Topic: Anyone else work in a school and afraid to go back?

Forum: All things COVID-19 or coronavirus — A place to discuss the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on you and the ones you love.

Posted on: Jul 21, 2020 10:02AM - edited Sep 22, 2021 11:22PM by mavericksmom

Posted on: Jul 21, 2020 10:02AM - edited Sep 22, 2021 11:22PM by mavericksmom

mavericksmom wrote:

This Post was deleted by mavericksmom.
Dx 6/6/2003, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/24 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 12/4/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 7 of 25 (250 results)

Aug 13, 2020 04:49AM spookiesmom wrote:

Aug 13, 2020 08:07AM flashlight wrote:

Hi Mavericksmom, Do you have a teachers/staff bathroom you can use? You are going to get dehydrated and will need to drink. Plus you might get a UTI or kidney infection by not going to the bathroom and drinking. I think if you wear your face mask and use a disinfectant wipe and thoroughly wash your hands... no hot-air dryer you should be fine as long as you don't touch your face. I wouldn't wear gloves. It is really easy to cross contaminate if you don't take them off correctly or if you wear them outside of the classroom. When c-diff was being diagnosed frequently in nursing homes it was from staff not changing their gloves in between patients and not washing their hands. I know where my daughter teaches if one student shows any signs of Covid she is out for 14 days. Her union is having them fill out forms for possible leave, due to illness, so she can use sick time. Good luck to you!!

Dx 11/15/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes Radiation Therapy Whole breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

Aug 13, 2020 02:25PM spookiesmom wrote:

DD is back in her bldg getting ready, for not sure what. Several lawsuits going on. She said the Night Forman, custodian, and the person who does laminating walked out and quit. She said her office had been deep cleaned. Big woo. Hasn’t been used since March.

Aug 13, 2020 07:57PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

I have just finished day 2 of distance learning 2.0! I have chosen to teach from my classroom so routine wise, it’s close to what regular school was like. But other than that, every else is a huge learning experience for teachers and families. I haven’t worked so hard nor felt this terrified since my first year of teaching! I am confident that as we begin to feel comfortable with this new model it will get easier. BTW, the rules regarding health and safety procedures on campus are stringent. Some teachers decided to teach from their homes, so only about a third of the staff arethere. The campus is eerily quiet.

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 26, 2020 11:59AM mavericksmom wrote:

Getting ready to go back next week. Safety plans are in place. No students until mid-month, and then it is only one day per half of one grade level, for orientation.

I am scared but hopeful. I know the odds are someone in the district will come down with Covid, I just hope there isn't a severe outbreak and no one is hospitalized or dies because the schools opened. The hybrid plan of half grade levels on alternating days, no students in school on Fridays, is planned to start in October. Only time will tell.

I have decided to stay away from my doctors and dentist, unless I have a medical emergency, until there is a vaccine or at least a medication that can be taken immediately after getting Covid. (like Tamaflu is for the flu virus) Going to school is a big enough risk and since I am not taking any hormone therapy, I don't feel there will be any issue to waiting. I was supposed to have another US for a suspected fat necrosis lump on my reconstructed breast, but there is a 98% chance it is not cancer and I am fine with that. I will get back to regular follow up visits next summer.

Dx 6/6/2003, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/24 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 12/4/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 26, 2020 12:05PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

We’re still on full time distance learning and no estimate as to when we move to the next phase. Our county health department will make those guidelines soon. I am still not loving distance teaching but there is no better alternative at this point

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 26, 2020 12:42PM spookiesmom wrote:

DD started Monday. My grands stayed home, on line. First day, all over local news, 3 kids positive, 3 staff. But didn’t report what staff positions. Florida teachers union case against our $&#% gov had a win. State will appeal, so nothing definite there, yet

Aug 26, 2020 03:44PM kksmom3 wrote:

I live in Iowa, where we had the inland hurricane 2 weeks ago. Every building in our district is ether damaged or heavily damaged, as in roofs were torn off. I don't know when the kids here will go back. Plus, our governor decreed all schools had to be 5 days.a week in person. How stupid is that? I think they''re hoping she will give a special dispensation for the damaged districts so they can all go online. Geez, 2020 just keeps getting better.

Dx 8/8/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/30/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Aug 26, 2020 03:55PM bcincolorado wrote:

Only a few schools have been in person and mostly elementary here in Colorado Springs. Already several have sent kids home and closed schools because of worries of COVID based on symptoms of students in the room. Even in kinder. Glad my grands are starting the year at home. We have had to "zoom" and help them already a few times already when mom and dad were not able to and Grandpa who is an engineer could help them at least with advanced math stuff.

Be safe!!!

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 1/6/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Hormonal Therapy 1/14/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/29/2016 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 26, 2020 06:46PM Mominator wrote:

We will have our staff day on September 3, then classes begin September 8. I know our administration has worked hard to put safety protocols in place.

Overall, 77% of our students will be in-person and 23% will be remote. All grades/classes will have both in-person and virtual teachers. The two tracks will run parallel. If a student/family/class needs to go into quarantine, we have protocols in place.

I am a full-time special educational paraprofessional. Our special education students need the services (and routines) they receive in school.

Our success will depend on students, parents, teachers, and staff all to follow protocols.

I will wear my mask and sanitize my hands and hope that we will be able to go forward with this school year.

Mominator, BRCA2+, STK-11 VUS. My Mom dx DCIS age 62, ILC stage IIIA age 79; Mom passed 2/28/18. My Grandmother died of ovarian cancer age 48. Friend to Lori M, passed 5/25/16. Surgery 11/10/2015 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/18/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 6/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Page 7 of 25 (250 results)

Scroll to top button