Topic: Success Stories!

Forum: Who or What Inspires You? — Share your personal story, diagnosis, and treatment path, and stories of survival, hope, and success to encourage and inspire others!

Posted on: Jun 23, 2003 03:41PM

Posted on: Jun 23, 2003 03:41PM

carmelle wrote:

Every now and then I read a post on this forum that talks about somebody who has lived a long time with disease. I know there have even been threads with many node positive success stories and stage IV survival stories.
These have been the most uplifting influences for me on my journey.
In a world of breast cancer where medical staff are so reluctant to offer hope and even we ourselves cannot always see the light I think it would be great to have a compilation of good stories that we could put in our drawer and take out for those days when the "scared" comes out too strongly.Then read just enough to spark that hope again.
I am trying to put together these stories in a booklet format and would love it if anybody could email me stories they know that can shed light on our path.
Here is my email: carmelle@bwr.eastlink.ca
I would love to hear from you.
Michelle

update: 02/23/03
glad to see all the stories. just wanted to say that the booklet idea was just an idea. i think the posts do a great job on their own don't you?
let's keep this to the front if we can for any new people to read or add to. barb, you are excellent for not letting this get lost.
Yesterday is History... Tomorrow is Mystery...Today is a gift. Dx 3/7/2003, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/15 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 9 of 158 (1,575 results)

Jan 18, 2004 05:08PM sams_mom wrote:

My husband's distant cousin was in her 30s when she was diagnosed. She had a radical mastectomy (not sure if there was even any chemo or radiation back then. She's in her 80s now. And her daughter is an oncologist.

Dx 10/2/2003, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 1/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 23, 2004 04:39AM Sachi wrote:

Hi everyone! I worked with a woman yesterday whose mother had BC 30 years ago. She's 72 now and doing great!

Barb
Sachi

Jan 23, 2004 06:27AM lorac wrote:

Thanks, Barb - Let's keep this one going!
Carol

Jan 23, 2004 04:16PM NYCarol wrote:

I met a woman on Tuesday who was a secretary in an opthomoligist's office who has had bone mets from BC for 8 1/2 years and she is doing great! Currently she is on Femera only although she has previously been on chemo for over 8 years. I assume with changes and breaks, but we didn't discuss that. 8 1/2 years, working and looking great!

Carol
Dx 4/2002, IDC, <1cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 23, 2004 09:41PM yasamira wrote:

I was diagnosed on August 13, 2003 (about 5.5 months ago.) My tumor was 5cm with at least 2 positive nodes.

I went through 8 chemos and after the 2nd round the tumor was nowhere to be felt.

Lumpectomy and 12 nodes out showed no cancer anywhere. Not just clear margins, no cancer!

I'm going through radiation at present. Happy to say I'm cancer free.

Best,

Kiwihead Julie

Jan 29, 2004 03:40PM WendiLou wrote:

Just moving this back up to the top!
Wendy
Dx'd 3/03 age 34, IDC stage IIb/IIIa. 7 areas cancer L breast. 3 found by tests(MRI) before mast rest at path. 5/14 + nodes, ER/PR+ Her2- grade 3

Feb 4, 2004 01:37PM Sachi wrote:

I went looking for my favorite thread and it had escaped to the 2nd page!!! Well, we can't have that. Just thought I'd add that I subbed in my daughter's school today with a woman who is 5 years out from her diagnosis.

Back to the front with you, thread!!!

Barb
Sachi

Feb 12, 2004 02:09PM Sachi wrote:

Back to the top with this thread!

B
Sachi

Feb 14, 2004 03:24PM rosebudd wrote:

I just met a woman yesterday who was diagnosed with breast cancer 13 years ago. She had a 9cm tumor with 6 positive nodes. She had a recurrence in the bone and then 5 years ago a recurrence in the liver. She had radiation on the liver twice and the cancer was gone. She is not taking any chemo and is cancer free and loving life!

Feb 23, 2004 01:40PM carmelle wrote:

i liked the last story alot! moving this to the front for any newcomers to see.

Michelle
Yesterday is History... Tomorrow is Mystery...Today is a gift. Dx 3/7/2003, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/15 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 9 of 158 (1,575 results)

Scroll to top button