We are 193,347 members in 81 forums discussing 143,423 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage II Breast Cancer → Topic: Stage 2 Sisters Club

Topic: Stage 2 Sisters Club

Forum: Stage II Breast Cancer — Meet, share and support others with Stage II Breast Cancer

Posted on: Jul 27, 2013 03:13PM - edited Aug 8, 2013 01:34PM by NisaVilla

NisaVilla wrote:

Welcome to the newly formed Stage II Breast Cancer Club! And Thank You Mods for facilitating its creation.

Dx 3/22/2013, ILC/IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 3/22/2013, LCIS/DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR- Surgery 4/23/2013 Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 6/23/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 9/30/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 12/26/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/4/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 9/23/2015 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction

Page 109 of 109 (3,254 results)

Posts 3241 - 3254 (3,254 total)

Sep 2, 2017 06:17AM Suzanne50 wrote:

Thank you ladies! All your responses are helpful knowing that I am not alone in my struggle. Like I said, all the people I know with BC are stage 0 or 1 and when I say I was Stage 2 - their eyes get wide and I hear them suck in their breath. Well - maybe that is an exxageration but that is how it feels.

Grandma3x - I have been thinking maybe I need therapy or a support group of some kind. I have tried yoga and not sure that it's for me. Maybe i should give it another go or try a different class.

I think my worry and anxiety comes and goes. Sometimes I don't think about it at all and other times I seem to be obsessed with BC thoughts. My husband told me "you are cancer free until someone tells you otherwise" and I remind myself of that daily.

I wonder if Tamoxifen has contributed to my mood. I just don't feel that happy feeling much anymore. And I should - I have a great life - husband, kids, job, etc. I am really blessed in so many aspects in life. I just feel blah.

This too shall pass as they say. I am a teacher and school starts Tuesday. Maybe it will be a good distraction and get my mind on other things.

Thanks again ladies! We are all BC Warriors - not survivors - I don't like that word. Sounds too weak. I like Warriors better.

Dx 5/27/2015, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 3/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/18/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 7/1/2015 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 8/3/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 11/3/2015 Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 2, 2017 07:46AM grandma3X wrote:

Opt4life- that is really weird. my ankle on my cancer side swelled up after my second MX (prophylactic MX of right side) about 2 months after starting Femara and 5 months after my first MX. I thought it may have been due to the BP cuff they used on my leg during surgery. I had all kinds of tests done to make sure it was not a clot and they all came back normal. It still swells but my MO and BS don't seem concerned. It's mostly just the inside back of my left ankle. I tried wearing graduated compression socks but they did not help. Sandals are out so I have turned into an old woman who wears support shoes all the time LOL. Have you ever gotten a good explanation for your swelling?
Oncotype score 10. Married 35 years, 2 kids, 3 grands. Marine biologist/biochemist. No BC in my family tree. First diagnosed with multi focal ILC with 2 small tumors seen on MRI. Final pathology showed 1 large tumor measuring 5 cm! Dx 1/13/2016, ILC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/13/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/18/2016 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 10/26/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Sep 2, 2017 05:00PM Opt4Life wrote:

Grandma3x when I turned 40--that was 10 years ago, I had my legs checked because I was experiencing periodic swelling especially during flights and sweltering weather. I was flying every other week back then so a young female doctor said 'you are suffering from old lady legs'. Yep, just what she said.

All tests came back normal and since I've always had good blood pressure and cholesterol we chalked it up to older age. I started working out more and eating less carbs and loand behold weight dropped off and so did the cankles. But now they are back but only in the cancer side leg.

Hmmm, and no swollen ankles on Aromasin.

Dx 10/2015, DCIS/IDC: Mucinous, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 12/2/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 6/13/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left; Reconstruction (left) Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2016 Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 7/20/2016 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 3, 2017 11:01AM PauletteK wrote:

Hello Ladies,

New kid in here, love to meet all the stage ll ladies. Just finished my AC infusion few days ago, scared to jump into taxol train.

PK Dx 4/1/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/15/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 7/20/2017 AC + T (Taxol)

Sep 4, 2017 06:30AM Suzanne50 wrote:

Welcome Paulette! I didn't take taxol so can't give you any words of advice but just wishing you well! Hope it all goes well.

Dx 5/27/2015, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 3/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/18/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 7/1/2015 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 8/3/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 11/3/2015 Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 5, 2017 09:06PM - edited Sep 6, 2017 01:52PM by ruthbru

I have been on vacation so am just catching up. Welcome to all the new ladies. It is absolutely normal to be all shook up as you try to recover, both physically and mentally, from all the 'cancer stuff' (like how could you not be!!!!). Any and all treatments(including reconstruction) throw you off, and anti-hormonals magnify things even more......but, we are fortunate; because at Stage II, the treatments we do are VERY, VERY, VERY likely to WORK!!!

You don't ever not think about it to a certain extent; but as time passes and, if you make a point of doing interesting, engaging things......then it recedes, and you are surprised when you realize you didn't think about cancer for an hour, then a day, then maybe not even for a week. And it gets to where it's sort of like childbirth. I remember that it was really painful, but I don't remember the pain itself.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 5, 2017 09:12PM PauletteK wrote:

Ruth - I know there will be rainbow on the end, the journey to get there is a rough one. Thanks for the encouragement

PK Dx 4/1/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/15/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 7/20/2017 AC + T (Taxol)

Sep 5, 2017 09:24PM - edited Sep 6, 2017 01:51PM by ruthbru

It is one of the roughest! You will look back and wonder, "How the hell did I get through that and come out normal?" (or fairly normal anyway Loopy)

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 5, 2017 11:48PM Trishyla wrote:

Ruthbru,

Many thanks from a lurker/occasional poster. You are always so positive and upbeat. It helps. Thank you for being you. You are a treasure on these boards.

Trish

Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 9/6/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/28/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 4/4/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Sep 6, 2017 12:36AM Peregrinelady wrote:

I agree with Trish. When I was in the depths of my despair, Ruth was one of many women here who answered people consistently with an upbeat, but realistic view. Even though I didn't post at that time,I felt as though she was one of my "friends." And while my family still probably doesn't understand my connection to this board, I will always appreciate the comfort I have found knowing there are others here going through similar emotions and concerns. Thanks to all of you!
Dx 4/24/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2015 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Surgery 4/18/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 6, 2017 12:52AM - edited Sep 6, 2017 12:53AM by ruthbru

Thank you, Trish & Peregrine. That is so sweet, and you have officially made my day! Smile

At the end of treatment, along with the other emotions, I was really MAD (at fate, I guess). It was then when I came across a quote that really motivated/inspired me, "It is what it is. It becomes what you MAKE it." So......think about the stuff you don't want to do and use this as an excuse to say no, think of the stuff that you do want to do but have put off for whatever reason, and start doing them. Using this as the trigger, you can MAKE good things happen for you (and for others too)......and/or you can dye your hair purple, which is what I did when mine came back after chemo. Why? Because I felt like it and I didn't care what anyone thought anymore!! Heart

Sep 6, 2017 02:12AM PauletteK wrote:

Ruth - after what happened to us and what we went through I really don't care what other think about me. TBH I didn't care before lol .

Sep 6, 2017 01:49PM ruthbru wrote:

ThumbsUp

Sep 6, 2017 03:24PM pink_is_my_colour wrote:

Not sure where this quote came from but thought it was appropriate for those of us struggling with BC.

Your Quick Inspiration For The Day: Believe In Yourself

There may be days when you get up in the morning and things aren't the way you had hoped they would be.

That's when you have to tell yourself that things will get better.

There are times when people disappoint you and let you down.

But those are the times when you must remind yourself to trust your own judgments and opinions, to keep your life focused on believing in yourself.

There will be challenges to face and changes to make in your life, and it is up to you to accept them.

Constantly keep yourself headed in the right direction for you.

It may not be easy at times, but in those times of struggle you will find a stronger sense of who you are.

So when the days come that are filled with frustration and unexpected responsibilities, remember to believe in yourself and all you want your life to be.

Because the challenges and changes will only help you to find the goals that you know are meant to come true for you.

Keep Believing in Yourself

pink_is_my_colour Dx 4/4/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/4/2017, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/25/2017 Lumpectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 6/16/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil) Chemotherapy 8/18/2017 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 109 of 109 (3,254 results)