We are 187,485 members in 81 forums discussing 140,963 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Pain → Topic: Medical marijuana

Topic: Medical marijuana

Forum: Pain — Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: May 16, 2017 10:51PM

BulletproofLegs wrote:

hi everyone,

I'm going to get my medical marijuana card on Thursday and I'm wondering if anyone else has. What have your experiences been

This is not my beautiful life! Dx 3/3/2011, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 9/6/2011 Lumpectomy: Right Dx 2/14/2017, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 3/27/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap; Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 20, 2017 02:55AM jmayersf wrote:

I just got mine too! I live in San Francisco and there are apothecaries specializing in the medicinal aspects of marijuana. Namely, they had recommendations for nausea, for sleep, for pain, for appetite, and as well as recreational purposes. They did a great job of explaining the differences between tinctures, vape, conventional smoking, and edibles.I got a list from my medical provider and also heard recommendations in my chemo class. But finding the right place, can make a big difference. I have a friend who is a Palliative Care doc, and what she has said that Medical Marijuana is not a cure-all or magic bullet. But it can be useful.

May 20, 2017 04:09PM StellaStarr wrote:

I am all for medical marijuana! I cannot take opioids for pain, leaving me with Tylenol as my only go-to OTC drug. This was a real issue when I was on aromatase inhibitors. The chronic constant pain was unbearable. Because I live in CA, I was able to get a card for medical marijuana beginning in 2010. Now its legal as a recreational drug. It's still medicine to me. If you are going to use pot, educate yourself on the difference between indica and sativa strains, hybrids, edibles, topicals, oils, CBD, THC, vapes, etc., and how and when to use each product. They all have a place in successful treatment. I prefer indicas and high CBD for pain control or insomnia. It also helps ease my depression due to refractory lymphedema. Helps me feel more "normal." Overall, my experiences have all been positive, but like I mentioned, the key is educating yourself. If you live in the Sacramento, CA area, I can recommend a few dispensaries for quality products and expertise.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)