We are 201,330 members in 81 forums discussing 146,899 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Member Matchup & Local Support Groups → Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Local Support Groups —
A place for members to request and respond to requests from women looking for a one-on-one mentor, or to connect with others living in similar geographic areas.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 04:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 09:29AM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 1087 of 1,087 (32,595 results)

Posts 32581 - 32595 (32,595 total)

Feb 5, 2018 10:48AM IllinoisLady wrote:

What we are talking about is learning how to live in the present moment, in the now. When you aren't distracted by your own negative thinking, when you don't allow yourself to get lost in moments that are gone or yet to come, you are left with this moment. This moment—now—truly is the only moment you have. It is beautiful and special. Life is simply a series of such moments to be experienced one right after another. If you attend to the moment you are in and stay connected to your soul and remain happy, you will find that your heart is filled with positive feelings.

Sydney Banks

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 6, 2018 10:09AM IllinoisLady wrote:

I have never been bored an hour in my life. I get up every morning wondering what new strange glamorous thing is going to happen and it happens at fairly regular intervals. Lady Luck has been good to me and I fancy she has been good to everyone.Only some people are dour, and when she gives them the come-hither with her eyes, they look down or turn away and lift an eyebrow. But me, I give her a wink and away we go.

William Allen White

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 7, 2018 10:13AM IllinoisLady wrote:

It is only in our minds
that we are separate
from the rest of the world.

Gay Luce

Feb 8, 2018 11:07AM - edited Feb 8, 2018 11:10AM by IllinoisLady

Living in a society that undervalues the spirit, we who embrace it are tempted to apologize for our interest. We must stop apologizing, for no subject is more important. It is, after all, love's retrieval. It the answer to global hatred. To invalidate the spiritual life is to shoot at a fireman who is putting out the fire.

Marianne Williamson

Feb 9, 2018 10:32AM IllinoisLady wrote:

When we're helping other people, we're nourishing our souls. Depression or unhappiness means we've got the wrong goal. We have forgotten that peace of mind is our only goal. By concentrating on helping another person, we renew contact with our soul and with God. We can feel peaceful again. . . . Peace of mind has nothing to do with the external world; it has only to do with our connection with God. Love really is the answer. We're here only to teach love. When we're doing that, our souls are singing and dancing.

Gerald Jampolsky

Feb 10, 2018 09:57AM IllinoisLady wrote:

There cannot be a sense of abundance or the experience of prosperity without appreciation. You cannot find beauty unless you appreciate beauty. You cannot find friendship unless you appreciate others. You cannot find love unless you appreciate loving and being loved. If you wish abundance, appreciate life. -William R. Miller

Feb 10, 2018 10:03AM - edited Feb 10, 2018 10:06AM by IllinoisLady

This Post was deleted by IllinoisLady.

Feb 11, 2018 10:10AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Gratefulness brings joy to my life. How could I feel joy in what I take for granted? So I stop taking for granted, and there is not end to the surprises I find. A grateful attitude is a creative one, because, in the final analysis, opportunity is the gift within the gift of every moment-- the opportunity to see and hear and smell and touch and taste with pleasure.

David Steindl-Rast

Feb 12, 2018 10:32AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.

- Mother Teresa -

Feb 13, 2018 10:14AM IllinoisLady wrote:

To be glad of life, because it gives you the chance to love and to
work and to play and to look up to the stars; to be satisfied with
your possessions, but not contented with yourself until you have
made the best of them; to despise nothing in the world except
falsehood and meanness, and to fear nothing except cowardice; to
be governed by your admirations rather than by your disgusts; to
covet nothing that is your neighbors' except their kindness of heart
and gentleness of manners; to think seldom of your enemies, often
of your friends and every day of Christ; and to spend as much time
as you can with body and spirit, in God's out-of-doors--these
are the little guideposts on the footpath of peace.

Henry van Dyke

Feb 14, 2018 10:52AM IllinoisLady wrote:

If everybody did just one thing. Just one thing. Not even a great thing. Not a world-changing thing, just one blessing, just one act of living kindness. The effect of each caring action, no matter how seemingly small, brings blessings into the lives of others. There may be no greater or more important thing that we can do at this instant.

Donald Altman

Feb 15, 2018 11:03AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Positive thinking is not the destination; it is the journey. An optimistic person will be constantly challenged – by external circumstances as well as inner fears and doubts. Always remember that these tests are like a ladder you must climb. As you move past each rung, your optimism strengthens and your confidence begins to flex newly found muscle that you might never have developed otherwise.

Montague Ewards

Feb 16, 2018 10:23AM IllinoisLady wrote:

The best way I have found to follow my true desires is to pay attention to my intuitive sense. We all have great wisdom within us, a part of us that knows exactly what we need at every moment. We are born with this intuitive sense, but most of us are quickly taught to distrust and ignore it. We have to relearn something that should come naturally. Fortunately, it's not too difficult; it just takes some practice.

Shakti Gawain

Feb 17, 2018 10:11AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Deep in the soul, below pain, below all the distraction of life, is a silence vast and grand--an infinite ocean of calm, which nothing can disturb; nature's own exceeding peace, which "passes understanding." That which we seek with passionate longing, here and there, upward and outward; we find at last within ourselves.

C.M.C.

5 hours ago IllinoisLady wrote:

Are you balanced? Do you share your time, your energy, your life, as much with yourself as you do with those around you?. . . . Know your limits. You are one of the most important people you need to look after and love. Balance your time, your energy, your life with those around you. You'll be able to give more freely and joyfully as a result, and you'll be more open to the gifts of the universe. It's not wrong to give to others. But it's okay to say yes to ourselves, too. -Melody Beattie

Page 1087 of 1,087 (32,595 results)