We are 223,501 members in 82 forums discussing 157,287 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Implants...does your "foobs" get itchy!!!

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jan 16, 2012 12:30AM

karen1956 wrote:

I've had my current set of implants....mentor silicone implants for 3 1/2 years now...and there are times I feel like I want to claw my chest off...this is mostly in the evening....I haven't been to the PS in 1 1/2 years (or is it 2  1/2 years) and have no plans to make an appt for him to just look at them and say yup, they are still symmetrical....don't get me wrong, I like my PS, just not into medical appt anymore (only see my onc)....so is this due to the implants?  or is it just me....even though there is "no feeling", there are times I'm just so itchy....also, my back gets itcy as well....I now its nothing to worry about...more its just annoying...

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Page 2 of 2 (36 results)

Posts 31 - 36 (36 total)

Jul 30, 2019 10:11AM crossh wrote:

I'm 4 months out since my last surgery, final implant placement. I also have the itch you can't scratch. It feels like it's under the implant. Sometimes it's one side, sometimes the other. The more you try to scratch, the more it itches. I thought I was going to bust open my implant last night I was rubbing it so hard! It's awful. My PS also said it was nerve regeneration. Hopefully it goes away.

Dx 9/1/2016, DCIS/IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+, HER2+ Surgery 9/30/2016 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 10/31/2016 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 5/1/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right Surgery 1/2/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Sep 2, 2019 04:31PM 11yrsout wrote:

Unbelievable! I'm 11 years out and have been complaining about this can't-reach itch since day one! Everyone looks at me like I'm making it up. Every single doc has shrugged at my asking WTF is going on. Yeah, I get it that it's nerve-related, but until reading all of your postings, ladies, I have never heard of someone else experiencing this! I use the same words: clawing, can't reach, happens more at night....

So, here is the power of group therapy/forums. Somehow there is comfort in knowing I'm not alone here. Okay, so we ALL claw at ourselves until the front of our T-shirts are stretched out! What now?

The woman who mentioned Vagisil has given me the only hope. I'll investigate this.

No one in my life understands how agonizing this is. I'm about to have surgery to redo my implants as one has ruptured - incapsulated. I am praying that having things fixed will magically relieve the itching.

People think that once your cancer is gone - and of course that is the #1 objective - that you're fine. My reconstruction has been agonizing for all these years. And now I have Lymphedema; a slight case compared to many, but enough to keep me from living normally and doing some things I love to do.

Sep 20, 2019 04:37PM robinblessed54 wrote:

Karen1956, I have been scratching like a first baseman just not my crotch! You can’t get to it. But here’s my story:

I have the recalled Allergan 410 textured implants. Devil

Yes, I am angry! I have an appointment with my PS on October 24. I am demanding explanting them and replace them with smooth ones. I believe this has to do with the BIA-ALCL. I am looking forward to softer results.

Robin

Dx 9/2/2014, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/25/2014 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 10/15/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2014 Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery 3/5/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 3/14/2015 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 12/21/2016 Reconstruction (left): Nipple tattoo; Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo

Oct 4, 2019 09:56PM Di2012 wrote:

I have the itchys (and swelling)........& also have the recalled Implants too! It began lt a couple months less 2 years after "installed in 2016.....I emailed my breast surgeon and she told me to contact my plastic surgeon....he order an MRI and showed 3 enlarged lymph nodes under lefty and 1 enlarged lymph node (righty) behind my chest wall....BUT not on the MRI when cancer was confirmed at DX. (No reaction by PS

My Oncologist ordered another MRI 6 months later, and again at 1 year later...along with a ultrasound .....lymph nodes still there after 1.5 years......the last was in May 2017

I saw my BS this week and although he does not think it is anything to worry about, but HE wants to remove the Implants and send everything to pathology...(righty node cannot be removed,) and reconstruct my chest, with or without TINY implant which will NOT be under my chest muscles.

(Had to have my 13.5 year old Boston Terrier, Jelly Beans , euthanized this afternoon..I am.very VERY sad and so are her 3 " kids"....her only male dog, BUOY, looked and sniffed at her, in her little "coffin shaped " box the vet put her in for me to take her home for burial, and began whining and howling...the " girls" Chu Chu, and Vivi sniffed her and would walk away, and go look at her again and again they looked very sad.......they knew (as well as us humans) that she was having seizure more and more often, and today was terrible IT WAS time.)

DI

Mentor 600cc HP gels moved towards armpits & exchanged 3/26/15 to Allergan410MF-580cc. Surgery 12/21/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/21/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/15/2013 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/15/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/31/2013 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction Surgery 3/26/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/14/2015 Reconstruction (left) Dx 1cm

Oct 8, 2019 09:00PM MinusTwo wrote:

I am posting this on several threads that might be relevant.

I have the Allergan 410 Anatomical Textured implants. They were "installed" in 2011. I really like the implants so I determined to have some testing before jumping off the cliff. My MO ordered both a diagnostic ULS and an MRI. I went back to the radiologist who was 'spot on' for my original diagnosis.

I had already seen both the PS and the MO and both of them said they don't see any problems, but...

Today I had the ULS. This is a radiologist that I REALLY trust. He has seen a couple of ALCL instances out of a ton of people. I wanted an ULS to verify - and maybe an MRI follow up. In his opinion, he has seen either fluid or a mass if the patient has ALCL. He saw nothing abnormal on my films. My gut reaction is NO - I am not going to explant and I am not going to have any more surgery just now. As I suspected, my pain is likely from radiation after effects. When I pushed him for a 'survivorship plan', (my MO basically says do nothing) he suggested I come back every two years since I already had a recurrence 2 years after the original cancer & implants. He said many women come every year because they are worried and need reassurance or to have their hands held. Not a judgement, just a fact.

He said I can surely have the MRI if I want, but I am confident enough of his skills that I will pass on the MRI & extra radiation for now. And I will agree with my PS that I don't need to worry so much.
2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Oct 9, 2019 10:09AM OnTarget wrote:

I had some crazy itching of my palms and soles of my feet with my chemo, and I think it is part of peripherial neuropathy, so essentially a nerve issue. At the same time, my nerve damaged areas around my foobs was itching too, including my armpit and back of my triceps where I'm numb.

I took Gabapentin and the symptoms went away. Not sure if that is the cure, but it helped me!

Diagnosed at 42, Oncotype score 16, ITC in one node- considered node negative Dx 4/8/2019, ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/23/2019, ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/15/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 6/14/2019 Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy 8/6/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 2 of 2 (36 results)