Join Us

We are 224,428 members in 83 forums discussing 163,549 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Member of the "6 Month Watchful Waiting Club", Unite!

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Jun 2, 2011 09:33AM - edited Jun 2, 2011 09:34AM by SarahsMom

SarahsMom wrote:

Oops, meant to say "Members" in the title - guess I need more coffee!

Hi ladies, just wanted to start a thread to pull together thoughts from many boards on this subject.  I've been in the 6 month club for 5 years now.  Like someone else out here recently said - if I don't have cancer now, I surely will get it from all of the diagnostics!  One ductal excision, focal asymmetry, increasing density and calcs. Always takes weeks to sort through the findings, then "see you in 6 months", which, by that time, is really 4 months. The roller coaster never ends. 45 years old, high risk due to family and other factors, thinking about Tamoxifen, a proactive mastectomy...not sure.

It is helpful sharing the journey with all of you wonderful ladies! 

Page 46 of 46 (1,352 results)

Posts 1351 - 1352 (1,352 total)

Jun 27, 2021 04:36PM DearLife wrote:

Dear Cocogirl

I am sorry you lost your friend. I admire you for your hospice work - it must be very wearing sometimes when you have your own health worries. I too have been through the six month watch several times. As the day of the test approaches, I start to get nervous and have a very hard time as it gets closer. But I “passed" my last test on Friday, so I can breathe again. 👍

I am wishing you the very best results on Tuesday!

♥️

DearLife

I've looked at clouds from both sides now. Joni Mitchell Dx 12/1/1998, LCIS, Right Dx 1/9/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 2/26/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 3/1/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 4/17/2018 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

Oct 9, 2021 12:13AM - edited Oct 9, 2021 12:23AM by ubershop7

Hi, I am replying to some earlier posts..if you are concerned about the gadolinium, as I was, ask if they offer CEDM. Contrast Enhanced Digital Mammography. Some of the hospital based imaging centers offer it, usually the research hospitals. I had it during my initial diagnostic workup bc my breasts are dense. Same cost as mammogram, but usually insurance doesn't pay for the contrast material, which is not gadolinium. I think its iodine. Google it for more info.

Dx 5/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Prophylactic ovary removal

Page 46 of 46 (1,352 results)