Join Us

We are 216,717 members in 84 forums discussing 160,161 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Calling all TNs

Forum: Triple-Negative Breast Cancer —

Share with others who have ER-/PR-/HER2- breast cancer.

Posted on: May 1, 2010 11:59PM - edited May 2, 2010 12:02AM by Titan

Titan wrote:

I think that we tn's need to have a sign up list like some of the other threads have...maybe put your age, and also what treatment you have had or are now having.

What to do you think?

I can start: age 50, diagnosed at age 49 1/2, lumpectomy, 4 AC Dose dense (every two weeks) and 4 Taxol, Dose Dense every 2 weeks. 35 rads (including 7 boosts) mammogram every 6 months for 5 years (I think). see the onc every 3 months for 3 years, see the Bs every 6 months for 3 years (I think). see the rad onc 1 year after rads...probably won't see him any more after that...

I think this may be a good way to get all together...we can still have separate threads..but sometimes it would be nice to just go to one thread and have a cry or concern without worrying about not being on topic

What do you all think? ..

Dx 3/18/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1181 of 1,181 (35,412 results)

Posts 35401 - 35412 (35,412 total)

Jul 22, 2020 02:47PM Trishyla wrote:

What a great post, MountainMia. I'm a little further out than you are, but I remember feeling much the same way. That relief of getting back to normal. Of feeling like me again. Some things in my life are irrevocably changed. I am irrevocably changed. But even so, I'm still me. And that matters. A lot.

Best wishes for continued good health.

Trish

Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 9/6/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/28/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 4/4/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 8/5/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Jul 22, 2020 08:13PM jrominger wrote:

MtnMia I love everything about your post. So beautifully put!!!! We are right with you and a few months behind you!! So very grateful to be where we are and not where we were a year ago. Blessings to you and yours!

Jay

Dx 4/25/2019, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/16/2019 AC + T (Taxol)

Jul 23, 2020 12:08PM sylviaexmouthuk wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone of you all the very best.

I have now passed 15 years since diagnosis and feel fine.

I recognised two names from the past, Linda and Debra (InspiredbyDolce). It was good to see you on the thread and to know that all is well with both of you.

Sending best wishes.

Love.

Sylvia xxxx

Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food - Hippocrates B.C. 390 Preadjuvant chemo 3 months epirubicin, cyclophosphamide, 3 months docetaxel. Mastectomy RB Sentinel node pos Radiotherapy 3 weeks + boosters Dx 6/20/2005, IDC, 6cm+, Grade 3, 1/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/31/2005 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 5/16/2006 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 6/14/2006 Breast

Jul 23, 2020 09:47PM UpstateNYer wrote:

Hi Mountainmia and Jrom,

I remember you from our May 2019 chemo group. Glad you are both doing well. I am feeling great. Will have follow ups with SO and MO soon. Had a clear mammo and MRI at the end of March. My hubby will be retiring at the end of this month, so will be entering into a new phase for us. Wishing to travel to visit friends and family when it is safe to do so. Keep in touch.💞🙏 Pat

Into every life a little rain must fall Dx 2/6/2019, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 2/8/2019, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 3/20/2019 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 4/3/2019 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 5/8/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 8/7/2019 Lumpectomy Hormonal Therapy 9/5/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 9/11/2019

Jul 30, 2020 12:37AM - edited Jul 30, 2020 12:39AM by FrackingHateCancerMPBC

Hi Guys,

So MRIs huh?

My mammographer murmured something about squeaking a little if I wanted some oil or an MRI. I don't know. Is it a breast MRI and it's so much better than the mammo? So much better than the mammo

I'm back. And I'm out about my cancer, all the kids know etc. Did not die.

• Triple Negative (Metaplastic subtype) in the house!

I should update my pic. I decided to go back to school. So I'm at a well known respected University now in Astronomy.

I've got 17 months and counting on my 3 year tour of scan upon scan.

Oh - during COVID I have volunteered for road to .., whatever the drive people around guys for the ACS.

-Fracking out.

I hope my signature is still there when I post.

Plastic TNBC (MpBC) | 4 cm | AC one dose halted | Lumpectomy | Neg Nodes | BRCA Neg | Stage 2 | Grade 3 | 16 days Dx to LUMP | Dent Repair/Fat Graft & Radiation....then we cross our fingers and live WELL for 3 yrs and to infinity and beyond!

Jul 31, 2020 06:16PM LoveMyVizsla wrote:

https://www.healio.com/news/hematology-oncology/20200730/fda-grants-priority-review-to-keytruda-for-triplenegative-breast-cancer

Diagnosed at 51yo Dx 10/5/2015, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 10/30/2015, DCIS, Right, 3cm, Stage 0, 0/4 nodes Surgery 12/10/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 1/15/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 8/10/2016 Radiation Therapy 9/6/2016

Jul 31, 2020 06:56PM NorCalS wrote:

Lovemyvizsla,

Thanks for posting news about Pembro. I have tried to get into the clinical trial, but my pathology sample did not have enough cancer cells to test for PD-L1. Hopefully, Pembro is approved for wider use

Dx: 06/2019, left breast, ER/PR-, Her2-. Treatment: 06/2019 - 11/2019 AC/T. Surgery: Lumpectomy with axillary dissection in 12/2019. Radiation: 01/2020-03/2020. Xeloda - 03/2020-09/2020

Aug 3, 2020 02:49PM FC2020 wrote:

So this is my first post in this forum. I've posted in my chemo group, but not here yet. I love reading the amazing posts from everyone sharing their experiences.

I'm 1 year (2 days ago) from my final treatment. I had surgery, chemo (AC+T finished 6/13/19) and radiation (finished 8/1/19). I am approaching my official 1 year cancer free (8/26/20) although I'm kind of afraid to say that out loud - bad karma and all. I have been feeling pretty good and been dieting, to get not only the 9 pounds of COVID weight, but the 20 pounds of treatment weight off. I've been exercising and generally feeling pretty good. Much of my inner me was left at the alter of treatment. I am now post-menopausal. My skin is not the same as when I had hormones coursing through my body. My eyebrows and eyelashes just aren't the same. I have hair growing placed I never thought I'd see. But for the most part I felt like I've weathered the storm. I'm HERE! I'm ALIVE!

I've been dealing with little to no hair followed by the crazy chemo curls. This is after a lifetime of thick, long, poker straight hair. Today I finally felt like my hair might be long enough to try to straighten it. To look a little more like the "old me". I have to say I think it was a mistake. It made me see that I've been fooling myself and my hair is a lot thinner than before treatment. I realize that this shouldn't matter because again...I'm HERE! I'm ALIVE! I feel weak. I should be focusing on the cancerversaries, but instead I'm mourning my hair and wondering if I just need more time for it to fill in. I'm going to ask my oncologist at the end of the month, even though I'm pretty sure of the answer already. I will acknowledge my sadness and move on, but I just wondered if any of the long time posters here had any hope for me that it will fully come back?

There is no way around it, only through it! Dx 11/30/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 1/7/2019 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 1/30/2019 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 7/2/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Aug 3, 2020 05:28PM MountainMia wrote:

FC2020, your profile and schedule and mine were very similar. And yes, I have a lot of I'm HERE! I'm ALIVE! feelings, too, as well as the ongoing (minor but not nothing) anxiety, all the what-ifs.

As to hair, I always had a lot of hair but it was fairly fine and very straight. (It did become thinner with menopause.) It was a little slow coming back in, and yes the eyebrows and lashes continue to cycle weirdly. I DON'T like the chemo curls. For me, fortunately, I think they're nearly done. Although my hair is so short (covid haircuts at home, with clippers, by my husband) that I really can't tell if there's any curl left. But I think it's as dense as before, so I'm not complaining about that.

I'm guessing yours is partly thinned by the menopause. Ask the doc but I'm guessing that's the answer.

The rain comes and the rain goes, but the mountain remains. I am the mountain.

22 hours ago - edited 22 hours ago by hawkvand

Thank you all for jumping in and updating so much recently. When I'm having a hard day I go back through and read this thread to remind myself that it's possible for me to come through to the other side of this

Lillierose, your post was particularly therapeutic for me to read. Our stats are pretty similar and I was pregnant when diagnosed at 30 so it's been hard to find a lot of people who have a similar situation to me and are through it.

I'm making good progress and am almost through chemo with my surgical date locked down for September. Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement

Dx 2/13/2020, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/25/2020 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel)

4 hours ago Martaj wrote:

Hello all,

I have triple neg breast cancer. At present NED. Finished up chemo last week of Dec. Partial mastectomy with reconstruction, 6 weeks radiation, lymph node removal. My hair started coming back in April. Very very curly and white white. I actually like the curls being that my hair was very straight but had full body. Lost it's natural color of light brown, but the white white looks okay. Covid and all cant get it colored. My hair was very thick, now baby fine and still have some sparse spots that the curls hide. I hope my hair thickens up, but I'm just so happy I have hair again. Eyelashes came back nicely, no eyebrows, and haven't had to shave legs in over a year, same with arm pits. Nose hair back, at least my nose doesn't run like a faucet anymore. Lucky to be alive, it has been a year since diagnoses

26 minutes ago SoulShine1969 wrote:

Martaj,

Congratulations on your cancerversary! I'm so glad you're doing well. Curly white hair sounds beautiful! It's so interesting how our hair changes so much when it comes back. Not having to shave legs was definitely one of the few perks to treatment.

Rebecca BRCA1 Surgery 12/6/2011 Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery 10/14/2012 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 12/29/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 2/18/2015, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/14 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 3/30/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 5/2/2015 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 11/3/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Page 1181 of 1,181 (35,412 results)