We are 216,357 members in 81 forums discussing 153,643 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Local Support Groups —
A place for members to request and respond to requests from women looking for a one-on-one mentor, or to connect with others living in similar geographic areas.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 10:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 03:29PM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 1101 of 1,101 (33,010 results)

Posts 33001 - 33010 (33,010 total)

Feb 7, 2019 04:50PM IllinoisLady wrote:

The most difficult thing is the decision to act,
the rest is merely tenacity.
The fears are paper tigers.
You can do anything you decide to do.
You can act to change and control your life;
and the procedure, the process is its own reward.
- Amelia Earhart

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 8, 2019 09:09PM IllinoisLady wrote:

When we are aware that each moment of each day, each gesture and step we take, is truly mystical and full of wonder, we will live our lives with greater thought and care. We will also have greater respect and appreciation for the lives of others.

Daisaku Ikeda

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 9, 2019 03:25PM IllinoisLady wrote:

All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him.
If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him,
like a shadow that never leaves him.
– The Buddha

Feb 10, 2019 03:38PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Hope is outreaching desire with expectancy of good. It is characteristic of all living beings. Birds, beasts, and people are always alert and striving for the fulfillment of their hungers. They are impelled forward in a ceaseless quest for satisfaction. The antennae of insects relentlessly explore and feel their way ahead, and the imagination of humans functions in the same manner, ranging through wide areas and far futures in search of the good which hope ever promises. -Edward S. Ames

Feb 11, 2019 03:55PM - edited Feb 11, 2019 03:56PM by IllinoisLady

Karma isn't luck or destiny--luck suggests randomness; destiny, a lack of choice. Nor is it the voice of the gods trying to keep us in line. Karma is a description of how moral law operates, not a prescription for good behavior.

Joan Duncan Oliver

Feb 12, 2019 04:43PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn't blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a person who won't cheat, then you know you never will.

John MacDonald

Feb 13, 2019 04:41PM IllinoisLady wrote:

As I experience it, appreciation of beauty is access to the soul. With beauty in our lives, we walk and carry ourselves more lightly and with a different look in our eyes. To look into the eyes of someone beholding beauty is to look through the windows of the soul. Any time we catch a glimpse of soul, beauty is there; any time we catch our breath and feel "How beautiful!," the soul is present.

Jean Shinoda Bolen

Feb 14, 2019 04:55PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
--Martin Luther King Jr.

Feb 15, 2019 04:59PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Just when summer gets perfect—fresh nights, soft sun, casual breezes, crushingly full and quietly cooling trees, empty beaches, and free weekends—it ends. Life is like that too. Just when we get it right, it starts to change. The job gets easy and we know just how to do it, and they tell us we're retired. The children grow up and get reasonable and they leave home, just when it's nice to have them around . . . . That's life on the edge of autumn. And that's beautiful—if we have the humility for it. -Joan Chittister

6 hours ago IllinoisLady wrote:

We are all afraid of something. But that shouldn't stop us from going on every day. We should not always walk in fear of the shadow while we are in the light. It is certain we will not know when or how the difficult and bad times will come, but if we accept that they will come, then they are easier to face when they do.
And always remember that anything that causes the shadow is smaller than the source of light.

Joseph M. Marshall III

Page 1101 of 1,101 (33,010 results)