Topic: Stage 2 Sisters Club

Forum: Stage II Breast Cancer — Meet, share and support others with Stage II Breast Cancer

Posted on: Jul 27, 2013 12:13PM - edited Aug 8, 2013 10:34AM by NisaVilla

Posted on: Jul 27, 2013 12:13PM - edited Aug 8, 2013 10:34AM by NisaVilla

NisaVilla wrote:

Welcome to the newly formed Stage II Breast Cancer Club! And Thank You Mods for facilitating its creation.

Dx 3/22/2013, ILC/IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 3/22/2013, LCIS/DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR- Surgery 4/23/2013 Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 6/23/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 9/30/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 12/26/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/4/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 9/23/2015 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction

Page 442 of 442 (4,420 results)

May 9, 2022 02:13PM ruthbru wrote:

Congratulations, xfit! Having chemo in the rear-view mirror is definitely something to celebrate!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 9, 2022 04:39PM xfitmama2 wrote:

thanks guys! :) I definitely rang the bell today!

Just woke up from my benedryl- induced nap, now I’m awake with a steroid- induced headache. You know- the usual drill for day 1 chemo.

May 9, 2022 07:16PM beginagain22 wrote:

xfitmama,

I haven’t had chemo, but I am sending you lots of pink light, that’s not like breast cancer pink, it’s like the pink light you get with a beautiful sunset. Happy light. This will soon be something to look back on and remember how strong you were. Feel neyter

Surgery 3/18/2022 Cryotherapy (Left); Cryotherapy (Right); Lumpectomy (Left); Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Lymph node removal (Right); Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Mastectomy (Right): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 5/25/2022 Dx IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 2/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 18, 2022 06:21PM sarahmaude wrote:

Diary of a Stage 2 Shut-in

I’ve been pretty much housebound for the past week. I’m still able to work from home, so glad not to have to burn my paid leave. After finding out I was neutropenic last Wednesday, I’ve not left our property. I’ve stepped outside, but hadn’t felt up to much more than that. This week’s labs showed big improvement, but I’m having some coughing. I did just manage to walk a half mile. It’s not much, but it’s something. Fortunately I’ve not had any fever, so I’m expecting next week’s treatment to go ahead.

I’m used to always being busy. Strange to feel okay after work just reading or watching TV. It’s temporary, right?

Good things today, cheesecake, a little walk, immune system’s up, and new A/C unit’s keeping us cool.

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Left breast

May 18, 2022 06:47PM katg wrote:

Sounds good sarah maude. In between infusions are a grab bag. Sadly, my blood numbers kept me tired. Even with a blood test every week. I lost whole bunches of my muscle through that. I am finally finding the energy to get that started. Must really have been the "exercise thread letting me know it is my choice and efforts.

Bonus, my MOH surgery on my nose is looking great. Just as the DR said when she checked me out after the nurse removed the stitches. Perfect!! I wish i had a camera to watch what she did. I really believe that surgery is an art and she is the best. I needed to keep the steri strip on one more week, so 1 week and one day later, i peeled it off.

Through all my treatments i thank every Nurse, tech and Doctor for going to school to learn the skill and to give me the best care i could ask for. I make sure i keep in touch with all to fill them in on my side effects. We have a portal and i use it at the COH.

Chemotherapy 8/14/2021 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2022 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/9/2022 Cryotherapy (Left); Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Aesthetic Flat Closure, Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Removal (Left), Tissue Expander Dx IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2+, ISH, IHC

May 18, 2022 06:51PM ruthbru wrote:

It is temporary & now is the time to do what your body tells you. If it tells you a little walk is enough' listen to it. I watched all 7 seasons of The Mary Tyler Moore Show while I was on chemo. It was something I always wanted to do but never had the time. Read, watch some series that are interesting, and eat whatever tastes good!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 4, 2022 12:03PM sarahmaude wrote:

Wow. Hard to believe this thread hasn’t been updated since May! I’m now 4 months post final chemo and over two months past radiation. My hair, which was never thin enough to need a wig, but was thin, is coming back like crazy. I had it cut into a chin length bob, and hopefully by June will be all back to uniform length. Cold capping was worth it for me. But, waiting to add color has been hard. I have an appointment scheduled for December 15 to get rid of my gray. I wouldn’t mind staying gray, but my almost white temples compared to the soft shades in the rest of my hair are making me impatient to kick them to the curb.

I’ve been on anastrozole for 2.5 months and have very minor side effects. Occasional hot flashes and my gut is still in need of regular miralax. I’ve had my second Prolia shot. My blood results are pretty good, though my platelets and WBC counts are still a low. I guess I’m one of the patients who take longer to rebound from chemo effects. I read one report that it can take 6 to 9 months to recover. I had a chest, abdomen and pelvis CT scan this week and was greatly relieved that all was normal. I wasn’t sure about even looking because I was sure it would lead to follow up for something that was likely nothing.

I’m attempting to join the DARE study for HR+ HER2- high risk breast cancer. They use the Signatera circulating tumor screening. In this study, if a patient comes up positive. They are either given oral treatment or “standard of care” which is wait for clinical signs of mets such as imaging or blood count changes. It’s one of the very few studies for non-metastatic breast cancer patients

I was able to travel for work back in the end of September and took a weekend trip twin daughter B to twin daughter A’s daughter’s college town to celebrate their birthday. I love that I could do that and still keep up with work and home without being flat on the couch for days. I am truly enjoying this phase of post treatment.

I’ve been reading a new book called A Short Primer on Why Cancer Still Sucks by David Stewart. It’s pretty insightful. He spends some time comparing US and Canadian health systems as he’s worked extensively in both.

Also, I’ve been able to enjoy quilting again. I’ll go over to SerenityStat’s thin slices of joy thread later and post some photos.

I hope all of you are doing well. I hardly come here anymore as it’s so overly quiet. I still miss that early energy I saw here back in February. Hard to believe my one year anniversary from diagnosis is so near, and the brokenness here is still so apparent.

Hugs,

Sar

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Left breast

Nov 4, 2022 03:17PM ruthbru wrote:

Great to 'see' you sarahmaude! Sounds like you are doing very well! I remember being so happy to get some color back in my hair! I did lose my hair & it came back really curly & so 'salt and pepper' that I looked like an old lady who puts their hair in pincurls at night! It took me several YEARS before my WBCs went back into the low normal range (and they have stayed there ever since.....maybe that was always my 'normal'?).

I am doing well. Exercising, walking my very large (93 lb) dog, just very gratefully living! My son & his girlfriend (whom I like very much) got engaged over the 4th of July & are getting married next September. She invited me to go wedding dress shopping with her, her mother & sister next Tuesday. Since I don't have a daughter, I am pretty excited about that. I just got my omicron booster shot today so will be ready for the holidays and some winter travels!

Nov 12, 2022 07:23PM runor wrote:

Sarah and Ruth, happy to hear you are both doing so well. Ruth, I think you are brave to deal with a 90 pound dog. I also have a 90 pound dog and swear he's been trying to shove me down the basement stairs for the last few years. I don't think he realizes that if I pop off, no one will feed him or brush the burrs out of his hair! Have fun dress shopping!

Sarahmaude, I'd love to know the contrast and compare outcome of the book you are reading, American vs. Canadian care. Glad you are well and probably your gray hair looks more lovely than you are letting on. 

Dx 3/23/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/12/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 7/5/2017 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 12, 2022 08:16PM - edited Nov 13, 2022 05:49AM by ruthbru

Runor,, I think my big dog will either keep me young or do me in. The jury is still out as to which way that will go! Future DIL did find her dress. It was a fun day and happened just in the knick of time because it has been snowing ever since. It has turned into winter here.🥶

Page 442 of 442 (4,420 results)

Scroll to top button