We are 221,171 members in 81 forums discussing 156,124 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: FEMARA

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Dec 31, 2008 12:22PM - edited Nov 15, 2017 01:04PM by Moderators

nanna wrote:

I STARTED TAKING FEMARA ABOUT 2 WKS AGO. WHEN DOES THE SIDE EFFECTS START TO KICK IN

Edited by Mods to add content from the main Breastcancer.org site on Femara: Benefits, Side Effects and More

Dx 6/27/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, HER2+

Page 341 of 341 (10,204 results)

Posts 10201 - 10204 (10,204 total)

Jul 11, 2019 04:41PM PatsyKB wrote:

marijen, you read my mind...I was writing my response just as you were writing yours! great minds think alike. Nerdy

“Ring the bells (ring the bells) that still can ring Forget your perfect offering There is a crack in everything (there is a crack in everything) That's how the light gets in.” -Leonard Cohen Dx 4/10/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 5/7/2018 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/23/2018 Multi-catheter: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/12/2018 Femara (letrozole) Surgery

Jul 11, 2019 04:58PM marijen wrote:

Yes, PatsyKB,I saw that! I was able to lower my cholesterol very easily once I put my mind to it. Foods that lower cholesterol can be found with a search. My cholesterol did not go up with being on letrozole for 28 months. My MO at the time said if it does go up it would be insignificant. I compare lowering cholesterol to my thyroid and losing weight. Tried to blame it on hypothyroid but in reality I just had to quit a few things like sugar and wheat, and not eating when I’m not hungry.

Jul 11, 2019 05:11PM PatsyKB wrote:

Good to hear, marijen! I did not set out to go whole-hog (excuse the expression) plant-based, but the more I learned the more I was committed, not for any reason but my health and, honestly, my increasing love of what I was eating. I find myself fascinated but the whole subject, so I have lots of websites, blogs, podcasts, cookbooks. I do have a life outside eating and cancer, of course, but hey, a girl HAS to eat!

“Ring the bells (ring the bells) that still can ring Forget your perfect offering There is a crack in everything (there is a crack in everything) That's how the light gets in.” -Leonard Cohen Dx 4/10/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 5/7/2018 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/23/2018 Multi-catheter: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/12/2018 Femara (letrozole) Surgery

Jul 11, 2019 05:15PM marijen wrote:

Eating healthy and shopping healthy is a time consuming enterprise, I’ve found. But when my labs come back great I know it’s worth it plus I feel so much better. I wish I could find a good cooking class. One drawback is back pain that makes it hard to stand around watching food cook : )

Page 341 of 341 (10,204 results)