are gone but ear is closed tight and I can't hear out of it. If my good ear is on my pillow in the morning I can't hear the alarm going off. This morning was my follow up appointment, even with more irrigating and suctioning he still couldn't see my ear drum. He did another test that showed my tube is plugged so the drops I've been using aren't even getting through to the other side. So now I'm on an oral antibiotic as well as the ear drops. Hope we get this straightened out soon, I have plane reservations in Sep to go birding in Oregon and don't know that I could fly with my ear like this.

Dx 5/23/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/16/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 7/17/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/13/2014 Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/10/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 31, 2018 11:26PM IllinoisLady wrote:

That sounds like it was very uncomfortable. I do hope the response to the oral meds ( antibiotic ) kicks in very quick so that the ear drops can do their job. Sending lots and lots of prayers and hope for a speedy get well.

Aug 1, 2018 12:32AM - edited Aug 1, 2018 12:50AM by ChiSandy

Puffin, that sounds awful! Hope the tube eventually (sooner rather than later) works, as will the antibiotics. I've never had drain tubes placed--usually, Sudafed (before I became hypertensive) and then saline, Afrin, and Nasalcrom sprays equalized the pressure and the fluid drained into the eustachian tubes and out the throat. But I think it'll resolve w/in a month. If not, can you make Amtrak reservations in advance?

My son just got back from a trip to western MT, and stayed in Fargo the first night. A few years back, my singing partner & I had library gigs near Denver (into which we flew) and in Cheyenne, WY. Our turnaround point was a music conference in Eugene, OR. We tossed a coin--we could either go up into UT and cross the desert in northwestern NV and eastern OR, or drive up to & across MT, the ID panhandle (Lake Coeur d'Alene), Spokane and then down the Snake & Columbia (through the Horse Heaven Hills) rivers, along the Columbia Gorge (stopping to tour, taste and play at Maryhill Winery in Goldendale, WA), and then hanging a left at I-5 from Portland down to Eugene. Then after the conference we went up through the Willamette Valley wine country to Portland, from which we flew home. Both routes were equal in length & duration. But no contest--the northern route was fantastic and I'd do it all over again. If you could make the time, it's terrific and you'd probably see some beautiful birds & great scenery en route. (You really do feel closer to the sky in the WY and MT Rockies).

Meanwhile back at the (dental) ranch, I'm finding that the "Bonesmart Cocktail" (1000mg. acetaminophen + 800mg. ibuprofen every 6 hrs.) works better on tooth pain than does Tylenol #3, and lasts a couple hrs. longer. Supposedly tougher on the upper gut, but so far so good--and no constipation. I won't be on it much longer if the periodontist & endodontist can work their magic. Of course, Norco works far better than either of them--but I need to save what's left of my post-op stash for before physical therapy sessions (that's what the regimen was in rehab after my knee replacement surgeries). I will find out tomorrow when that will start--dreading it, because when I take the cast-brace off for showering, my wrist is insanely stiff & sore (even with the warm water cascading over it), and if I accidentally bend or rotate the tiniest bit too far, the pain is extremely sharp. I'm doing great with finger exercises, though.

Just found out that i.o. (formerly Improv Olympic--one of the incubators for many an SNL cast member) would like me to do a "Musical Armando" show or two some time this fall, and that would require guitar-playing. ("Armando Diaz" is the name of a long-form improv program comprised of several different sketches, with variations on a common theme but an ending that resolves the first sketch). What I'd be doing is playing something, then the company would riff a sketch off that, then repeat the cycle twice more before flipping the arrangement with they doing their final sketch and me adding music to it. At Gordy's former company, pH Comedy Theater (now Big Shoulders), this was called "pHusion." At i.o., the actors don't just act but also improvise music (i would get to "cheat" and play my existing songs except at the end). Sure hope that physical therapy, while initially painful, gives me enough mobility to play guitar by Oct. (I have another gig in Sept., but I can get away with singing & harmonica because it's a duo gig--for the Musical Armando I'd be playing solo).

Aug 1, 2018 10:11AM carolehalston wrote:

Good health wishes for Puffin and Sandy. We don't appreciate good health and absence of pain until we develop a health issue. I hope you both recover and are able to follow through with plans.

I'm feeling a little stiff and creaky this morning. My project for the day is doing laundry, which will involve much walking back and forth to the laundry room. I suspect there will be three or four large loads. For some reason, I never mind the laundry detail, especially at home where I have handy racks for hanging clothes.

DH is playing golf with a "co-ed" group today.

It's overcast and cool this morning, low 60's, and is supposed to stay cool all day. Fine with me.

Jackie, what a rough life for a kitten, to be without a home on its own. The kittens don't stay with the mother cat?

Aug 1, 2018 11:04AM IllinoisLady wrote:

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

-- Harvey MacKay

Aug 1, 2018 11:13AM - edited Aug 1, 2018 03:03PM by IllinoisLady

Add my well wishes to both Puffin and Sandy once again. We ( I'm sure ) are all so grateful to be ' kicking ' but sometimes a few less bumps to it all could and would be highly appreciated.

Carole, the kitten is I think old enough to be on its own pretty much, but looks quite small. This may be due to having had a very small mother. Because of the mother's size it I likely she only had one or two kittens and were any male it likely would have been found and done away with by tomcats not wanting competition which happens often in the wild. I have no idea of the age of this kitten -- but I know who the mother is and I'm sure she would not ignore it if it 'needed' her. I do feel compelled to make sure that the little one has food where it hides until it is older and a bit stronger --- and I'll know that when as it gets braver about spending more time in plain sight. I have seen sm. ( babies but obviously far larger than the kitten ) raccoons over where I feed it, so the minute they start coming out again I'll have to get clever maybe. Fingers crossed.

Nice here but it will warm now so no more leaving the windows open. Drat -- but its summer and good weather comes and goes and unfortunately time for it to move on. We may get more rain though -- have to see, but no matter what it will heat up.

Aug 1, 2018 03:57PM Anneb1149 wrote:

Hi all,

Here I am again, checking in to say hello. I can't believe summer is almost over, at least in regard of camp and going back to school. This is my son's last week of camp- he will be heading home to So Carolina as early as possible this Fri. He will go into camp to make sure everything is set up, but will leave early afternoon. I cannot believe how quickly his time here passed. He did stay at his MIL's for over three weeks while his wife and girls were down, but they were here a lot. I took him out to dinner the other night so we could catch up a little. He leaves Fri, and I fly to GA on Mon. I would have hitched a ride with him, but Sat is my oldest DGD's birthday party in Lake Placid, and she will be 13, so I can't miss that. I have been very busy shopping for her room make over, and last Fri the DGS who lives with me, and I headed up to actually do the makeover. She was away at a church camp all week, and we had told her we would work on her room when she got home. Before we got there, her parents had painted the room, and put most of the furniture together. Doug finished putting the dresser drawers together, then helped me finish the room. I am very pleased at how it turned out. At 13, this is the first time she has had her own bedroom, so I went all out. Mainly for her, but also that her parents can see how the whole house could look with minimal effort on their part. Meanwhile, the day we got there, their son's room had flooded from an A/C leak. They had to pull up and get rid the carpet (which was no big loss), so I ended buying him new bedding while there.

My brother, who went back to NC in June has had a really rough summer, and hopes to be back here by the end of Aug. He is staying with with his daughter, whom you might remember got married in LasVegas in Apr to the guy she has been with since she was 15 (now 33). Everything seemed great until the husband went out one night after dinner and never came home. He showed up at his parents house sometime after midnight, and they called my niece to let her know. Days later, he still hadn't called her and was refusing her calls. Long story short, he is with someone else. My brother was very glad he was there when it was happening because his daughter was devastated. Now that she is out of crisis mode, he is very lonely up there. He sees his son and only granddaughter (and DIL) once a week and other than that sits at his daughter's house all day every day, except to go to the grocery store. I will be very happy when he returns.

I am going to try to attach some pix to this, one of my 5 youngest grandchildren at the beach and one of my DGD's newnew room- maybe a few

Ann

Dx 9/25/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 3/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 10/3/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/3/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 10/9/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 1/27/2014 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1090 of 1,133 (33,990 results)