We are 225,935 members in 82 forums discussing 158,530 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 03:29PM

Northstar wrote:

I am an "older" woman with breast cancer (I was diagnosed at 65 and am now 66).  I notice that most of the posts seem to be from people younger than I am (often by quite a bit...).   I'd love to "talk" with others my age, exchange info about their diagnoses, effects on their lives, etc.   I see that there is a forum for young women.

Someone suggested that maybe it's that older people aren't so computer-savvy or aren't used to being in online discussion groups.   However, for those who are, it would be great. 

DX 8/15/08, ILC, 5.1 cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype DX 11.

Page 1176 of 1,190 (35,699 results)

Posts 35251 - 35280 (35,699 total)

Nov 23, 2019 07:39AM IllinoisLady wrote:

When I was a girl, my temper often got out of bounds. But one day when I became angry at a friend over some trivial matter, my mother said to me, "Elizabeth, anyone who angers you conquers you." -Sister Elizabeth Kenny

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 23, 2019 12:19PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Petite I'm glad you are done. Now just to get your skin healed. Always great to get these things over so you can move on.

We started the morning with rain. I wasn't expecting it, but it didn't last too long. It is dry now but a gloomy day. Good day to stay home and enjoy doing next to nothing. Went to the store early -- after feeding the feral cats so I could do just that. Elsewise, I'll just mosey if I choose to do anything. I hope you are all going to have a great Saturday.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 24, 2019 04:34AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Expressing gratitude ignites the light within us and is a sure
path to joy. Gratitude is one of the highest vibrations of
energy we can create, it's free, and anyone can give it. It
can be as simple as being thankful for soup, being thankful
one can see, walk, wiggle a finger, or tap to a beat. One
can be grateful for happy children, good neighbors, good luck,
and simply being alive. . . . Part of the journey toward joy
involves not waiting around for trouble, but being
continuously aware of our blessings.

Charlotte Davis Kasl

Nov 25, 2019 05:46AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery that it is. In the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it, because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace.

Frederick Buechner

Nov 25, 2019 05:49AM petite1 wrote:

Good morning. 32 degrees in sunny Florida. I am glad radiation is done and then move to the next step. The pills. I have my Oncologist appointment 12/3. Ready for the next step.

petite Dx 8/23/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/20/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/18/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Nov 25, 2019 05:59AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Beautiful sunny ( did you get that Sunny ) morning here. It is due to get up to 61 degrees. Usually a mite warmer where we are in our little odd pocket almost directly across the river from St. Louis, Mo. Have to go early today to therapy. The Dr. will write a report to the surgeon in Indiana about my progress or lack of the same. I think it is good although I've struggled with the cold and damp weather.

Yesterday I helped Dh in the yard. I used the gasoline push mower to get the part of the front lawn that is between our two sidewalks. I wasn't sure I should but then I have successfully accomplished things inside with one hand when I couldn't use the left so thought I would do okay outside. I did and was able ( as long as pulling backwards ) to use my left arm quite a lot. If I felt any 'real' strain I let my rt. arm take over so it was okay.

I am so grateful about the things I'm able to do now. Having my arm in the sling for such a long time, even though I got some minor glimpses even then, I started to wonder if I would return to a lot more normalcy. I now drive us all the time again and even that has undergone improvement. I can put my hands on the steering wheel ( both of them ) in roughly the same place both sides, as well as reach up with my left hand to operate the turn signal Such little things but clear indications that with patience I am going to be much like before. I likely will always "notice" weather now in ways I didn't before, but I'll be okay with that.

I hope all of you are going to have a really wonderful day.

Nov 25, 2019 06:32AM carolehalston wrote:

Petite, glad you've accomplished the radiation phase and your skin can heal.

Jackie, I know you're happy to be using that injured arm.

I have errands today, our last day at home before heading north to Illinois tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 25, 2019 11:38AM Wren44 wrote:

The sun is trying to come out today without much luck. Our high is supposed to be 41 today getting colder as the week goes on. Thanksgiving Day is supposed to be 39 for the high. The national weather says snow is possible in the lowlands (like Seattle), but I don't believe it until the local folks say it. With the Olympics on one side and the Cascades on the other, we have strange weather here. This weekend is the Apple Cup with rivals U. of WA and WA State playing. Last year it was at WA State and the weather was so bad that the bus carrying the UW band slid off the road. Luckily only minor injuries, but they didn't get to the game. The people in the closest town took the band to the high school and brought in leftovers for them to eat. And the WA State band played the UW school song at the game. It was nice to see people coming together like that.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Nov 25, 2019 03:12PM ChiSandy wrote:

“Apple Cup?” For a few years when we lived in Seattle (till the ‘78 Rose Bowl), we used to call the UW-WSU game the “Toilet Bowl!” (Been in Chicago >1 yrs., but “Victory for Washington” and “Bow Down to Washington” are still earworms—couldn’t hum you the Northwestern fight song even if you paid me, and I went to THAT Rose Bowl in ‘96).

53 & sunny today in Chicago, but we’re headed to London in a couple of hours for a much-needed brief vacay. (Weather always improves here when we leave—and turns to s&%t upon our return. Snow again Sunday)!

We are finally grandparents...sort of. Gordy & Leslie adopted a Jack Russell-mix rescue on Saturday

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 25, 2019 08:33PM Wren44 wrote:

Granddogs are nice. I think all couples should have a dog first. Gives you a good idea of what kind of parents they will be. And the dog will never discuss their mistakes with a shrink.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Nov 26, 2019 02:40AM - edited Nov 26, 2019 02:41AM by WorryThePooh

Good news Di and Petite!

We had an unexpected cyclone here today, think you guys call them hurricanes? I thought it looked like rain, so I was out bringing in the washing and noticed very strange fast very moving whispy clouds or air I could see in the distance, then suddenly the trees went crazy and next thing the rain was coming for me horizontally, needless to say I ran inside like a crazy woman! When it all died down we discovered rain had leaked into my son's bedroom, neighbour's tree fell into the other neighbour's yard, and there was a live power line across the road! Thankfully the emergency vehicle came quickly.

At least the rain seems to have helped flush out some of the smoke in the air, as we have had nonstop smokey air the last few weeks, with 60 bushfires still burning in our state.

Anyone else had wrist problems on hormone treatment? I've developed problems in my left wrist which never existed before, having to wear a splint on my arm.

Dx 11/2018, IDC, Right, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/21/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 12/13/2018 Whole-breast Hormonal Therapy 2/28/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 26, 2019 04:07AM Chevyboy wrote:

Morning gals! Only 25 degrees here, and about 8 inches of snow at our house...…. Looks like we are staying in today.... Hah! Really don't need to get out, and have everything we need for Thanksgiving dinner with our Daughter!

This year, instead of a huge Turkey, I bought 2 Cornish Hens! And I have left-over frozen smoked turkey-leg meat to add to the dressing. Green bean casserole, baked sweet potatoes, and mashed white potatoes with gravy.

Think I'll cook up some stewed tomatoes, made from my frozen fresh tomatoes that I grew. My Mom used to make that, with a little butter, and sugar and torn up bread pieces.

Most of our dinner is out in the cold metal garage until I bring it in Tuesday night...

Worry.... you talk about wrist problems.... I have that too, but not from any treatments... I REMEMVER that though when I was taking Tamoxifen... Another gal talked about Everything hurting while she was on it! My only problem was my hearing... Everyone is different, and we react to meds & treatment in strange ways.

My wrist hurts from over-use... Hah! Too much crocheting, and sewing pillows by hand for Christmas presents....

Wren, we have a little miniature poodle Grand kid! He lives next door, and he'll stand at the fence and bark, whenever he hears the slightest noise from us! We have to open the gate, and he just lays there, until I have petted and loved him enough, and then he gets up and runs to find my Husband! He loves to run around our big yard, and terrorize the squirrels!

When it's time, we get him his "treats" and he runs back to his yard, and we set them on his porch! Sometimes, when we are talking to his Mom or Dad, he goes up on our front porch, and stands by the jar of treats, and barks at them, until we go get him some, and put them on his porch! He is just like our kid! Hah, and we love him.

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Nov 26, 2019 04:09AM Chevyboy wrote:

Cosmo....Looking none to happy in his get-up!

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Nov 26, 2019 07:29AM IllinoisLady wrote:

If your gratitude depends on what life gives you or what other people do for you or to you, you will be disappointed more often than you are grateful. But you can learn to feel grateful by rethinking your attitude towards life. First, remember that contentment lies in giving. If you know that giving is better than receiving, then you can feel grateful for what you are able to give others. This does not mean you ignore your own needs. You will decide what to give and how to give it, and then at the end of the day you will be grateful for having had the chance to give in your own way. Remember, we all have something to give, and our ability to give is not related to our finances or physical strength. -Bernie Siegel

Nov 26, 2019 09:27AM kathindc wrote:

Chevy, are the chickens still next door? I remember your stories about them. Just curious.

Nov 26, 2019 03:11PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Quite a day here so far. We heard about mid-evening yesterday that a friend had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital so this morning after feeding our feral cats at the closed u store, we went around the corner and about a block up to the hospital and visited. So far, no real diagnosis. She had fallen twice and there was a suspicion of a possible broken leg, but all bones were intact. She had been having a lot of arthritic type pain for some time I'm of a mind that she sat too long and her tendons and muscles have gone slack. She also wasn't eating well due to not wanting to get up too often. From her description she mainly sat in her recliner for the better part of almost 3 months. Lost a lot of wt. ( not eating much or very well ) and I think she likely needs to be right where she is and then rehab nursing for a while. Our one decent ( if any really are ) nursing home has a "bounce back" wing where patients go when they need to build back their muscles and stamina in order to continue to live at home. We will see.

Went on to Aldi's for a few things. I had avoided going there since they re-opened. It was a 'newer' Aldi's -- had been there now for maybe 5 yrs., but was still the older fashioned kind. They closed for nearly a month and up-dated to the newer style -- the kind where it is hard to know where anything is because the layout is ( at least to me ) confusing. This happens sometimes to we older folk. You change something and we could be lost - and I was. It seemed better today. Still not wild about it, but it did seem to make more sense. Or maybe I just decided I had some time to look around so I wouldn't worry about leaving something off my list.

Raining tonight. We knew the storm was on the way so I wanted to make sure I had some soup to make. I make home-made soup sometimes but this is a package soup I like ( Bear Creek ) and since I may be cooking on Thursday unless sometimes changes -- I want easy stuff till then.

Chevy, I love the poodle picture. Cosmo really doesn't look too happy, but he sure is cute.

We have to take our Bill to the Vet tomorrow. He has had some "accidents" two nights running. We let him out a couple of times before bedtime so I've started to think he got into something outside somewhere. He will likely get an antibiotic of some kind -- not sure as they want us to bring a stool sample. That depends I think on whether he has another "accident" tonight. Since we live out in the woods he does not "go" anywhere usually where we could get a hold of anything. Hope he is okay.

Nov 26, 2019 07:56PM CindyNY wrote:

WorrythePooh- my wrists & thumbs hurt like the devil. I wear braces on both to work out. My hands seem to have gotten weaker too.

Another gf on Anastrozole is getting surgery for trigger thumb. She wears her brace all day; not just for workouts.

Not sure if it's a direct correlation to AI drug or the loss of estrogen. I never knew estrogen did so much!

I'm glad you got some rain, unfortunately with a hurricane to boot. Fortunate no one in your neighborhood was hurt.

dx at 58, no family history, onco = 19 Dx 10/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/31/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 11/13/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Nov 27, 2019 03:02AM IllinoisLady wrote:

I believe that the first test of a great person is his or her humility. I don't mean by humility, doubt of one's power. But really great people have a curious feeling that the greatness is not of them, but through them. And they see something divine in every other person and are endlessly, foolishly, incredibly merciful.

John Ruskin

Nov 27, 2019 05:45AM Chevyboy wrote:

Morning gals! So cold here... just 9 degrees, and about a foot of snow is going to be hanging around for a long time, I think!

No Kath.... I was so glad when the next door chickens were gone! I always felt so sorry for them! I would always take pop-corn, and stuff over to them... I covered the open area, with tarp, once when they were gone! But MAN, those people were just clueless! They never cleaned their coop/laying area!

I got so sick one time, trying to clean up everything... I would get asthma from all the dust, straw, feathers, and I finally asked her to help me keep them clean, but they just thought they were all fine!

Anyway, they were given away, Thank God, because their house is now empty, and they moved into another home which they bought, and are having this one completely remodeled, and an upper story added on! Started in April, but just barely started working on it, inside! I'm just glad the chicken coop was sold! At least they took their older cat! My Daughter and I were trying to find a home for her! I took HER a raised bed, blankets,treats, and always water, and oh! A heat lamp, because she was not allowed in their house!

Those people and their 3 kids have more money than brains! Hah! I love their kids, but those people need some "LEARNIN'"

Nov 27, 2019 07:13AM petite1 wrote:

Good morning, ladies. 59 degrees today. The rash is doing better and I feel like I have more energy. No cooking turkey this year. I will go down to my Mom's and we will have a Bob Evans Thanksgiving. My husband is going for a carry in with some friends. Our niece and grand niece and nephew are doing their own thing. Everyone has grown up.

petite Dx 8/23/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/20/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/18/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Nov 27, 2019 07:30AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Chevy -- you are practical and down to earth. In other words, you grew up, one way or the other with common sense. I think with many who are younger than we are, they were never much expected to be resourceful and learn to deal with things on that level. In my younger age we didn't have what those younger people got. We made up many of our own toys ( I remember home made stilts that were such fun ) and finding flat rocks for when we drew hop-scotch squares in the dirt. We would lie on old blankets in the yard and discuss what clouds shapes were. We would pick wild blackberries like the "Indians" we were as we were filling our baskets. We made up play stories and later played Parcheesi and Monopoly.

I hope you get wonderful neighbors that enjoy you and allow you to pet and play with any animals they might have -- never expecting you to take care of them because they won't or don' t know how. Maybe even some nice youngsters who are polite and enjoy you too. If we expect the best, even if we don't get it maybe we will be a lot closer than the last time.

Going to have some sun today but quite windy. I think it is left over from the rain and storms that did come late yesterday as predicted.

I guess we will take Bill to the vet today. He had that tummy issue going on and had to relieve himself two nights running in the house. It was quite a mess. Last night went just fine -- of course, since we made the appt. and since they asked for a stool sample. Always the way it seems. Still, I think it won't hurt to have him checked over. He does so well most of the time. I think, as does Dh, that he got into something outside somewhere. People tend to throw things they think are too old out of the fridges in any wooded ( and there are plenty ) areas around them for the wild animals. Sometimes not everything gets eaten I think. We have had more than one of our dogs get queasy for a while.

Calls have started this morning. I had a couple yesterday and THEY hung up on ME. Why ? you ask. Well, I could tell it was one of those so I started in talking before they did. Told them how depressed I was because it was going to rain and that made my arm hurt. You probably don't know I broke my arm but I did and now I have to have therapy so if it is not the weather making my arm hurt its the therapist -- Click. Dh was sitting in his recliner laughing his head off. I usually just hit the button for the "not" accepting this call number again. Yes, they go get another number to use, but it gives me a sense of satisfaction ( foolishly I know ) to do it anyway. By next millennium they should have run out of numbers, although I won't be answering the phone by then. Sigh !!!

Nov 27, 2019 11:26AM IllinoisLady wrote:

and today's:

I think so many of us are too hard on ourselves for what we didn't accomplish or what we should have done. The first step is to forgive yourself for all the things you didn't do that you should have and all the things that you did do that you shouldn't have. Get rid of the guilt. Negative feelings don't do you much good. The way to deal with them is to forgive yourself and forgive others. . . .
Forgiveness helps you come to terms with the past. I've learned how to forgive myself, and this has helped me no longer feel deep regrets or sadness about my past. -Morrie Schwartz

Nov 28, 2019 02:50AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Deciding to be grateful for our situation, our experiences, our unique perspective, quickly changes our outlook on everything that did happen, on everything that is happening now, and on everyone we meet. Accepting that we are in charge of whatever kind of day we will have forces us to accept responsibility for our joy, which can always be ours, or our unhappiness. And being grateful feels so good. Gratitude is an attitude, and I can feel it whenever I want. -unattributed

Nov 28, 2019 04:23AM camillegal wrote:

Image result for cat memes thanksgiving

Dx 2007, Stage IV, 24/38 nodes, HER2+

Nov 28, 2019 07:16AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Well Cami, it is wonderful to see you. We have missed you being here. You know Chevy comes now. Would love to twist your arm too, but the trouble Happy would be huge. Anyway, you are missed and loved and I'm sure every one here joins me in hoping you have a wonderful holiday today as well. Stay healthy and wise. Rich would be nice but I guess we can't be greedy, huh !!! Happy Thanksgiving.

Nov 28, 2019 07:19AM carolehalston wrote:

Hi, Camillegal!! It’s great to have you pop in. I have wondered how you are doing. Do you still have a job?

Happy thanksgiving to all

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 28, 2019 09:52AM camillegal wrote:

Hi ladies, I had to poop in just to wish ur a beautiful Holiday, I know I really don't know anyone here like I used to but I still remember the old one, Chevy, and then the younger ones. But there are so many new ones, which of course I'm glad they came here but just sad that they are here.

I'm still working LOL, I did get a couple of raises but my hrs. have been cut down due to my lack of technology, all computer crap. The business has gotten much bigger now and I started when there was 3 men and me. So since there wasn't enough men for me now there are 14, more difficult for me to handle, Shut up Chevy, my limit is 10. Now we have a warehouse and an office and like 10 trucks, I still work from home tho, I'm not getting dressed for anyone, shut up Chevy,. So all in all I work less with more pay, again Chevy keep it zipped, cuz I know where ur going. I gave u an open field Chevy.

I'm sure u know my DD has been really struggling with cancer now, it's been a nitemare. Lots of complications and she looks like Frankenstein. At one point during a sixx week period she had 4 operations. And she is still bad. She's not able to do the work she was trained for and they don't know how to fi. She has tho written articles that have to do with her profession and cancer so she's published. She never was bedore so that helps her mentally anyway. And my baby Joey is 15 now and 6feet 1 inch. He towers over me but he's still so cuddly with me and we talk alot now it's about older things. Which is in my ballpark, right Chevy??? Poles and all.An now people ask him if he plays football and his answer is no I play the clarinet,,,he's a nerd. LOLHe's been in first chair and he gets all A's <I'm bragging now> But see a NERD I overdid it with him.U ladies where around u should have stopped me, so I'm blaming u too, especially Chevy.

I have to use a wheelchair at times depending on who's pushing me I still end up bumping into walls...in the chair or trying to walk. I have turned into an addict using morphine and a couple of others but I'm fine with that. That has caused me to retire being a pollster, sounds much nicer. And see I still blabber on boring stuff

But Carole I still brag about knowing a real author, not one that had a pamphlet about beer and of course the "Illinois Lady" that passes on such wise writings all the time. see I haven't forgotten. Even tho I don't know what day it is I remember the important things.

Praying ur all doing well.

Dx 2007, Stage IV, 24/38 nodes, HER2+

Nov 28, 2019 11:21AM Chevyboy wrote:

Oh that little turd! Yes Cammi, you know it's you, Hah! I'm old? I knew I was something, but damn if I could figure it out.... Wait... You had 3 men??? Can't figure that one out.... sounds like fun, but I haven't been there.... yet..... AND NOW SHE HAS 14??? Figures....

And she doesn't get dressed?? .… figures.... Just like always.... I would scare the day-lights out of all who dare to venture.... Now YOU shut-up Cammi!

I'm just so sorry about your Daughter.... I didn't know....And where is the cancer? Is she being treated? I know.... like you, I feel so bad for all the gals that are new here.... but we can thank God we are over the worst! I was so afraid of "cancer" when I was told I had it... but it's been almost 10 years now, and I'm still okay! I mean okay, in that I don't have cancer, but that broken hip was such a PAIN!!! I'm okay, but this damn cold weather makes that titanium rod hurt my leg, for some reason.... but I'm not complaining...

You are on drugs? Hah! Along with you and Willie smoking weed? Or do you do that? Man, at OUR age, we can do anything, right?

Your little Grandson! Both of mine are 30 and 33! I still have so much fun talking to them.... Both out of State, but I still feel like they are "my boys".... like when I was with them all the time when they were little... At night, we text all the time.... okay, wait.... Texting is when you use your cell-phone, and either talk, or type into or on it! We send pictures to each other, and it's like we are all together... Both Daughter's, and both Grand-sons, and now Brandon's girlfriend!!!! She is so sweet, and calls me Grandma also!! I love that!

And what's this about having a hard time walking? Are you really honey? Just use a cane, or walker, or something!!! And no more pole-dancing... or was that me? It's hard enough to stay up-right now-a-days...

Wait.... You bump into walls? Is that on purpose?? Is that when you are awake, or sleep-walking, or both? Figures..... And Joey is 15??? My God, that kid is growing up so fast! Don't you wish we could still sit them on our laps, and cuddle up with a blanket, and give them snacks and candy and just talk to them?

But you with all those guys you work with, probably wouldn't have room on your lap....

Yes, Carole! She IS our author! I have one of her books! We DO have intelligent people on here.... of which I can't relate.... Hah! Yes, my book! I ALSO have a video made.... so there! One of the Coors tour, and I would be sent to California to present the "tour" to the distributors! I was much younger and gorgeous at the time.... I could use a little work, now-a-days....

Thanks little Sis Jackie, for getting that sleepy Cammi up off her duff, and posting on here.... like you did ME.... Hah!

Love you guys.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! XOXOXO

Nov 28, 2019 09:24PM Di2012 wrote:

oh the Chevy and CAMI show!....so glad to see you're both back! We has so many laughs....and lovely pics of sexy men! That thread went away.....and so did every one....I had an invite from someone to go elsewhere....but declined, as they seemed to be the know it all of EVERYTHING! LOVE YOU GUYS!

IT has been two weeks since my implants removal surgery....feeling okay most of the time....I have tiny. Titties.. No bra...... No implants ....okay by me....the old chest implants were so big and under my chest muscles.....so painful and put up with them for 4 1/2 years....they were the recalled implants.

Hugs to all!

Di

Mentor 600cc HP gels moved towards armpits & exchanged 3/26/15 to Allergan410MF-580cc. Surgery 12/21/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/21/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/15/2013 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/15/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/31/2013 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction Surgery 3/26/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/14/2015 Reconstruction (left) Dx 1cm

Nov 29, 2019 02:46AM - edited Nov 29, 2019 02:56AM by IllinoisLady

Di, good to hear from you and I'm sure glad you are feeling better now. It sounds like it is mainly a huge relief to be 'done' with the implants. I hope you finish healing and just keep going. Will you have to have any ROM therapy or will that just come on its own. Also, I'm with you. Chevy and Cami always made us lively here.

Rained last night. We went visiting at the hospital later on in the day. Anyway when we got home I started supper and got a call from Dr. B. He and family had gotten together and made way too much food ( that happens a lot I think ) and so asked if they could bring us some of it to us. I was so happy since I didn't make any of the 'traditional' food and now have it after all.

Hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday. Can't believe we are getting ready to start the Christmas count-down. Several people had their outdoor Christmas decorations up and turned on -- over a week ago. It is true that people tend to do it here a bit early, but they also leave them up for a week or two into the new yr. and it starts to feel like forever to me. Still I'm grateful since we don't bother out here in the woods.

Stay warm.

ETA: Cami, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I will keep her in my thoughts for sure. I so enjoyed hearing about your grandson. Hard to believe his age ( 15 ) already. Time to drive, huh !!!

Page 1176 of 1,190 (35,699 results)