Join Us

We are 220,251 members in 84 forums discussing 161,853 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Feb 8, 2009 10:29AM

Northstar wrote:

I am an "older" woman with breast cancer (I was diagnosed at 65 and am now 66).  I notice that most of the posts seem to be from people younger than I am (often by quite a bit...).   I'd love to "talk" with others my age, exchange info about their diagnoses, effects on their lives, etc.   I see that there is a forum for young women.

Someone suggested that maybe it's that older people aren't so computer-savvy or aren't used to being in online discussion groups.   However, for those who are, it would be great. 

DX 8/15/08, ILC, 5.1 cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype DX 11.

Page 1280 of 1,290 (38,685 results)

Posts 38371 - 38400 (38,685 total)

Jan 20, 2021 07:22AM MCBaker wrote:

Oh, no! I was on 2700 mg/day at the beginning of this week. I dropped 600 a few days ago. But I would rather go down in 100 mg steps, given the fact that I wake up regularly sometime between 2:00 and 5:00 nearly every morning.

Mary Dx 10/3/2018, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 11/16/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 12/18/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/19/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 6/27/2019 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Saline implant

Jan 20, 2021 08:17AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Peace of mind just can't be bought. Trust me: Even if your conscience doesn't stop you from playing dirty to get what you want, once you get it, it will keep you from enjoying it. As my mother used to say, "A good conscience is God's eye." Which is why I always prefer a loss to an underhanded gain; the one brings pain at the moment, the other for all time.

Patti LaBelle

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jan 20, 2021 08:33AM IllinoisLady wrote:

So far a beauty of a day here. Lots of sun to enjoy. The temps. are fairly cool but having the sun as a buffer makes all the difference. I had chemo # 6 this morning. That means only two more to go. I'm really happy about that. After I'm done I will go back on a schedule to be checked every 3 mos. that nothing else goes on. That won't be fantastic ( being knocked out to have scopes of kidney and bladder ) on the one hand, but in time if all stays well I won't have to do it so often.

Glad I am retired so I can do these things w/o having to arrange it all around a work schedule. Still holding at around 170 #'s. That is good. I'm not really too interested in more wt. loss. I'm still overwt. but I find that I can eat what I like now and don't seem to gain. So, while I could weigh less, I don't think I'm in too bad a shape. I started out at #197 so for me it is a lot of chunky wt. gone now. I do like that I don't really have any real food restrictions now which is perfect for me since I tend to fall off the wagon easily. In fact, it does seem I'm less inclined to do it now.

I hope you have all been having a really good day. Here is a good thought. Tomorrow we get a new President and I hope it is the start ( long climb though ) of getting our country and more than that, ourselves well. The pandemic/covid remains scary, and has changed all our lives so much and now we will have someone who wants to fix it as much as we want it fixed.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jan 20, 2021 01:16PM - edited Jan 20, 2021 01:17PM by CindyNY

IllinoisLady- I'm glad #6 is behind you! 2 more to go, you've got this.

Well just when I thought my home expenditures were behind me - tree removal, new pool, yard work, painting & staining, foundation repairs, new roof, and lots of plumbing, our hot water tank crapped out. I took a shower Sunday night and noticed before I was done that I had the handle full over to the left, and it wasn't hot but warm. During the day we noticed when we used hot water it acted like air was in the line.

So long story short, I text my cousin who had installed that one, asking about installing a new one. He's busy at work and didn't get back to me, so I contacted the plumbers who have been here since September. They could come Wednesday morning at earliest, $1,132 +8% tax. Cousin stopped by last night, let's do it now. We ran to Home Depot, $476, I opened a credit card to save $50. He did it in about 2 hours, $260 to him. Saved me almost $500. Old tank put out on the curb, this afternoon someone took it for scrap metal. (I know, it wasn't a short story!)

Last thing I need now is a new kitchen faucet to be installed. I purchased a new one today. Betrayal - I thought of you and all the work you've been through at your home, and I still don't know how you've survived it all.

Sandy, I'm a lapsed Catholic, but I think you can call for a hail Mary pass at anytime. She was a woman after all, and would cover us all.

I forgot to take all my meds today - allergy, omeprazol, and my osteoporosis med. No excuse for first two, but I thought it was Monday and I only take osteoporosis drug once a week on Tuesday. Or in my case now, on Wednesday.

It's been in the mid to low 30's, the water pumped out of our water heater froze on the side street. But weekend is predicting a high of 20, and a low of 4. BURR!

Hoping you all stay safe. Petite1, and that your brother & bff recover quickly. Enjoy the week.

dx at 58, no family history, onco = 19 Dx 10/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/1/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 11/14/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jan 20, 2021 02:14PM - edited Jan 20, 2021 02:31PM by ChiSandy

The "original" Mary was Jewish, so I guess it's okay. Bob is a semi-lapsed Catholic, who atones by writing monthly checks to our parish in the same amount as our temple dues. And he is a rabid football (especially Notre Dame) fan, so that at least gets us to "1st and 10."

More COVID mitigations being rolled back now: Jackie, your region is now in Phase 4, where we were in summer (includes 60% capacity indoor dining & drinking). Most of the regions are now in Phase 3 Tier 1 (25% capacity indoor dining); Cook County & Chicago are in Tier 2, but Dr. Arwady says she expects to move us, too, into Tier 2 by Feb. 1 (Yay--indoor Valentine's Day meal?). Immersive Van Gogh opens Feb. 11, and is selling tickets. Need to pick a date.

My late primary's NP (his daughter), whom I haven't "fired" as my primary (I guess that makes her my secondary), is frustrated as hell: her hospital system, AMITA (except for St. Alexius out in the far burbs which was the Pfizer distro center for the whole NW 'burbs) lacks the ultra-deep-freeze storage necessary for the Pfizer vax, and therefore can't vaccinate 1b patients---and even some 1a workers, like all of her office staff except the RN haven't gotten inoculated yet. (They get mini-shipments every so often from Loyola, and have to use them up the same day--because her dad practiced at AMITA St. Joseph--and died there of COVID--she got her shots on short notice). Meanwhile, I was able to register with Lake County--their questionnaire did not ask about residence, just ZIP code--and didn't disqualify me for that. They're doing 1000 drive-thru shots a day, but have no open 1b appointments available yet; they will let me know.

I can't get anywhere with any of the chain pharmacies.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jan 20, 2021 04:19PM Taco1946 wrote:

AZ went to 65 and over this morning.. Got myself registered but no appointment in Feb. A friend who is also under 75 got an appointment at 5:00 am but said she spent over 2 hours doing it and I don't know how early she did that this morning. Very un-user friendly website. Hopefully AZ will get more sites open. Ken has to go all the way to downtown Phoenix - we probably should either take a trial run or allow an hour to get there. We're already worrying about full bladders! None of the pharmacies seem to have anything yet. The local independent living complexes don't seem to be giving any shots either. On the other hand, my SIL who lives in CO said Walgreens came to the rec center in her age-restricted housing development. What a mess!

I had a fairly good seat at the 1993 swearing-in thanks to Senator George Mitchell. While I certainly have hopes that life will calm down, watching TV tonight just made me sad. We shouldn't need 25,000 troops on the streets to swear in a President.

Dx 11/22/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 12/28/2016 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 2/2/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 2/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/3/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Targeted Therapy

Jan 21, 2021 01:07AM - edited Jan 21, 2021 01:13AM by MCBaker

I just downloaded the "1776 Report" about re-creating the US in the image of 1776 but in modern times. Heather Cox Richardson has been talking about it for the past few days, and the impossibility of such a scenario. We must interpret the Bible in the context of the times we are in, just as we should interpret the Constitution in the context of present-day life.

I say you have every right to invoke the phrase, Sandy!

Temp is 5degF right now. Not nice. And trying to procrastinate taking Tippy out for his morning walk would stretch his bladder beyond its limits.

Our Mayo system clinic will leave a message on the patient portal notifying people when their class comes up, asking us to call to make appointments. It looks organized, but there is plenty of room for things to change between writing up a plan and implementing it.

Mary Dx 10/3/2018, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 11/16/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 12/18/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/19/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 6/27/2019 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Saline implant

Jan 21, 2021 02:08AM petite1 wrote:

Good morning, ladies. My BFF and brother are recovering. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Cindy, you and Betrayal have been though so much with you houses. Wow

IllinoisLady, 2 more to go!

MC, 5 degrees and I complain about 30. LOL

petite Dx 8/23/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/20/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jan 21, 2021 02:48AM Betrayal wrote:

I guess I would be bored out of my mind (not) if I did not have a house that is still far from restored. I am currently focusing on debulking our finished basement offices and entertainment area in preparation for the next phase. They called yesterday to ask if they could drop off the oak flooring for the living room and to see if they could do the installation on Thursday. I refused and reminded them that they still had to complete the second floor, the A/C in the attic, etc and that the next focus would be the basement. I do not want them to finish the first floor and then have them traipse through the house to access the basement. They create so much dust that the last thing I want is my living room to be finished and then have to dust and vacuum daily. They need to replace the granite flooring in the foyer so what is the point of restoring it and then having them damage it?

Cleaning the basement will be a boon for a local teacher's charity. I have lots of 3 ring binders I used for work and other school supplies that we do not need. I contacted the woman who spearheads this charity and she is willing to accept all that I have. So we wiped down all the binders with lysol, bagged paper clips (I think they multiple when the lights are out) and are creating an inventory list for her (she asked for this to help her out) and currently have a rubber maid bin full and 2 large cardboard boxes of binders ready to go.

I purged lots of my work related materials I don't need anymore, shredding anything related to students and recycling the rest. It has been hard slogging and sometimes after hours of work it seemed more of a mess than before but it felt good to purge. I still have 2/4 file drawers to do but the one cabinet I used is totally empty. The bookcases have been edited and many of my nursing books are being rehomed to the wife of my son's friend who is currently enrolled in a nursing program. I have 2.5 xerox boxes for her. They are all current so it may save her some money.

The basement needs the flooring replaced and wall damage repaired plus repainting. It is mostly cosmetic but means moving furniture from one area to another while they do the flooring and painting. However, it may lead to a reupholstering of the furniture in the entertainment area eventually. The cushions can be removed so it's not like I can send it out to get it out of the way. It's the old Pine Factory furniture, if you can remember that, and still serves us well for a relaxed area. It has survived two children and many years of use. It is also a chance to rethink usage of storage items so there are some small cabinets and book cases that my be rehomed or donated.

So the house is still a work in progress and the restoration company has been put on notice that I want them to finish and get the hell out of my home. While their work has been excellent, their ability to organize and effect the repairs has been less than exemplary. In fact, they stink when it comes to logistics. I am meeting with the project manager on Monday and already have sent him a partial list of things that need to be done by various contractors plus I have a few more to add to it. I'll write them down and he will leave with a headache on Monday.

Surgery 1/31/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 1/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 3/3/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 3/30/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/18/2017 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/15/2020 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jan 21, 2021 07:37AM IllinoisLady wrote:

To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden, and unconscious to grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony. -William Henry Channing

Jan 21, 2021 09:25AM ChiSandy wrote:

I have a vaccine appointment, for next Tues. 1/26 (when the city & state will officially have started vaccinating Group 1b), It's mid-morning, at a far NW Side Walgreens (9 miles away), but beggars can't be choosers. And word is that Chicago may restore limited indoor dining this Sat. (my 70th birthday).

Chilling the champagne (and not just for the vaccine) as we speak.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jan 21, 2021 12:14PM keywestfan wrote:

A wonderful day and a wonderful shot in the arm for your 70th birthday present, Sandy. We’ve seen Hiaasen several times in Key West and heard him read at the Literary Festival there. He is wildly funny with a great knowledge of South Florida’s weirdest personalities We get our shot on the 27th. Long to go to Key West for a week in April- hope I can convince Gil who thinks it might well be too dangerous still, even though vaccinated, to go through the airports, to fly. Think I might prevail though.

Anastrozole June 2019 Dx 2/14/2019, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 3/23/2019 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 4/30/2019 Hormonal Therapy

Jan 21, 2021 12:14PM - edited Jan 21, 2021 12:15PM by kathindc

Got my first shot yesterday! Was able to get into our system on Saturday. Couldn't get into the three closest sites to me as they filled up fast but was able to get one about 15 mins away by car. Was in and out in about half an hour which included the wait time after the shot. They also scheduled my appointment for my second shot.

Jan 21, 2021 12:44PM ChiSandy wrote:

Bob just came home and is livid: neither the employees nor the patients in SW suburban skilled-nursing facilities (aka nursing homes) are being vaccinated, despite being in Group 1a. The assisted-living and starting Mon., the independent-living staff & residents are being vaccinated. One of his cardiomyopathy patients at Manor Care caught COVID, despite my husband having applied in DECEMBER for the guy to be vaccinated. The doc with whom he shares office space does wound care at nursing homes--but had to get his shots from one of the hospitals where he makes rounds. That doc's daughter is an LPN at a nursing home--but SHE can't get vaccinated either.

Meanwhile, our local CBS station reports that due to a glitch in Walgreen's site, ineligible people (even group 2, which isn't scheduled till April or May) have been able to get appointments--and some already have been vaccinated at a couple of their stores (far W Side Belmont/Central and S. Side Gage Park). Bob suggests that maybe I should postpone my birthday dinner till 2 weeks after my second shot...which would take me into March. But he also says that vented-tent dining is still safer than my mani-pedis (one of which I have tomorrow and must get lest my ingrowing toenails get infected).

Jan 21, 2021 05:39PM ChiSandy wrote:

I'm reading now about thousands of vaccination appointments nationwide having to be canceled because the expected doses haven't materialized. Most of those were to be given at local health department sites, but in DuPage County a pharmacy inside a Mariano's grocery canceled all next week's appointments made only yesterday. I'm a tad nervous that my Walgreen's appointment may meet the same fate--which if it happens would trigger homicidal rage at those selfish a-holes who gamed the system and glommed on to vaccines for which they didn't qualify. Good thing I don't own a gun. (Our local CBS news station ran a story on that--and the ones who managed to get vaxed out-of-turn stupidly boasted, allowing their own names to be printed. If I were them, I'd go into Witness Protection to escape those who recently lost friends and family to COVID).

We all know whom to blame for the shortage of vaccines. One of them is safe inside his Florida Fortress. But IMHO, Scott Atlas, Alex Azar and perhaps Jared Kushner might want to make sure their bodyguards are paid on retainer.

Jan 21, 2021 11:56PM karen1956 wrote:

Sandy - its just not the people you are talking about who are gaming the system. I know someone who has a medical supply business and has signed up people to get the vaccine saying they are employees - the business makes calls to doctors in hospitals. The other is a dentist who put is adult children down as being employees of his dental practice. It's across the spectrum. I worried the games my governor is playing that 2nd shots might not be available for those of us lucky to get our first. The whole system is not working. My CO is at 6% of population has had the first vaccination and way less both. Vaccines are being thrown out due to poor planning. In Canada, only 1% has been vaccinated and they haven't even started high risk individuals. I hope you get your shot next week.

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Jan 22, 2021 01:14AM carolehalston wrote:

Yay on the vaccine appointments and Boo on "gaming the system."

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 22, 2021 01:31AM kathindc wrote:

There should be a stiff penalty on those gaming the system.

Jan 22, 2021 01:46AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Listening is the oldest and perhaps the most powerful tool of healing. It is often through the quality of our listening and not the wisdom of our words that we are able to effect the most profound changes in the people around us. When we listen, we offer with our attention an opportunity for wholeness. Our listening creates sanctuary for the homeless parts within the other person. That which has been denied, unloved, devalued by themselves and others. That which is hidden.

In this culture the soul and the heart too often go homeless.

Listening creates a holy silence. When you listen generously to people, they can hear the truth in themselves, often for the first time. And in the silence of listening, you can know yourself in everyone. Eventually you may be able to hear, in everyone and beyond everyone, the unseen singing softly to itself and to you. -Rachel Naomi Remen

Jan 22, 2021 01:52AM IllinoisLady wrote:

I am sorry Sandy and anyone else who may find themselves on the receiving end of disappointment over the vaccines and getting them. Here's hoping that there is opportunity for the new admin to straighten things out as soon as possible. I do know it may not be near soon enough for those already being shunted out of their appts. I guess I can't be too surprised since the preceding admin. was so very bad. I haven't tried yet to set up an appt. but had hoped to work on it first of the week. Have to play it by ear I think.

Going to be nice today but back to pretty cool tomorrow. Just wow !!! Have enjoyed the sun and warm temps, but it is still winter time here. In fact, Jan. used to be a fairly harsh month. We have been very fortunate. Seems like every yr. lately it is predicted to be quite miserable and it hasn't panned out. So, I think we are going to squeak thru here again ( hope I didn't jinx just now ) and be okay.

I hope you all have a really good day.

Jan 22, 2021 02:21AM Beaverntx wrote:

DH and I are on our PCPs waitlist for when their medical group gets another shipment of vaccine, also on the waitlist of one local pharmacy, and checking the websites of three others for appointment registration to open(no wait lists). On the news they keep talking about the mega vaccine sites needing volunteers--I'd be happy to volunteer after I get the vaccine but who knows when that will be????? Very frustrating.

Diagnosed at age 77-- Oncotype 17, dealing with this bump in the road of life!!🎆 Dx 1/24/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 1/30/2018, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0 Surgery 1/30/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/11/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Surgery 6/15/2018 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 23, 2021 12:51AM petite1 wrote:

Good morning, ladies. In the county I live it was going pretty smoothly, but it seems the supply ran out. From what I hear it is due to distribution. Some people are having more reaction to the 2nd dose and getting pretty sick.

Today I am working on the business taxes and waiting for the CPA to call me.

petite Dx 8/23/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/20/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jan 23, 2021 01:24AM carolehalston wrote:

My PCP told me that she had symptoms of flu after her second shot. Yesterday I learned that a woman in the golf league at our club, who got her first Phizer shot the same day dh and I did, has tested positive. She awoke during the night on Wednesday night with symptoms, called her dr. on Thursday and was tested. Wednesday is the women's weekly golf event and she had participated and been around the group of women players, outdoors.

It's dark and rainy today. Yesterday I went to a paint store and bought a gallon of oil-based primer and a gallon of Benjamin Moore top coat paint in preparation for painting the wall paper in the kitchen and adjacent dining area. Not a lot of wall paper but will be quite a bit of work. The primer has to be oil based because with water based there would be risk of loosening the glue holding the wall paper to the wall. In my case there are two layers of wall paper. I'm a good painter, or was a good painter in past years, but my agility is pretty much gone.

Happy Friday.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 23, 2021 01:51AM - edited Jan 23, 2021 01:51AM by IllinoisLady

Grace is always sufficient, provided we are ready to cooperate with it. If we fail to do our share, but rather choose to rely on self-will and self-direction, we shall not only get no help from the graces bestowed us, we shall actually make it impossible for further graces to be given. -Aldous Huxley

Jan 23, 2021 01:55AM kathindc wrote:

Dr. Fauci had his second shot on the 19th. He said it knocked him out for 24 hours. He experienced fatigue and feeling achy. Other side effects are chills and a fever. Not looking forward to that.

Jan 23, 2021 11:50AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Had a long day today, but it was a good one. I had great intentions and made a great start in getting my work done. Got some important things handled, but my friend needed to talk -- and so for a couple of hours we did that. I didn't leave much un-done, but left feeling that my friend felt better for being acknowledged and for being to just talk out a number of things. I really do believe sometimes letting someone share their deep feelings safely means more than getting a floor swept.

Its dark here now and I'm looking to settle in for the night. Was late to my second stop too, but that was okay. I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. Sshh, often the minute I say something like that is when I wake up the regular time. I think the trick will be not to fall asleep too early tonight.

We had sun though it stayed pretty cool, but the sun always cheers me so much that I complain but not with any real steam to it. It is the time of yr. to expect almost anything and be thrilled when you get what is tolerable. So, I was.

I hope you all had a nice day.

p.s. Kathinkdc: I heard from a family member ( about an hr. and a half from where I live ) that they had mainly chills after there 2n.d shot for 24 hrs. but then was okay. I think -- un-pleasant, but likely way less un-pleasant than going through a round of covid. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Jan 23, 2021 04:46PM CindyNY wrote:

I've heard various reactions after 1st covid vaccine. Cousin and step son had low grade fever, chills/freezing, and fatigue/malaise for 24 hours, 2 days after the shot (ie. shot on Friday, reaction on Sunday). A gf daughter had her 2nd Pfizer shot and was in bed for 4 days, laid her out.

It almost sounds as if younger people with strong active immune systems have stronger reactions (all my examples are in 30's). Older people with slower immune systems reactions are lesser, or so it seems.

Certain areas in NY have run out of vaccines. CVS seems to be getting some, email sent to me about it. I don't qualify so I forwarded to friends who do.

I heard something on the national news that at the rate we're going it will take until June of 2022 to get us all vaccinated.

Johnson & Johnson may soon have their vaccine out. It's a one and done shot. Fingers crossed that all of you who qualify, get it sooner than later.

Cold here today, even though it was low 30's. Sun came out late. Tomorrows temp is high of 22. Artic blast headed toward us, doesn't look like we'll see 30's for at least another week, maybe longer.

I'm up late tonight, hoping to sleep in tomorrow. Stay safe and stay warm!

dx at 58, no family history, onco = 19 Dx 10/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/1/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 11/14/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jan 23, 2021 11:03PM - edited Jan 23, 2021 11:05PM by keywestfan

Sandy,

A very Happy Birthday today!

Anastrozole June 2019 Dx 2/14/2019, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 3/23/2019 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 4/30/2019 Hormonal Therapy

Jan 24, 2021 12:40AM petite1 wrote:

Good morning, ladies. It is a gray day, but in the 60's and going to 70. I am still working on the business taxes. My brain does not work as well as it did, but plugging along. White out is my friend. I thought I was just about done and left one thing out for each month, plus a missed invoice. The CPA did call me back and I have an appointment to drop it off next week. I will be glad that is done for another year. The gray skies have now turned to rain.

Sandy, Have a great celebration.

Jan 24, 2021 01:49AM carolehalston wrote:

Gray outside and humid. No heat on today. Not the best weather for painting but I hope to top coat the wallpaper in the dining area that I painted with oil based primer yesterday. There was a lot of cutting in along the chair rail and the baseboard so I was down on the floor. My neck is stiff this morning. DH suggested that I wait on painting the wallpaper in the kitchen until the counter tops are installed.

Apologies if I'm repeating myself but a golf acquaintance who got her first Phizer shot the same day we did has tested positive for Covid and is getting meds from her dr. including the BAM infusion. I was debating with myself on going back to the gym. Now I'll wait until a couple of weeks after the second shot.

Petite, I haven't done our taxes yet. Our income situation is so simple that I do the return myself using Turbo Tax. In past years when I earned an income as a self-employed writer, we used a tax accountant.

My Etsy shop is getting some visits but no orders so far.

Hope you have a great birthday, Sandy!

Page 1280 of 1,290 (38,685 results)