Topic: How are people with liver mets doing?

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Aug 16, 2013 06:02PM

Posted on: Aug 16, 2013 06:02PM

blondie1 wrote:

I continue to be very scared once I found my liver mets progressed after having to go off doxil. I am hoping to find some support in alleviating my deep seated fears by hearing other stories of people living and dealing with liver mets. My onc says I have such a petite frame (105) that an enlarged liver will definitely cause me some pain until chemo takes care of it.

How are others doing and getting through this with a positive attitude?

Page 615 of 1,921 (19,207 results)

Oct 26, 2017 04:58AM LindaE54 wrote:

Beautiful pictures Anita and have a good and safe trip!

Kaption - sorry to read your post this morning but welcome to the thread. Good to hear Abraxane is killing those liver mets!

Jena - sorry as well and welcome. Wishing you the best with your next tx.

Linda - dx at 54. Decision to stop all treatments on 9 Jan 2018 Dx 11/26/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 12/18/2013 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 12/29/2013 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/27/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 5/28/2014 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 8/28/2014 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 9/24/2014 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 12/13/2014 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2017 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 5/14/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2017 External: Bone Chemotherapy 10/2/2017 Ellence (epirubicin) Chemotherapy 10/22/2017 CEF Chemotherapy 12/27/2017 Halaven (eribulin)

Oct 26, 2017 08:52AM Grannax2 wrote:

Shetland Pony. I apologize, but I must have missed some of your posts. It looks like you have progression. When did you find out? So, your y90 and TX kept your liver mets under control for two years? Now what are you doing? Can you have y90 again or some other local treatment?

I'm full of questions. I did see you had a rash on your face, too. That makes three of us. Kinda scary. My rash has gone away and I'll have a PET in November. It will be interesting to see what is happening to my liver mets.

Oct 26, 2017 12:39PM lisbet54 wrote:

Hi again

Today I started my first dose of weekly taxol. Next week I'm going to get a port before the 2nd dose. To ease my panic the nurse was kind enough to tell me that there is a risk of collapsing the lung as they make room for the port!

The chemo went relatively well. Apart from becoming rather tired of the antihistamine I did not experience anything. However, as soon as I came home I noticed a very strong tingling in my hands and feet - especially in my left arm that also has lymphedema. The nurses said that neuropathy was a risk - but it would build up over time. First times I most certainly wouldn't experience anything. And not everybody gets it. Now already strong reaction after first dose - that's bad news I think.

Given that my tumors are very aggressive I have told the doctors that I prefer life quality to life length. And they understand that. I think neuropathy is one of the SE I will not tolerate - most people I've talked to describe this SE as hell on earth. The doctor told me on my consultation a couple of weeks ago, that the neuropathy would be the worse SE (+ loosing the hair). Should I get it, they might take me off taxol because the damages in most cases are permanent. I fear I already have to let go of taxol.

Right now my fingers have become so numb I can hardly write on the computer. Anybody knows if this early neuropathy might be just transient and disappear as the treatment continues - or is it a sign that I'm a strong candidate for serious neuropathy as the treatment goes on?

Dx 4/2001, ILC, Left, Stage IIA, Grade 3 Dx 5/2008, LCIS/DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 9/18 nodes, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2014, LCIS/ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, ER+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/28/2015 Femara (letrozole) Dx 6/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/4/2017 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 7/4/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 10/25/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 26, 2017 03:48PM zarovka wrote:

In general, I don't believe there is a correlation between side effects and the efficacy of the drugs. Many people with no side effects are responders. Many people with side effects don't respond.

>Z<

Ibrance/Letrozol Feb '16 -Sep '17. Adoptive Cell Therapy Oct 2017. Jan 2018 SBRT to sternum met and liver mets. Jan 2018 start Faslodex. Dx 12/28/2015, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 1/16/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 2/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Oct 26, 2017 04:04PM Wendy3 wrote:

lisbet54 I did six months of Taxol feet were fine pretty much the whole time a little bit of sleepy feeling that was it. Till I stopped then the feet got bad when asked my onc said it's a type withdrawal. I was like super great when will,the feeling come back into my feet she said can take up,to a year or never go back to normal. Vitamin B complex are supposed to help regrow the nerve damage so I'm giving that a go

Dx 5/13/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 26, 2017 04:39PM lisbet54 wrote:

Hi Wendy

Thanks. I know that neuropathy can come after you finished. But I also know that some get neuropathy, others not. Older women (my category) are the ones who most often get it and they also get it more seriously (knowledge from a statistic)

My question: If you are rather 'stricken' already after 1. dose - does it indicate that you're a strong candidate for a quite serious neuropathy - or might it just be a coincidence? (because I've been told that neuropathy usually comes later when toxicity has built up)

Dx 4/2001, ILC, Left, Stage IIA, Grade 3 Dx 5/2008, LCIS/DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 9/18 nodes, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2014, LCIS/ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, ER+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/28/2015 Femara (letrozole) Dx 6/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/4/2017 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 7/4/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 10/25/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 26, 2017 05:08PM Bluebird-DE wrote:

Welcome Jena and Kaption. If I missed someone, welcome to you too.

Am off to research Y90, these lesions have to go.

"Every mistake I have made has proven to be invaluable information for someone. Namely, me." Me. Diane Dx 7/15/2011, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs/other, Grade 3, 3/11 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/4/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Left Radiation Therapy External: Lymph nodes

Oct 26, 2017 05:35PM j1e1n1a wrote:

Thank you all for the welcome and positive wishes for my treatment tomorrow.

Grannax2 - I have been getting treatment at Integris in OKC since my initial DX in 2012. I realy like and trust my MO, but feel like I have a million questions now.

Wendy3 - Of course Jena is fine...lol. I didn't realize that the 1's would be so pesky until too late.

Zarovka - I will definitely look in to Rational Therapeutics and Dr Nagorny. I understand that there will always be a bit of coin flipping involved and pricision is probably not something that I will be getting...If I sounded like I was ungrateful for the effort my MO has put into choosing my treatment, this was not my intention. I think I'm just a bit overwhelmed with all the changes at one time. I did get a biopsy and they said the pathology changed. With regard to genetic testing I didn't have the BRAC mutation. I think I need to do a lot more research and start asking questions because you ladies are a lot more informed than I am.

Shetland - Yes they told me that the liver biopsy came back as tnbc. I plan on getting a copy of the report tomorrow since it does not show in my file online. I do not know about the basal type or lumina A or B but plan to ask questions. I don't know if they did any genomic testing on this biopsy or not but will ask tomorrow. I am obviously not as informed as I should be...feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Thank you all again for your help and support.

Jena

Jena -mother of 2, daughter age 16 and son age 15 Dx 12/7/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 1/16/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy 1/16/2013 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/16/2013 Bone Hormonal Therapy 7/1/2014 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 7/25/2015 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 1/5/2017 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 1/5/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 9/27/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, ER-/PR-, HER2-, Chemotherapy 10/27/2017 Halaven (eribulin)

Oct 26, 2017 06:42PM marylark wrote:

Hi lisabet. There are new study results about icing hands and feet during infusions to help prevent neuropathy.. There also is evidence that acupuncture can relieve symptoms as well. I have neuropathy from my initial treatment on taxol. It lessened after treatment ended and mostly doesn't bother me.

Take care,

Mary

Dx 5/1/2015, IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/12/2015 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 8/12/2015 AC Dx 4/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy External: Bone Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy Afinitor (everolimus) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine)

Oct 26, 2017 06:45PM cure-ious wrote:

Jena- For TNBC,you definitely want to give immunotherapy a shot, in case you are a responder (and response rates are pretty good for that cancer subtype)- and it should be even better in combination with some other drug. Also keep an eye on the developing CDK7 inhibitors, in pre-clinical studies they worked very well on TNBC, and I think the first ones have just gone into clinical trials, not sure if it is for breast or other cancer types- but keep them on your list. Best of luck!

Dx 10/2003, IDC, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2015, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 615 of 1,921 (19,207 results)

Scroll to top button