Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Virtual Support Meetups — A place for members, in similar geographic areas, to connect for support, local resources and referrals as well a place to meet up within the community virtually.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 04:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 09:29AM by ritajean

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 04:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 09:29AM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 3454 of 3,454 (34,536 results)

Jan 23, 2023 04:33PM illinoislady wrote:

We are all citizens of one world, we are all of one blood.
To hate people because they were born in another country,
because they speak a different language, or because they
take a different view on this subject or that, is a great folly.
Desist, I implore you, for we are all equally human. . . .
Let us have but one end in view: the welfare of humanity.

Johann Amos Comenius

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jan 24, 2023 11:22AM illinoislady wrote:

Something I realized a few years ago in one of those "Of course--I should have
realized that all along!" moments is that encouragement is absolutely free. It doesn't
cost me a cent to give it out, but its payoff is incredible. A brighter smile, improved
performance on any sort of task, much more enjoyment in doing something--I see these
in people constantly when I or someone else encourages them. I often read stories by
adults who have succeeded in life largely in part because just one person saw their
potential and encouraged them when they were younger, and they have never
forgotten those people or their words. Wouldn't you love to feel that something
like that would be possible with you as the remembered person? I know
that I would, but unless I plant the seeds today, that sort
of harvest will never come to pass.

tom walsh

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jan 25, 2023 09:07PM illinoislady wrote:

Success isn't measured by the position you reach in life; it's measured by the obstacles you overcome.

Booker T. Washington

Jan 26, 2023 11:08AM illinoislady wrote:

Nature made us individuals, as she did the flowers and the pebbles; but we are afraid to be peculiar, and so our society resembles a bag of marbles, or a string of mold candles. Why should we all dress after the same fashion? The frost never paints my windows twice alike.

Lydia Maria Child

Jan 27, 2023 10:54AM illinoislady wrote:

There is never really anything to be discouraged about, because difficulties are opportunities for inner growth, and the greater the difficulty, the greater the opportunity for growth.

Peace Pilgrim

21 hours ago illinoislady wrote:

"Don't be too hard on yourself. There are plenty of people willing to do that for you. Love yourself and be proud of everything that you do. Even mistakes mean you're trying."

-- Susan Gale

Page 3454 of 3,454 (34,536 results)

Scroll to top button